Do you have AC in your house? How common is it in your country?

Do you have AC in your house? How common is it in your country?

Canada no. Most stores have it but a lot of houses don't.

I can't fucking sleep it's too hot!

Put a fan on, faggot.

Why don't you open a window?

I legit do not have one. I never bought one since moving out of home last fall and never needed one until today.

They are all open.

It's hot outside. Heat doesn't drop too much on humid nights.
I bought one at the supermarket for $20.

Canada would be the last place I would think would have a problem with the heat.

Aye, mom bought me one because I live in the hottest room in the house and air is stiff as fuck here

I suffer here.

Normally 30 degrees would be ok for mid summer but for May all the rivers and lakes are still to cold to swim.

I assume it's not humid in your country

No, I dislike AC because they use a shitload of energy and I get a cold every time I sleep with one turned on.

ACs are common here though

It's currently 78 in Vermont. It might hit 90 tomorrow.

Fucking 37 °C on may, whoever says climate is not changing is practically trolling at this point

How do you keep cool? It must get pretty hot in Brazil.

I´d imagine Canada beig that hot desu
It´s practically the same here where i live
I feel you

Feel me

>tfw 24C
>tfw i am melting

help

It's fucking snowing on the mountain North of here, and at the Grand Canyon
Also no A/C here.

Yeah it has been warmer this month

You have a dry heat though. I wouldn't mind living there actually it seems nice.

Ceiling fan, take a cold bath if I'm at home. The average Brazilian wouldn't find 23 C cold, it's probably around that here and I'm wearing more clothes than usual

Thank god I'm headed into winter now and its over. Moving to aus though so I'll be dead within a year

I wish I lived in England (if there were more nature and open spaces) or South Island NZ. I hate extreme cold and extreme heat.

30c, my american friend

It doesn't really get that hot here, never been above 100F/38C

>The average Brazilian wouldn't find 23 C cold,
hot*, oops.

No, we just built insulated houses so the temperature stays the same all year round.
Why is this such a hard thing to understand?

easy to say when it never goes above 20

You know that insulation works both ways right?
Keeps the warm inside and the hot/cold outside.

well of course it is may. what about november?

it's hell if you have to go outside, you sweat a litre per day. If I can stay at home, I just do it and turn on all of the ceiling fans in the house

>1st world country
>No AC
Explain yourselves leafs

until a few years ago it may have only got above 30 degrees for a week each summer

is it also humid? around here it is not as hot but it is very humid so i would have died without AC, since AC also removes humidity from air.

No, but we really should have it, Siberian summers are horrible, fans don't help much.

> How common is it in your country?
Depends on the owner. Well, it's not that rare, but not very common.

And for low temperatures?

i was told that very few houses have AC in seattle, apparently.

you don't use air conditioning for low temperatures you use heat, usually either oil, natural gas, electric, or wood.

maybe this is just a linguistic difference. here air conditioning refers only to a system used to cool a building in the hot weather.

Yeah, usually over 70%. Most brazilians live by the shore.

>linguistic difference.
yes yours is a BE usage

Very common. However, there's no insulation, so a 7℃ night in winter fells like it's -0℃