The great debate

>Butter for bread/baking
>Oil for cooking/salads

Debate is over.

fpbp

/thread

>cooking eggs in oil

Mostly yes.
But, freshly made oil in freshly baked bread is a LOT better than good butter.

excellent post

Every time I try to imagine a guy dipping his bread in olive oil I picture one of those 300kg amerifats on scooters

The way you do it at my grandparents is you put a coat of olive oil in a dish (flat dish, not a soup dish or anything), not unlike what you'd have after you eat a dish of potatoes, and you drag a bite's worth of soft bread and drag it across the place wiping it.

I prefer it warm, and sometimes add a bit of salt, garlic and bay leaf as well. Pretty delicious, desu.

The Spaniards just prinkle a piece of bread with olive oil and some tomato, I think, but I never had it that way.

This proves that huehues are third world. You take the fresh bread and dip it in olive oil with a bit of salt. It's the best. Or you put a little bit of oil on toasted bread and the rub garlic and tomato on it.

Olive oil butter semi-concentrate

Don't you fry them in oil?

>Cooking egg or chicken in oil

Butter chicken, ask India

>Not using lard for everything

fpbp
for every work its proper tool

tfw the girl from 50s has better teeth than me

Oil in bread, butter on bread.

good post
HOWEVER
better post

This

Olive oil with pepper
and fresh bread
truly master race food

Pepper on bread?

Too Jewish

olive oil and balsamic vinegar with bread master race

very good post
HOWEVER
butter for eggs

t. ate at olive garden once

>fry bacon first
>fry eggs in bacon fat
it's literally the best fucking breakfast in the world.

otherwise yes, without bacon butter works much better for eggs (especially scrambled)

unironically use both, sometimes in the same pan.

Lard is fucking incredible for baking and frying, make the america jokes all you want its great.

Yea boi

ceramics and glass?

Lard is not that unhealthy since it has the same calory value as any other fat, but it taints everything you cook with a bacon taste

People use lard in pie crusts, I'm not sure I've ever had it but I don't think they'd do it if it made their rhubarb pie taste like bacon

Butter is superior.
>frying anything with olive oil
fpwp

>olive oil on bread

rapeseed is creepy

don't worry, check out this fine polish sandwich

Why just a pickle

I mean, we have cheese and pickle sandwiches, but lard and pickle seems a bit weird.

>we have cheese and pickle sandwiches

Who's we, Cletus?

>The Spaniards just prinkle a piece of bread with olive oil and some tomato
this sounds better than just dipping in oil

bretty gud with vodka

What's there to debate? It's an average American lunch with a typical beverage.

finns are white trash
your opinion on food is worthless

nom nom

dogfood

>finns
>white

i will use human trash next time

I've heard from old-time Europeans that they find it bizarre that higher-end Mediterranean-American restaurants serve crusty bread with olive oil dip, because it seems like a poor people thing to do.

NOT SO FAT

Why not use both?

>not frying your potatoes with lard

>using shady tunisian olive oil that could be mineral oil and god knows whatever else

Lard and goose fat are much better than butter or oil for anything but pastries.

Delet this, Tunisian olive oil is pure unlike your Italian counterfeit mafia oil

Stop buying low quality lard and you won't have that problem.

All imported olive oil is adulterated. Buy American.

> using olive oil instead of sunflower one

Sunflower oil has no flavor and a high smoke point, while olive oil has a rich fllavor and a low smoke point. They're for completely different things.

Sunflower oil.

>willingly eating animal based food

Olive oil has a pretty decent smoke point of 350-450 degrees if I recall correctly. Something like avocado oil beats it at ~500 degrees.

You're thinking of light olive oil, at that point it's so refined it doesn't even matter what kind of oil it is. Olive oil only has its distinctive flavor when it's extra virgin, which has a low smoke point.

Refined oil typically has a higher smoke point but olive oil that claims to be "low acidity" which would indicate it was handled within 24 hrs of harvest actually has a smoke point of 405 degrees. Also there is no such thing as "extra" virgin oil it's just a meme. Something cannot be extra virgin what does that even imply?

Extra virgin is made by cold pressing and is left unrefined. Virgin is made the same way but with riper olives and has less flavor.

>mfw a burger knows more about olive oil than me

i live in the north, though

You don't even need the pickles.
Just some salt.

it's not, here rillettes usually go with pickles

There's not much of a debate to be honest. If I cook Mediterranean food I use olive oil exclusively. For most other stuff I use butter for low heats, oil butter mixture for medium and oil for high heats. Olive oil if I want the flavor, rapeseed oil if I don't want it. Simple as that.

>rapeseed

It's called canola now

I try not to use euphemisms.

Meds make the best food in the world, they all prefer olive oil.
your national dish is literally SHIT in a BOWL
DELET