My family keeps guilt tripping me into going to thanksgiving which will require me to drive 7 hours across the state...

My family keeps guilt tripping me into going to thanksgiving which will require me to drive 7 hours across the state and then 7 hours returning ( total of 14 hours). I've expressed I don't wanna go but they are acting like I will be the biggest dick if I don't go. My brother even was kinda pissed saying they were expecting me and made plans around a certain amount of people being there. Should I go or nah ?

dont go you selfish cunt but why even bother with a post.

Tell them to stop being selfish fucking pricks. Fuck em.

no. im not going to mine since it's 5 hour drive from me. my family are a bunch of new york bankers who are only going to want to talk about getting their kids into kindergarten and whatever economics/donald trump/famous people they met kind of bullshit they have going on.

Go anyway.

I'm driving nine hours to visit my family. You two are lazy whiny fucks.

Are you in Texas OP thats the only way i can see you driving 7 hours across any state, and yah you should see about taking a bus, it would still be 7 hours but atleast you wont be driving

Don't go then and follow the rest of the world and don't celebrate that retarded holiday

Surely there is an airport less than 3.5 hours away from you and from your family home.
More expensive sure but fuck driving 7 hours

You need to show them!

You must die in a highway fatality to prove your point.

When you get older and friends disappear. You will only have family left. How you treat them is very important.

some of us have lives that we dont want to disrupt just to eat a turkey dinner at 2pm.

Its from South FL to north FL ( tallhassee)

My brother just called me so I'm basically getting ready to leave in the next hour or two. Gonna get there my like 1-2am... shit sucks man fuck holidays

plenty of states are that big. it takes like 7 hours to drive from buffalo to nyc

Tell em to fuck off. Man up for once.

dont go OP

if you can go, only go on the condition they pay for your fucking gas because thats retarded if they dont

>some of us have lives
>some of us have mcjobs
FTFY

>epic mcjob meme XDDDDDDDDD

Honestly I wish I had a family that did that kind of stuff. We did a "dinner" this last weekend just so my kids will have some sort of normalcy. Don't take your family for granted. They won't always be there. You lazy faggot.

Dude, i used to drive for 9-10 hours every month just to see my family, and then another 9-10 hours to return, and i only stayed for a day and it was worth it. Appreciate your family

Agreed. If you have family, spend some damn time with them. Yeesh.

Clearly you don't see your family often because of distance, so yes, stop having a hissy fit and go see your family

If you don't want to go, then don't. It'll give your family something to talk about. Everybody likes ripping on the person who isn't there.

I drove 16 hours straight from Florida once. Don't remember driving after Nashville kek

God that sounds terrible

that's family: guilt trips. better pack up and go and be grateful that you even have a family to drive to

but it's christmas in a month.

Just a pissing match of "I have more NY connections than you and I'm a big shot" between your family

Why is dinner in quotes? Was it not actually dinner? Are you too poor to afford food?

>amerifags have an official "stuff your fucking face" day

Go see your fucking family you worthless piece of fucking shit. I'm looking at nightshifts and bachelor chow for the fucking holidays.

You're the one complaining about your family giving a fuck about you on fucking Sup Forums and you expect sympathy. You're the one that deserves sitting in the dark shitposting on this homosexual dating site yet you still have a family that gives a fuck about you.

Take the fucking drive, eat your fucking turkey, chew with your goddamn mouth closed and be thankful, you piece of human garbage

it's more casual stuff like "I was doing this deal with jared kushner and (insert why the deal was interesting to them)" or "we were picking up our daughter with the weird name from prek and had to wait outside for secret service to finish picking up chelsea clinton's daughter and anthony weiner walked in" kind of stories. then i'm like, "I got shitfaced and took off my pants at this party, is that funny or is it sexual assault?"

Quads of truth checked

Just go and get shitfaced and make a pass at your underage qt cousin.

I cant chew with my mouth closed, I have a deviated septum from getting in too many fights and now I can barely breath through my nose.

You're doing it wrong, you should've told them all year when they ask you that you want to come and when it's time - BOOM - you're "sick" but you'd love to come.

If you play the sick card now they will know you're faking it since you already showed them that you don't want to come

One day all your family will be gone, and you will wish you would have spent more time with them

Ever heard of an invention called plane?

no.

Between getting to the airport, security, layovers, lost luggage, and delays, you're probably better off driving.

Quads of truth tell no lies

My entire immediate family is dead

I’m working because I have absolutely no one to go to

Fuck, quads of truth. You got me

Go see them
>Make sure you are the most obnoxious cunt in the room at all times
>They will never make a fuss about you not coming to an event ever again

This.

>Americans

EU faggots don't give a shit about thanksgiving

britfag

>EU
im sorry for your loss

Tell them you'll show up. Then don't show up.

Actions speak louder than words.

Don't forget to put your phone on silent.

My family used to try and guilt me into shit... they kicked me out of the house when I was 13, put me into a private school. I was given the option when I turned 18 go to college or get the fuck out of my house. Then I was guilted into getting married, to a woman that tricked me into having a kid way before I was ready, and now I've been paying for it for the past 17 years.

short answer dont do a damn thing other people tell you to unless you want to... Family means nothing unless its the family you make, your parents were probably children when they had you, and your probably a mistake for them. dont trust anyone, life is too fucking short to waist your time on dumb shit convention because someone else is sentimental.

"made plans around a certain amount of people being there."

Fuck that statement, tell them to bring a homeless guy.

It takes 14 hours to drive from one end of California to the other and that's if you don't hit a lot of traffic

This.
Family is everything, even if they annoy the shit out of you.

no.... its really not, if your family has fucked you, stolen from you, destroyed your life. It means nothing

The quads has spoken. Stop being a faggot

7 hours thanksgiving travel time is more like 12 hours11

you are so busy you can't sacrifice a day for your family but you probably shitpost a min of 3 hours a day in Sup Forums

it's more than a day. It's far enough I would have to spend the night, and I'm 6' tall, my parents only have twin beds which I dont fit in.

Cause our country's worth celebrating

Yeah but you probably liked your family.

Sounds like the OP doesn't really care for his, which is probably why they are so pissed about him not wanting to go, because they can read between the lines.

I don't blame you, OP. I have some family that are awesome and I go see them once a year at least, and other family that sucks and I have basically written them off.

That's one of the few advantages of being an adult. Getting to decide who you're going to give a fuck about. So feel free to exercise it, if you're willing to accept the consequences.

>Fuck that statement, tell them to bring a homeless guy.
kek, yes do that. Tell them to make a difference. You'll gladly give up your seat to the needy.

One day when you are older you will be sad and lonely on thanksgiving with no family or friends to spend your time with. On that day you'll have wished you went. Trust an oldfag

Welcome to being an adult my nigga.
I have to drive clear across New York State for the same reason. You I like that shit? Hell fuck no. But you gotta do it... for the family

Yeah unless you got a cheap, direct flight there's no way in hell that flying is better than driving 7 hours.

>Its from South FL to north FL ( tallhassee)
Do not do it, fam. I've made that trip plenty of times. For one day, it is not worth it. I've missed 4 thanksgivings for being in tally in school, never felt bad. But also my family isn't retarded like yours, they sounds like shitheads for assuming you'd do that.

Fuck I hate you.

They brought you up you worthless cunt.

Stay in a hotel, poorfag

>They brought you up you worthless cunt.
he never asked for it though did he?

Your family sucks, bro. Fuck 'em.

that would be more offensive to my mother than just not going because it's too far for one day and the rest of the family lives in a different kind of world that I cant relate to.

make them pay for the gas upfront, if they do so and dont nag you about it then they just want you there, dont be an ass and drive. if they nag, tell them you got other plans like lying in your own vomit at the pub around the corner

In 2007 i didnt go see my family due to the same issue. That day my aunt (who was like my mom) told the family she has als. She died 3 weeks later. My lifes biggest regret

Fuck you. I have to pay $600 for a round trip ticket to get there, I wish i could be there in just seven hours of driving. Id go every 3 day weekend.

you wouldnt have wanted to be at that dinner. too depressing.

At least you have a family. I have to off myself to see mine

I have an idea to make your drive more bearable:
>get a gallon of cheap vodka
>empty out the windshield washer fluid tank in your car.
>get a long length of small gauge hose, like a fish tank pump air line or something similar.
>route this line from the windshield washer tank to the drivers compartment of your car
>fill washer fluid tank up with vodka
>run line up your pant leg and (bear with me here) up your ass.
>as you drive, periodically activate your windshield washers, which will gently dispense vodka up your rectum.
>you will get drunk
>if the cops pull you over you will pass a breathalyzer. Just tell them you’re a diabetic who is low on sugar or some shit.
>show up to thanksgiving drunk af

>world
>American holiday

we also have an official "we kick britbongs ass" day where we blow shit up.

Same. Everybody dead. I didn't particularly like my family either, especially the extended family. Every holiday I'd get spammed with phone call invitations and be annoyed enough to take the phone of the hook.

Grandma Irma who would try to kiss me on the face.

Uncle Teddy who did the "my handshake is stronger than yours" routine to painful extremes.

Aunt Elsa who would bring her retarded 30 year old daughter to yell and fling food all day.

Cousin Mike who asked for smokes every year for 15 years after I told him I didn't smoke.

Grandpa Charlie, lost half a finger to a saw, who would always pretend to pick his nose with said finger.

Uncle Ron who had a loud talking voice like a blender.

Uncle Kenny who'd yell at anyone who laid their elbows on the table while eating, but who chewed with his mouth open.

Now I wish they'd annoy me.

that finger thing sounds like I would piss my pants laughing.

Is your retarded cousin hot?

or just spike the food with weed

its a glorious meal to you fucking eurotrash fagget. enjoy your cities. they seem real accomodatting and safe

We can afford food

fuck your septum you stupid cunt i hope it rots