Best gaming desktops for under $1000?

Best gaming desktops for under $1000?
Buying one during black friday sales, need help picking something out.

Other urls found in this thread:

secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?submit=view
itsfoss.com/fact-intel-minix-case/
pcpartpicker.com/user/Bobbykrangz/saved/#view=HLjRGX
pcpartpicker.com/user/Bobbykrangz/saved/HLjRGX
pcpartpicker.com/guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get a ryzen cpu

bump for saving a buck and getting a good rig.

Not a fan of AMD

Alienware

How about no.

bump

Just build it lazy faggot

I was thinking about that, but I could only come up with something like this.
secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?submit=view

Doesn't exist...

fuck off mate

get someone to build you one. its the only way

just shop around on amazon until you have your pc and then get someone to put it together

If you're looking for absolute bang for your buck then building it yourself is a must. It really isn't as complicated as you think - a simple youtube tutorial would suffice.

I would suggest looking at builds on pcpartpicker.com. Not only does this site have many builds and price points, but if you decide to do your own customization it will tell you if everything is compatible. I can still run most AAA titles at high or ultra and my pc only cost around $900 including windows 10.

Don't have any friends that fuck with computers :/

I'll check it out user, thank you.

get the one that says GAMING the largest on the package

its literally just plugging cables in and fitting boxes into larger boxes.... except fitting the CPU, just watch a youtube tutorial and you'll be on level

Im gunna post up my build when I finish it, should only be another minute or two.

itsfoss.com/fact-intel-minix-case/

go AMD for cpu :)

>buying prebuilt

lol

use pcpartpicker tbh

Nigga just build one.

how's this Sup Forums?

I might try and change the gpu for something better but I'm not sure yet.

I want to believe this is a troll post.

Only grandparents arent building their own pc's and for good reason. Gone are the days where you fry your processor if you dont set the jumpers right or if you dont wear your slick static lanyard. Its super simple. Buy parts that fit together, plug them together, turn on PC, load OS. Enjoy saving hundreds of dollars on your first rig and thousands reusing things like case/fans/drives when you do inceremental upgrades.

Also I run intel/nvidia and have for decades now because amd (well ati) cards have shit drivers and amd chips I dont feel are cheap enough to justify their worse performance.

I will say though that AMD have good budget options in both proc and vidya and the new chip series is close enough to intel to maybe justify getting one if you do a LOT of multitasking or shit that can take advantage of multi cores. In gaming though intel is still better bc of better single thread performance IMO. Also not interested in arguing with fanboys (but will discuss points if not biased), this is just the way I think about it YMMV ofc.

check my build, threw it together a minute ago.

This is what I'm getting OP

You already have ram and hard drive?

yes, my pc recently broke. my dumb nephew dropped his tea on it. I have 16GB ram, SSD with windows, HDD 2terr and power supply

U wot fag?
No power supply, no ram, and 3gb version of 1060 is worst crap you can get, trust me , i got one, had to refund it asap cuz even gta v had problems

How the fuck do you drop tea on a pc

by being stupid.

look here you dumb shit

Could you check out the link I put out for pcpartpicker?
I think my builds good for a low budget but still powerful.

also there is nothing wrong with a 1060. a friend of mine has it and runs the newest games on 1080 and 4k if needed.

Aye captain succ a kuk,
If you live near poland and you can pay like 50 euro for shipping you can get i7 7700 with gtx 1070 8gb ram mobo , power supply and case for like 750 euro

that's cool,but nah. rather buy a budget PC and save for my new car

What currency you mining

Nothing wrong with 6gb variant, 3 gb sux, cant hold 4k textures of most games and the temperatures are too unstable

in a pc with good cooling and airflow 3gb version does well. I've seen it and the temps were good didn't go over 40-50

euros and $

>pcpartpicker.com/user/Bobbykrangz/saved/#view=HLjRGX
I am running the 2gb 1050 and its a pretty solid card for the money, I have no regrets (i paid either 89 or 99 for mine forget which)

Also, if it were me i would switch to intel but if you dont mind upgrading more often AMD is fine, but here's my rationale and it worked well last time I built:
I bought a i7 920 in 2008/2009 with 6g of ram in triple channel config. It was kinda expensive at the time, but I still use it and it works fine, never OC it. MB/proc are the two most expensive components to buy and so the ones you want to upgrade the least often. Processors are hitting speed walls and even the cores arent going up much. The 900 series was followed by like 5?+ other series to the current 7k series and have advanced very little considering all the upgrade iterations (maybe 20%?) In fact, buying a 3 or 4k series processor is going to get you 90+% of the performance of the new series.

Also at the time AMD were shit budget processors. Now currently they are getting better, but AMD/intel are building differently. AMD are building with more cores/threads and intel processors are building clock speed and instructions per clock (IPC). IPC and single core speed are more important for things like games (moreso older ones but even newer ones have problems getting multithreaded to use the cores properly). More cores/threads is useful if you do shit like game while streaming twitch and browsing the internet with a torrent and video encode in the background. In these cases you can solve your problems with either cores or IPC, so AMD can keep up with and in some cases even beat a faster clock/ipc intel processor.

So tl;dr is I would spend the money buy an intel and skimp on other shit if you have to in the hopes that the proc/mb lasts 10 years again. Also I wouldnt get a 250gb ssd, buy a cheapo 1tb ssd. 850 is a good ssd but expensive.

Well, i got 2 units, 1 from gigabyte, 2nd from msi, both were on open bench and both were hitting vram limits and 70-80 degrees on witcher3 then i did 0.01% and got pretty bad score, when i jumped on 1060 i got 60C max and good 0.01

Thanks for the tips user, I'll definitely consider which brand of processor Im gunna go with. Leaning more towards AMD because more cores more whores and I'll be streaming a lot while doing other shit.

I can't decide between these two GPU's
>ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 DUAL OC
>ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB DUAL OC

the 1060 is a considerable amount cheaper, but I still can't decide. I also need to buy fans, but I don't know if there's any difference between the fans that matter, like size etc.

nigga i play GTA on 80fps with a GTX 950

this

Need to upgrade my GPU, suggestions?

The 1050 TI is a good choice

I was thinking about a 1060, but I'd like to run every game I play at 144fps, at least.

1060 isn't a bad idea, just make sure you get a card over 3gbs.

Well that depends on what you play, 144fps is a crazy requirement

Yeah I'm definitely going for the 6gb version.
Well the only games I'm not at 144fps with now are Dark Souls 3, GTA, Nier Automata, PUBG and Overwatch, any other game runs completely fine. It just sucks having a 144hz monitor and not having the ability to play games that run it.

Just try to get one with a 1070 from a reputable brand

/thread

with a 1060 6gb you could run any game at 144fps if you turn the settings down (quite low on some games), I wouldn't go any higher then that because of bottle necking from your cpu.

pretty sure I'm set with my build atm
Might change around graphic cards and cpu
pcpartpicker.com/user/Bobbykrangz/saved/HLjRGX

pcpartpicker.com/guide/

So you're saying if I get a better GPU then it's not gonna be any point if I don't have a better CPU? I'm not really knowledgeable on GPUs and CPUs, I just know how to put the shit together.

graphics card are what really decide what fps and how well the games will perform, cpu helps a lot but gpu is what really does it.

I am curious why you have this requirement, I am assuming you have a capable monitor? You playing competitive or something?

Iboypower (pictured), cyberpower, etc. are absolute garbage systems. They make money off of putting together cheaper than cheap parts and only care about making them 'look' nice...

Typically crap power supplies, cheap 'office' grade motherboards (which are very basic no frills, no feature boards), a lot of cheap video cards (non gaming grade cards being sold as a gaming grade card), noname power supplies which is a BIG NO NO

I get them in all the time to fix and they're always a nightmare...

My friend bought one several years ago, back when the first 6 core Phenom II came out, friend purchased, and right out of the box, the pc wouldn't even POST... So.. he called, paid $100.00 to send it back to California, only for them to say its just fine..

What really happened was the motherboard didn't support the 6 core cpu due to a needed BIOS update... so they just sent it right back saying 'no problem' when the fucking thing did nothing...

Garbage company selling garbage products to morons who think they're getting a GAYYYMER pc

then what does bottlenecking mean, I get like what it means, but in what context.
Well I recently bought a 144hz monitor, so I'd like to play games at 144fps, so it actually makes a difference.

HP Omen

Yeah and you really cant beat their price, 150 is cheap enough you can upgrade on a faster timeline. Godspeed to you then.

Nice trips.
Basically if you don't have a cpu that can keep up with your gpu it won't be as effective.
I think? Pretty sure.

where is the line drawn though, I have an i5 6400, so won't that be able to handle a 1060 6gb at full capacity?

You'd have to google it, I'm not tech wiz.
Just know what I've taught myself.

Yeah, I know. Been reading up on fans and airflow and shit the last two days, but it's real dry shit to read about if I'm being honest.

High textures and lots of pixels tax the video card, but some video processing occurs in the CPU. At a certain point the card is waiting on the CPU to do some processing, but I dont think your i5 6700 is going to be a problem at those framerates. Usually the problem is limited to very large mismatches between proc and video, like a 1070 (or higher) on an older i3 or amd phenom or something. In these cases the gpu can outrun the processor and be waiting on it, which limiits the number of frames that can be shown. This can ALSO happen if you take a medium sized card like say a 950/1050 and run some older game at low settings, eventually the processor wont keep up with the framerate. In 99% of cases though, the video card is the limiting factor and processor is doing very little work during gaming.

Thank you sir

Thanks for the info my man. So what I'm getting from your post, is that my cpu should be fine? If I could run The Witcher on max settings that'd be dope.

build your own

I always thought these were a gimmick personally but have never experienced it. I can see MAYBE if you play quake type fps and need that frame to come in 1/120th of a second faster but general monitor/video lag seems like its a bigger consideration to me. Also, like you are finding out its not just the cost of the monitor, its the cost of everything else to run it.

Is it a noticeable difference? Would you spend the money again?

Ditch the heatsink or get a better one like a hyper 212 evo, it isnt better then the stock one right now, I would go for a 1060 if you have the extra dough.

Ya I noticed the difference immediately. I spent the first 5 minutes just moving my mouse from the 144hz monitor to my 60hz monitor. Shit feels a lot smoother and I'm definitely gonna get 144hz+ monitors from now on. It's not a massive difference when in game, but it's surely noticable, especially in fps games.

Wait, what? People buy pre built gaming desktop PCs?

Really?

Oh, and being a fan of a brand of cups is retarded. It's technical kit, not a fucking football team. Pick the best system for your needs.

Yeah I'd think so. I cant remember exactly the numbers but I recently watched a video that showed bottlenecking on a very mismatched rig at around 200 fps, but even when it was bottlenecking it stayed above 144, i think it was dropping to the 160's. Cant remember specific processor, believe game was new battlefield.

cool beans man

You build one.

there are a lot of people who don't really want to bother putting together their own pc's. I have a couple of friends who've bought prebuilt, and only payed like $50 more for the assembly than what the actual components cost.

>I hate better chipsets and prefer mine come preloaded with spyware

Or just enjoy single core performance you twat.

can someone explain the whole quad core or single core shit to me, what's the difference, except of course having four cores instead of one.

Maybe on shit settings. I get ~60 fps with a 1080 with everything maxed.

>GTA
>GTX 950

Peasant...

i second this

Don't buy a prebuilt

Build your own.

>What is pcpartpicker.com ?

OP, trust us, building a PC nowadays is the same level as an IKEA furniture.

It takes 1h to build it and another hour to install windows and basic things. 2 hours so you can save hundreds of bucks. Literally took me 30 min my first build, because I didn't do any cable managing.

Take a Ryzen for budget, or a i5 for performance.
A 580 (AMD, again for budget) or a 1050 / 1060 /1070.

And you don't even need to take time choosing good components.
People already save builds on PcPartPicker.com or other sites.

Just remember to take the latest generations in CPU and GPU, they are always more efficient than previous generations.

Every now and then it's actually cheaper with some sales.

building gaming pcs is in one of the worst states it could be in right now its actually cost more to build yourself then buy a pre done one depending on the specs.

Both intel and amd have processors with multiple cores, its just intels processors clock faster and have a higher IPC count, so they get more done per clock. So if you have a 3.0 ghz quad core intel and an AMD with the exact same specs, the intel will be technically faster. This is important in certain applications like games that are restricted to using one core (of our 4). Some applications just have problems even USING the other cores, so if you were to look at your processor usage during gaming, if you have 4 cores (ignoring hyperthreading for now), you might see 1 core maxxed and the other 3 barely doing anything at all. This makes intel processors better for single core performance. Also, intel processors handle heat better AND have higher base clocks so not only are they faster out of the box but they can get WAY faster if you overclock. I think the new series are hitting 5ghz stable, on water.

AMD processors run cheaper and since every single core is usually not run to the max anyway, if your applications can spread out over the cores equally youll get good performance out of them. Video encoding is a good example of something that can easily be spread out over multiple cores. Also Intel runs a monopoly pretty much and has shitty business practices like not allowing overclocking on some of their processors unless you pay for it because fuck you. And then their prices are much higher, so if youre trying to build on a budget its hard to do when you have to spend 2-400 for your processor.

So its not that theres only one core, its that some things only use one of them, and in these cases intel outperforms. If you can distribute the load then AMD can keep up, and AMD is pushing more cores/threads where intel seems pretty content keeping 4 cores for now.

Wrong, I built an amazing pc at pcpartpicker.
I was having a brain fart and forgot I could do that.
Build is in the thread.

well its not wrong but okay. PC building is terrible to do right now and ill tell you why.

>I'll tell you why.

your not going to get anything good under 1000, and prebuilts are crap.lookup videos,check out linus tech tips, pc part picker .and newegg.ca or.com for parts/black friday/boxing day deals. build something youll be happy with.