Need Help From Someone Fluent In Japanese

So my boyfriend is graduating college. He's half-Japanese and spent his childhood in Japan, so he knows the language fluently. I want to get him a cake and have them decorate it with kanji that reads, "Congratulations on your graduation, Hikaru-kun!" Can someone confirm for me that the following sentence makes sense and is grammatically correct? Obviously I can't ask him because it's a surprise, and I don't want to give them a picture of the sentence and have them decorate it, only to find out that the sentence is grammatically incorrect.

"卒業おめでとう光君!"

Thank you!

why are you calling him -kun

It's proper, just drop the -kun since it sounds a bit odd for this.

Please leave this site, female

Ask djt

I call him Hikaru-kun because he's my boyfriend.

Even if he's my boyfriend I should drop the "-kun?" That wouldn't be too formal or something?

Do you not understand? He is Japanese. I call him that when we speak Japanese together. I do not call him Hikaru-kun in English.

do you ever call him a kunt on accident

Dropping the honorific makes it less formal, unless Hiraku is his last name

It's correct and not odd.

Sometimes I do it on purpose. We joke around like that.

The Japanese sentence you formed is perfectly fine, but if you'd like it more perfectly natural, then

>光くん
>卒業おめでとう

So I put his name first?

it's fine.
I wouldn't put the name in the sentence though.

It's more aesthetically well sorted.
Words on cake are written more like a letter over here in Japan.

So would I have them center the kanji on the cake or would it look best exactly as you typed it?

>would it look best exactly as you typed it?
no no no
centering would be nicer

Oh, and this cake being sent to your boyfriend, adding something like "これからもよろしくね" after "卒業おめでとう" would deliver extra sincere fondness too, though this idea could be omitted if the space is limited.

Not op, but seems a little suspicious. Op, be careful, try to at least put it through google translate to make sure this means what you want to say.

It's not suspicious, it's fine.

This.

Also, you should add this: ところでヒトラーは何も悪い事がしてませんでした

I'm not dumb enough to put it on the cake without translating it first lol

German joke isn't unfunny at all

Thank you so much my nihonjin friend!

good luck