Anglo-American love thread

Anglo-American love thread.

ITT: Britbongs say something genuinely nice about America, and Americans say something genuinely nice about Britain.

I'll start. Every American I've met has been intelligent, good company and had a great sense of humour.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU
youtube.com/watch?v=MIAJemmO-bg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

never met an american, but when i hear them say "that's great" it sounds much more genuine

amerifag here. i like britbongs' dry sense of humor

Aussie here, both yanks and pommes are born gay

>Every American I've met has been intelligent, good company and had a great sense of humour
Is this satire or have you just not met many Americans?

Peaky blinders is a good show, thank you.

Britbong here, that sounds incredibly sarcastic as you didn't insult them

Example: You twats know how to party.

Stupidity is a human condition. No country holds a monopoly on it

I was doing a military march in Njmegan, Netherlands. This Brigfag squaddie next to me shouts over to this Yankfag with earphones in stomping along. Says "Yo, dude, what you listening to". In a stern don't-fuck-with-me-I'm-busy tone, Yankfag says "Techno! Techno motivates". Replaces earphones. Stomps forwards.... into the setting sun.

That, is America.

I've met a couple of dozen and I meant it unironically and unsarcastically. It does sound like I was being sarcastic now I've re-read but I wasn't.

FUCKING SAUCE NOW FAGGOT!

source?

American here. I genuinely think that the British have an awesome sense of humor; lowkey, passive aggressive, and outright golden.

Took a total of four posts before some moron from abroad couldn't stand the frothing rage anymore and posted his distaste for millions of unique, different individuals. Bravo, man. This is why the entire world hates each other.

British media is mostly entertaining. I love Doctor Who, Great Britain's Baking Show and anything Gordon Ramsay does over there. You can tell he hams up the attitude when he's in the States because that's what American reality television mostly consists of. My wife loves all those, except Doctor Who. She also loves Keeping Up Appearances and anything Monty Python. She even likes Black Adfer, which I hate.

Some of your guys' foods look delicious, too, like beef Wellington and Shepherds Pie.

British and American contemporary popular music has been the gold standard since the recording mediums invention. We invented the concept of the teenager and modern mass media culture had it's first boom.

every american I met was the most uneducated common sense lacking ignorant individua,l I was stunned to be told we are the same species

black adder mate

Black Adder*
Really, Google? You're just going to let "Adfer" go like it's a legitimate word? Whatever.

The Americans are a beautiful, smart race. Now, does anyone know anything about any launch codes?

Hello mohammed how goes it

C'mon man Black Adder series2/3/4 are beyond solid comedy genius. You might struggle with the language if you're an american but persevere good sir! Rowan Atkinson and Ben Elton really were at the height of their comedic powers when they peened the frightfully witty yet never overtly high brow comedy series.

Served on a coalition base in Afghanistan and was next to British forces. We would spend a lot of downtime conversing, play cards and just decompressing. They made the deployment 100x better. Some very cool people.

There's a lot worse than America

Do all American develop a generic armed forces accent the way they do in the UK? All Uk soldiers speak this abrupt non area specific accent that only comes from the army, air force, navy.

I fucking love Keeping Up Appearances. It's basically a documentary about my family

You never had Shepheard's Pie man? Get a recipe and get it cooked

You britbongs make some good beer...love me some Sam Smiths

/51676642
/american soldiers

OP is a fag.

I like english comedies, the sexy accent and the traditional English breakfast is deeply satisfying

on a side note could you give me some recommendations for english shows? i have who's line is it anyway, black books, black adder, red dwarf, i claudius and a lion in winter off the top of my head

Honestlynitndepends on the area they serve in. My last duty station was in Georgia so I picked up a south drawl, I didn't notice until I got back home to Wisconsin and everybody made fun of my new accent

this
season one is a little....slow
but the last three seasons are fucking hysterical,

Honestly it depends*

I hear this a lot. Which accent though? The posh one? Because I sound like Jon Snow and get the impression this might not be as sexy.. Blackadder and Black Books are god tier btw.

I assume that was to me and you tagged the wrong post. I'd love to try it. Maybe I can convince the wife to make some.
From what I HAVE watched, it just didn't seem to be my style of comedy. To be fair; I've never been a very big fan of Rowan. I thought Mr. Beans was stupid. Only time it really made me laugh was when they taught him the American How'd and he sat atop a vehicle flipping everyone the finger.

I fucking love the Kingsman movie. Absolutely fucking spectacular

I like your silly English words.
Example: I had an English professor that used the word "Squiffy" instead of "ify" it cracked me up for some reason

Canadians are polite.
Americans don't bullshit around.
Brits have dry humor.
Aussies shitpost on a whole other level and I respect that.

Howdy*
Google is fucking us all today, man.

The Young Ones, Bottom, The Mighty Boosh, The League of Gentlemen, House of Fools, Psychoville, IT Crowd

i think the Liverpool and cockney accents are my favorite
and yes, those shows are god tier black books nearly made me piss myself the first time i watched it through

yeah it's a national secret. password1

thanks user, and nice full house

Americans made my favourite ban household names and a fuckton of cash.

America isn't ruled by bastarding tories

oddly insightful

>Brass Eye (especially the Drugs and Paedogeddon episodes, seriously one of the funniest fucking shows ever).

Prepare to fucking wet your pants.
youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU

youtube.com/watch?v=MIAJemmO-bg

Series 4 of Black Adder is probably one of the best series of a comedy ever. especially the ending.

I think the british are not subhumans and they have hands, two.

Oh my fucking gawd. I remember watching these while I was at university. Bernard Manning talking about doing "cake". Priceless.

Goddamn, I haven't seen that in years. Still fucking hilarious

band, even. fucksake.

ugh, Liverpool has to be the least sexy accent on the planet. I'd even take shouty niggers over Scousers.

I like the Brits food. It makes me appreciate American food more.

What you like scouse accents?
The rest of England doesn't like scouse accents

Anglosphere unite!

Americunts have the second greatest country on the planet, behind Great Britain of course.

a shining example of that dry English humor

The rest of England are products of incest. Gg ez

When Brexit comes to pass, we should sail the British Isles next to Florida and be the 51st state

Get rid of the niggers and America es numbah wan.

If it wasn't for Britains shit military we wouldn't have the US, so thank you for that

Okay, I'll bite.
I really enjoy British humor. Are You Being Served is one of my favorite shows ever.

I approve of this idea. Primarily because I'm fed up of the drizzle.

toast of london
father ted

A fine idea, however allow me to offer a superior option. We should allow our American family join the United Kingdom. The Scottish can then feel free to fuck off.

I'm free!

>I hear you're a racist now, Father

Parking the USA where Scotland used to be would certainly strengthen our hand in the brexit negotiations.

Satan wills it

Fucking kek. One of my favourite bits.

hell no, it's cold enough in ny without being placed in the fucking arctic circle

Aside from others that have been posted.

"The Young Ones", then "Bottom" are stupidly wonderful, as are "Shooting Stars" and "The Smell Of Reeves And Mortimer"

I've never asked any, but I bet gay people today absolutely hate Mr. Humphreys. At least the SJW ones.
I'm always thinking when I watch great older shows "there's no way they could make this now".

the working class brits i've met have all been the best kind of person. would not hesitate to fight in another world war with them having my back.

but every single interaction i've had with the "posh" aristocratic type has left my blood boiling. their self-obsession is only matched by the germans.

also, yes the humor is the best in the world hands down.

i feel that way about married with children

Yeah I dunno. We seem to have a grand history of camp characters.

As a britbong, would generally agree with this. I blame the Norman invasion. We haven't been the same since.

Forgot to say, I also really love One Foot in the Grave. My local PBS station used to show that along with AYBS late at night when I was a teen. I didn't have cable, so I used to watch that on the tiny 12" TV in my room.

The Carry On films are the campiest shit that's ever camped

I was recommended those since I like AYBS so much. I enjoyed Abroad and Camping, but I didn't like Cleo much, and I turned off another, I think it was Columbus or something...

Oooh matron.
Don't get me started. I've got the lot on many-times-watched VHS.

You can't tell Victor Meldrew anything, he'll never believe it

thanks a ton britbongs, will definitely look into this
also slightly ashamed i didn't list monty python's flying circus and their films

Ah Columbus was shite. Camping and Abroad are my favourites too. As well as Behind and At Your Convenience. Basically anything with a caravan or a trip to the seaside.

I don't hate the Americans, in fact, some of my best friends are from the United States

Brits are by far the funniest people in the entire world. Their comedies are poor gold.- love, an American

>Behind and At Your Convenience
I'll try to find those. I've heard Matron was good, too. Wasn't there a horror-themed one?

Carry on Screaming is the horror one

Most of the Brits I've met are easy to have conversations with.

I think my favorite episode was the one with the cursed scorpion paperweight.
Somebody told me to try Allo Allo, and some of it was funny, but it wasn't as good as I hoped.

PMSL

I spent 6 months living and working in plymouth, UK.
Y'all brits have good work/life balance, awesome cheese and chocolate
-- pastys are awesome.
brits also complain about pretty mild weather and anything more than 30 miles away is a terrible journey.
I enjoyed it. I hope to visit again

I live in North Derbyshire and had relatives come over from America, and they went for lunch in BRISTOL while staying with us. I'd plan a week's fucking holiday around that trip. I admire your ability to deal with 30+ mile distances.

lol! thanks -- my daily commute is 40 miles, and will be driving a couple hundred for the thanksgiving holiday. While I was living in Plymouth -- I rented a car over a weekend out to Loch Lomond (wife is a MacFarlane) -- Monday morning no one believed me until they saw the pictures!

the amount of sunburn you guys get on your month-long "holiday' would leave me heading to the hospital!

>The League of Gentlemen
Fucking this. Make sure you watch all 3 seasons though. Season 3 is awesome, but doesn't make much sense if you aren't familiar with the characters.

Also recommend Spaced, Black Mirror, Monkey Dust, The Thick Of It and Nathan Barley.

Plymouth to Loch Lomond is insanity. You could get away with writing a travel book about that journey.