/latin/ general thread

First Edition

Soon we will rise again as the greatest and comfiest empire the world shall ever see

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R8DrXK8WS4k
youtube.com/watch?v=zKp4y4aYxCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2RpHLRRN9BE
youtu.be/ojIn9CZCOW8
youtube.com/watch?v=DRD8HsY1kJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf, france isn't latin except, for the extreme south.

Latin language you drop kick

that's a meme, french doesn't sound latin at all, so even the language is already germanic mixed.
latina countries are spain, italy and portuga, the rest is a meme. Romania is basically slavic

This desu. We should just have an explusita thread. Fuck the frogies. Romanians are ok but they're culturally too different.

I suspect that you're being autistic on purpose but I will remind you that latin is dead, and that all the romance languages are just bastardized latin.

I'd like you to give at least one french word that comes from german, because you're just spreading bullcrap

how do you say blue????

Iberia is alone fuck off

lmao he's got a point

>if it is said differently it is germanic
We say bleu
Occitan say blau/blu
Catalan say blau

This is just retarded, we come from latin language, you can't deny that. It's not because some words are different and that we don't look especially like latin anymore (like any romance languages) that we don't have latin roots.

It's a bad idea to compare French to English as English basically have one third of its words from french/latin

wow so latin

Portuguese doesn't sound particularly latin at all either.

French and Portuguese (via Galician) have am much stronger celtic accent.

Portuguese doesn't sound latin, it sound Iberian

What are you doing on /latin/, Iberian

italian > spanish = portugese > fr*nch = romanian

northern accent sounds latin, we have latin everuthing, culture, looks, language, etc..

are you seriously comparing associating language with climate ? you are definitely retarded

>northern accent sounds latin
The northern accents are the more closed, celtic-influenced ones. What the shit are you talking about?

The frog is right.

northern accents sounds latin, not all of us are from lisbon/south

You're a fucking retard, mate. Seek help.

what??? celtic??? kek
lisbon accent is much more closed, you guys don't even pronounce vogals

>Crescent not a Part of French
>Arpitan with Roman
>Roman not divised between Provençal, Gascon, and Languedoc

We're the majority.
Kindly fuck off, frog.

What the fuck are you on about mate, I'm from Valença. How the fuck can you say that it has less celtic influence?

>a latin romance from the ibero-romance branch sounds iberian
no shit sherlock
difference with the pure latin languages and french is that french has their own pronunciation rules, just like eenglish, so you dont really pronounce the words exactly like they are said

Finnish, portuguese, italian, spanish, all pronounce the words exactly the way they are typed, just with some minor pronunciation variants that are actually constant within the language, unlike French and English

I dont even know what celtic languages sound like, I know my accent is closer to Spanish one, than a Lisbon accent is.

France always preferred being right to being many.

Revolution when?

italian and spanish are latin
french is latin
portuguese is latin too
romanian also latin
chill bruhs

please stop arguing friends

how's your weekend been friendos... how's this coming week looking for ya

I won't pretend some pink skinned, beer drinking faggot from nord-pas-de-calais is a latin, so I'll just leave and let you guys be.

thanks, fuck right off
it's been raining here all weekend, had to stay indoors
feelsbadman

the only celtic languages alive are the ones in UK like welsh
Basque is even older than celtic languages, as it doesnt come from the indoeuropean branch
the rest is memes, the celtic influence is non-existant

This who cares frankly.
Post some folk music instead
youtube.com/watch?v=zKp4y4aYxCQ
A fucking beautiful week end. Got a surprise appointment for the job center tomorrow so eh.
Tired of being NEET frankly

>it's been raining here all weekend, had to stay indoors
>feelsbadman

we've had nice weather all wekend but had to stay inside cause of fuckin college

congrats m8

>it's hotter here than in the desert

wow i guess I'm an arab. oh wait...

latin climates are warm, nothing wrong with the heat, that's why we are not pink skinned

this

french sounds like shit, germaniggers speaking with their guttural cavern like intonation

nothing latin about it except written vague resemblance of words. plus that gay R is disgusting

yeah, I made this thread so we can chill between latin bros and now we've got a debate on who's more latin

>gay R

LMAO

Rolled r are for faggots when i heard i have the feeling that your taking a dick in the ass

>french sounds like shit, germaniggers speaking with their guttural cavern like intonation

t. Lombards

wish we had spring weather all year long tbqh. It's perfect now... not too hot, not too cold. In a couple weeks it's gonna be scorching hot with a 1/3 chance any given day of strong fuckin wind

first week of work, kinda did nothin but bingewatch series and starting to lift
dude, I wish occitanie was still a real thing, when I talked about it with friends, some didn't know what it was. btw living in provence

Amigo! Como estas señorita?

I hate spring honestly, the allergies are killing me, makes me wish I lived in some cold shithole where it snows 24/7

french sounds cool with rolled r, you should change it.
That gay R sounds good only on women

French is mostly Latin-Germanic, tho

Regular spring is 30°C with high humidity for 3 days, then 2 days of rain at 19°C. Rinse and repeat.
I prefer damn well summer at 33° dry. It's less of a bother frankly but I guess it's not that hot either.
I don't know. I like Occitania but history is history. At least people are starting to realize how that identity was important and preservation movements are stronger than ever.
I'm on the other side of it, Bordeaux but spent a lot of time in Languedoc, Basque country and Aveyron. Never actually been to Provence now that I think of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=2RpHLRRN9BE

RESPECT
GUTTURAL
R's

Stupid dago

And they say Elsass isn't German

>culturally too different
WOW EXCUSE ME?
LOOK AT THIS HOT LATIN LOVER RIGHT HERE
youtu.be/ojIn9CZCOW8

>German
No such thing

There are Bavarians, Thuringians, Alamans(Alsacian are a part of them), Saxons, and Frisians and so on

German isn't an ethnicity but the name that the Romans gave to those who inhabit the right bank of the rhine

They always called themselves germans though and all always betrayed romans for their getmanic kin, different troves all call self germs

since when is Madrid bigger than Paris

This close connection with their people stopped them from being divided amd conwuered the fasces fascist romans found another fascist

France is germanic, not Latin

t. orthodox turk

>Shitaly

merhaba Giorgios

t. mehmet

t. mehmet's descendant

Madrid is larger and also more populated than Paris. France's capital is a lot smaller than the majority of western european countries

how is france germanic ?? french is literally descended from latin

you're the shitskin here and you're as latin a a northern french

>all always betrayed romans for their getmanic kin,
What are laeti and feoderati

>Genetic kin
No such thing

France isn't meditteranean.

??

when did I claim to be latin jamal?

so you are not related to the franks?

Can you people understand this?
youtube.com/watch?v=DRD8HsY1kJI

It's like a mix of italian and latin

you stupid greek, do you realize how big france is ? I could come from Bretagne, Occitanie or Alsace, it doesn't matter because I speak french, descended from latin, in France, which is a country with latin culture and language

so no there's no way we would be germanic because the Frankish Empire stepped on what is today France and Germany

A bit

>I can understand everything
wew

Franks aren't Germanic but Pannonian Celts

He obviously refer to Ethnic French and not Politcal French

you are mostly germanic, then celtic/gallic and then latin
nowday you are also started becoming african and arab, but that's another sad story

>Celts
>Latin

French wannabe latin. kek

That irrelevant and you should know it.

Last time i checked French was a Latin language but i have some doubts about Spanishberian since it sounds very different from Latin

We are closer to latin than you, ronuealianix.

>I could come from Bretagne, Occitanie or Alsace,
At this point, even we are more Latin than the French, especially the region I live (Dalmatia)

Sure, Tarbantos
You're not Iberians at all but Romans

>You're not Iberians at all but Romans
Exactly, You got it. We are more romans than the romans.

interlingua is a shit name, they should have called it neolatin or something similar

Only Spanish and Italian sound remotely like anything the Romans spoke, Portuguese and French are only honorary latin languages