Talking to a recruiter Monday (Navy) can any military fags give me any advice on the Asvab? Nervous but confident

Talking to a recruiter Monday (Navy) can any military fags give me any advice on the Asvab? Nervous but confident

you fucking retard you dont belong there youre asking in FORCHAN all you gonna do is get buttraped then emo then kys
actually do it faggot

Ex-Navy here (6 years). It really depends on what rate(job) you get. What are you thinking? idk about asvab advice because I got the score I needed, but I hear there are study manuals out there.

Aw you got me /: gonna go Kms now

I'm looking towards an engineering job or Seabees, I was told to mainly worry about your AFQT score but I'm not sure, I'm only stressing because of the electrical/automotive and mechanical shit because I never learned it through school

AFQT is definitely part of it. If you're that worried then you should go online a buy a study manual. I thought it was pretty fuckin easy, but I'm also a relatively smart dude. (I was a nuke). Honestly for Seabees I bet the AFQT is pretty fuckin low.

Yeah I have this Kaplan study guide but it's like 700 pages and covers eveeeerything a little too thoroughly, I've always excelled in school I'm sure I'll do fine it's just cool to hear firsthand from people who've actually taken it

If you've done well in school( like taken AP classes and shit) you'll do fine. Plus you can always take it more than once.

Yeah it was all Ap and honors lol it's just those few sections that I'm stressing on a little but people have told me not to worry about it because your AFQT is your main score? and that's only based on the four core sections

Listen and listen good. Navyfag here, score high on the ASVAB and get a nuclear contract. Nuke school is hard, your life on a sub or carrier will suck. But when you get out......nigga.....6 figure nuke jobs will be thrown at your feet. Listen to this. Or just get a bullshit job with no carryover, get drunk all the time, get out and have nothing to show for it.

I'm so conflicted on what to do, I've heard what you're saying about it being a really good thing to do and your job opportunities but so many people have told me fuck being a nuke so it sucks lol

WTF. Nuke fag here. I would never suggest to anyone to be a nuke. Wtf rate are you??

That's exactly what everyone has told me so ive pretty much strayed from that option xD

Yeah its a fucking terrible life. I've seen fuckers kill themselves in the school once every 2 months, and in the fleet more than that. (Or they try to and fail). It is a good foundation for your life, but only if you're willing to sacrifice your mental health for 6 fuckin years, plus there is always the option that you will get de-nuked for some stupid reason, which happens to like 15% of nukes.

Former AC Navyfag. Was hoping to control aircraft outside of Navy. Got diagnosed with mental illness after so much mental stress over job and idiot coworkers. No 100k job for me. GI bill at 32 making 32k a year instead of a respectable salary. Do it for education purposes if any. Choose your rate, choose your fate.

Navy fag here. be a pilot. flight school blows but the rest is fun

That's what everyone's told me, choose your rate choose your fate. I'm honestly doing it for the benefits and eduction purposes like you said but I've talked to a few engineers and Seabees because that's what I'm considering and supposedly they all really enjoy what they do and there's a good chance of a civilian job when I'm done so idk, I just keep getting torn in different directions

Army recruit here, if you're not retarded you'll pass easy, only the math and english sections count towards score too so if you don't know shit about cars or electricity like me then you're good.
One of my recruiters told me also that he once blitzed through an entire practice test (full 3 hours worth) in 20 minutes because so many of his recruits were bitching about it and still got around 60. Don't know if he's bullshitting but point is that you have nothing to worry about.

I'm in DEP right now and I'm going for a 6 year CTN contract

it pretty much deals with computer hacking and networking, and the skills that you'll learn are transferable. There are plenty of 6 figure jobs out there waiting for you too.

CM here. if ya got any questions about seabees let me know

My only questions would probably be how do you like it? And are your skills transferable, like do you think you'd have an issue finding a job as a civilian? All the Seabees I've talked to say they love their job and everything that goes with it

See that doesn't sound bad at all I've talked to someone who is A CT And he said he loved it I just don't know what my strong suits would have to be

Faggit user wants to be a buttpirate. Go army or marines, you beta. Navy aint.shit unless youre gonna be feeling froggy.

marines are the gayest branch fam

It's honestly just an overview of high school from what I remember. I got a pretty good score when I took it but it was a while ago. When I joined the Marines and I didn't study for the ASVAB and I did fine. Just go study what you were weak in during high school

why the fuck would you join the military? And the faggot branch at that. If you are going to be retarded enough to fight so that some cocksucker gets rich, then at least be a man and join the marines

"Be A Man" lol I'm Good I'd rather be a "butt pirate" on the safer side of things

Asvab is easy af, it's hyped up cuz they want to see how well you work under pressure. If you get above 70 or 80 you're sitting really damn pretty in their eyes. Remember to guess on questions you don't know. That's it.
-ex navyfag

Ya I love my job. I work on big diesel truck engines all day so it’s pretty legit. Most guys get good paying jobs at Cummins or CAT when they get out. Diesels are always going to be around and always needing someone to work on them