Why is uruguay such a wonder of a country?

why is uruguay such a wonder of a country?

liberal
highest HDI in region
low poverty
legal drugs
white
wealthy
best infrastructure south of USA
clean streets
beautiful nature

Is Uruguay Switzerland of Southern America???

because low corruption

that fucking bitches beat us 2-1 in 2010 wc I bate it.

>beautiful nature

you can leave your bike unlocked in the middle of the street and it will be there week later

>you will never get yourself a Colombian gf and move to Uruguay together

It was a good match though!

Cisplatina es Brazil, Mordekaiser es #1!!!

>urucucks
loling at them everyday desu

Uruguay is "wealthy" largely because of its neighbours.

Argentina and Brazil act like filters, as in, Paraguayans and Bolivians go to Argentina, Nordestinos go to South and South East Brazil.
Poor immigrants dont get to reach Uruguay.

And wealthy Argentines (and Braziliars to a smaller degree) invest a lot in Uruguay.
They send their dirty money to Uruguayan banks, they buy houses there, they buy fields there, they go on vacations there. Punta del Este in summer is almost an Argentine city.

On its own its a rather stagnant country. But a good country to move too for Argentines who have money, and want a less stressful life with less crime while still remaining close to Argentina (you can go to Buenos Aires by ferry)

>And wealthy Argentines (and Braziliars to a smaller degree) invest a lot in Uruguay.
>They send their dirty money to Uruguayan banks, they buy houses there, they buy fields there, they go on vacations there. Punta del Este in summer is almost an Argentine city.

So Argentina is to Uruguay as China is to Canada...

Argentina has mediocre to shitty beaches, they are comparable to those of the atlantic coast of France.
Uruguay has the closest decent to good beaches, and they belong to the same culture as Argentines from the river plate area. That is why so many Argentines go there.
So it is almost a Germany-Austria situation.

Being independent and not a province of Argentina is probably good for them, although if they had been a province of Argentina they would surely have millions of inhabitants more (and Buenos Aires, millions less).

populated with master race spaniards

>uruguay
>literally you are gay

lmao

yes
no, that is Chile
yes
more or less
yes
yeah
no, that is Panama
don't really know, but I guess yes
don't really know, but I guess yes

thats just impractical for traffic

>It was designed in a circular shape to force drivers to slow down
because the schoolkids might be crossing the lagune in the middle of nowhere?

>They send their dirty money to Uruguayan banks
I guess they are Switzerland of Southern America, then.

Panama is just a city and canal

>I am ignorant and proud of it.

>making a circle in the middle of nowhere
how scandinavian of them

I kinda want to move there desu. Is there a good market for computer programmers there? My Spanish could use some work but I can learn.

>white
>wealthy
>best infrastructure
>clean streets
>beautiful nature

Thank you Czechoslovakia.

Uruguay is by far the whitest country in the whole hemisphere, so it's not surprising that they're the least shitty.

Just stop posting, edgelord.

Our culture is very influenced by Africans and we are proud of it. Get lost...

Our bridges are pretty wierd

This bridge looks like the part of the road where they would place a "do not enter when flooded" sign around here.

>a church
>a squat little monument
>a small, empty baseball field
>a 4-story building
>a hut

LMAO

Not true, at least in Montevideo. May be in some rural parts.

A Pivo for my friend. That's not all true but thanks. We have a lot of freedom, that's the best thing about Uruguay. Negative, it's very expensive. Punta del Este don't represent us. Salu

>southamerica
>comfy place

u can't be this seriously user

It is a collage about a rural region called Azuero and it's cultu-

oh.

>clean streets
>low poverty

lol, no

no

Rio Plata is pretty sweet. Wine region was quite beautiful too. There's some good shit down there.

My ex girlfriend lives there, she says that it is not as great as it sounds, it is very expensive and there is nothing to do besides going to the beach, also it's like the Netherlands when it comes to being a very horizontal country (there is not that many mountains, volcanos and shittt).