34. Brit. Crazy alcoholic about to go into detox. I have stories. Ask away

34. Brit. Crazy alcoholic about to go into detox. I have stories. Ask away

Nah.

do you drink because you are a Brit? i would

Why not taper off?

Nobody cares about your misery, and your narcissism wont be fueled here, fuck off to retard hospital loser.

Fuck detox. Get some opiates and come down yourself.

Good luck bro, sending love

what turned u to rehab. What kind of rehab?

Got the shakes right now?

I have been over the last month. 40 units to 10

Bitch please. Who are you?

Cheers cuz

Haha. Where you from user?

Well that's an improvement. Keep tapering down and the detox won't be that bad. Most people just do cold turkey and that shit is awful

"Get some opiates"? That your advise? Fuck me

is that per day?
20 Units a day here
Seeing the Doc on Thurs after about ten years
He gonna flip

Yeah I tried that a few times. Not a good experience at all. Fuckin hallucinations and shit.

They can give you benzos. But do NOT mix that shit w alcohol. When I have in the past, I blackout almost instantly.

In phases. At worst 40 units a day yeah. 20 still too much though man. You should try bringing that down

In Uk model seems be: taper down to a level where you not gonna freakout. Get monitored etc. Get counselling. All I've had from GP is Vit B and tryna eat healthy. Should be fine

Tell me your worst experience after waking up from being black out drunk and the aftermath that followed.

Also if you're not going to spend money on alcohol anymore may I suggest gibbing me some mons for my switch collection?

England is in the absolute shit man. There are some beautiful places and SOME good people, but if you take the good with the bad, you're going to be getting more bad, at least I did.

Been in the states as of 5 years. I really hated my north eastern accent so I adopted an American accent, sounds way cooler and people have stopped asking where I'm from.

USA, USA, USA.

Not up for that
Well. Hence that visit
Gonna see what the damage is and take it from there
I'm on a bad road I know
Good luck OP

No. I'm tapering. I've had shakes bad before. It's not nice. Heart fuckin clattering, anxiety, sweats. When really bad you hallucinate. For me sound and seeing bugs. Not good. When I was on a litre of whiskey/vodka a day for a few days I'd have that if I went cold. But I've bellcurved it down a lot now

Well I'm not OP but I live in a great area that's slowly getting more dark skins and chavy cunts so it's pretty shit, can't wait to move out of this country.

Jail

That's not really a story though my friend

Jail

Are you an alcohol???????

>jail
>that's not a story
>repeats jail

Well looks like you've severely fucked up your brain already.

Do you have scurvy?

Different person responded, same answer

Can you help me find Darkness' house?

There's loads. Woke up in hospital once and just fuckin ripped the drips out me and walked home nurses shouting after me. Get arrested a bunch of times.

One I feel worst about though is this. Went meeting my hot as fuck absolute awesome female moderate muzzie friend in Cambridge. Hammered all weekend had a good time. Old mate. Bus back to London get a connect back up North. Fell asleep in the station. No buses till morning. Was close to christmas. Thought "fuck it. I'm in London central. Plenty to see. I'll buy a bottle of voddy and walk around all night. Get back tot he station bus time". Did this. Loaded. Walking about spoke few people. Eventualy, this gal comes up me in street starts asking some shit. She seems drunk and bit tapped but nice enough. Strike up convo. Say I'm basically stranded, she says come back mine no funny business, she quite attractve if obviously mad. Seems a plan to me. Says she's got rum. Gets in her room and I kid you not, tiny room, writing all over the wall, mattress on floor. Sit down. Starts telling me how all the writing and drawings on the wall are her trying to express herself. Starts telling me how she lived in Ireland, was about to get married, in love, boyfriend died in some random act - carcrash or barfight or something. Drinking rum. Comes to London on a friend's initiative. Working in a bar down the street. This gal obviously deep stage grief.

Drinking rum. Starts getting sleepy. Start fooling around. No sex cos no condom but kissing and fondling.

Wakes up in the morning and she livid. Deseracted her grief. Asks me what her name is, I can't remember, throws me out of her grief hole. Imagne she cries for days or hurts herself. I get bus back up North thinking that was the most insidious drink chase I ever been on and probably fuck that gal up bad.

Losts of stories like that

How old you? I just got clear liver tests I'm 34

>dark skins
Pakis and Arabs weren't that bad in my town tbh, the just did their thing, most of them had money and brought business so it was good.

Chavs were just a small population of people but yeah, they caused a lot of shit, don't expect anything different in the US though mate, pretty much the same delinquent retards here, and I live in a big state.

What really pissed me off was the lack of jobs, the laws, the tax, the amount of people milking the British system for money we just don't have enough for, blatant disregard for better facilities and fun shit to do, the lack of respect for hard work in industry, education was fucking crooked too, as far as I can remember. The fucking weather mate, the constant rise of housing prices and rent rates, I could go on.

There's way more to do in the states. Going out and getting fucked up gets old and to be honest the people here are nicer too, that's a very generalised statement because I've met cunts in both countries but hey, just speaking for myself here.

Good luck too ya.

should i get drunk tonight?

Why are you stopping? Like what made you want to quit?

I'm acrively working on becoming a functioning alcoholic personally like my father and grandfather. Steady drinking vodka from 9am until bed and still being able to build/run the factory our family owns isn't easy - I keep getting too drunk too fast or not being able to pay attention or wanting to do anything productive.

Any advice?

I am the lamp man. I speak for the lamps. The lamp says no.

scotland seems nice. had a great time while i was there, minus glasgow

OP when did you realize you were a boozey?
not sure if i can consider myself one yet

This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever had the displeasure of fucking reading.

you need to find a high quality affordable drink that is good for you. i imagine you drink to avoid drinking nasty ass tap water

Scotland is England, just better.

46 in a few days and ten+ years of this
Been feeling the old liver starting to creak
Had a an episode a couple of months ago that scared me shitless
Got my attention though
Hoping it was just a warning

Yeah. Stop. Wind down and fuck it off.

Why I'm stopping? Feel unfulfilled potential. Too many crazy stories. Hurt people I like. Failed relationships. Lost jobs. Seeing my friends kicking on in life and me stagnating. Lots of reasons man.

Kicker though is doing about 5 hard cold turkeys after a hard week long session. Those comedowns are fuckin brutal and made me realise - this aint right, I'm not a casual drinker like my buddies, even if they match me on the big nights.

It'll get out of hand man. Start decreasing

When I was bout 27. Lost my shit with my GF smashed the place up. Police round with warrent next day. Was in an abusive relationship - she was violent. Started questioning why I was in a relationship with a psycho and had no money and a shit job. Ding ding ding. Bad decisions goin from drink to drink. Been trying to beat it since tbh

I'd say need start looking out for yourself bro. If you doin 20 units a day that too much. PLus age - no offence. It not gonna kill yu quick but your a 60s death at that rate IMO. Overweight? Stressed? Wont help. Still. 20 isn't sustainable into the Autumn years

What are you: Yank?

If you're not a functional alcoholic, you're not going to become one.

And functional alcoholic doesn't mean everything is great, it means you're at least doing enough to get by in life without fucking everything up too badly most of the time. I could get by being drunk all the time but it was most likely going to cause greater issues eventually. It was also incredibly demotivating and I didn't at all live up to my potential during my last years of college. If you can't function properly then you need to drink less or quit. Or just wait until you get home, at least.

I'm not OP, just to be clear.

Stopped drinking 6 months ago. Life is getting better. Still gonna be shit that happens, but it's a helluva lot easier to deal with when you've got a clear head. Just my $.02

Nice try, Satan.

Oh shit, guess I better go buy a fifth then

Godspeed user.

This is OP and that's true. I held down some good jobs but never progressed. And Extra ambitions were always quelled by dringng in the evening when I shudda been doing shit.

A functioning alcoholic is a better person running at 50%

Ok if I get trips 3 times in a row, clearly I need to go back to drinking.... Here's to hoping it doesn't happen..

would getting black out drunk once or twice a week fall under alcoholic territory?

Just buy some and drink it.

I don't think you really did anything wrong. She was clearly a fucking mess already. Desecrating her grief was a group effort. She picked up a random guy that was wandering about drinking vodka. She'd likely have picked up somebody else anyways with standards like that.

If you should feel bad about anything, it's for wandering around when your self control is seriously impaired and then interacting with people when you know you're liable to do something regrettable.

/thread

In my opinion, blacking out is the first sign of a bad habit beginning to form.

What scared you shitless?

I'm 48 into 17th year of nightly drinking (500ml-700ml) and apart from runny shits, don't really have any other problems.

Trips of DO IT

Hey OP when you fail think back to this thread

>Ask away.
Why do you think that anyone on Sup Forums gives a fuck large enough to ask you a question apart from sarcastic and ironic ones.

You're right user. I beat myself up a bit about that too much. It was just state of that fuckin room and all the writting on the wall. Felt like I fucked with someone one the edge like.

fucking hell man hahahahahaha, it could have been worse, she might have had aids or some shit. I can relate though, never wanting the drinking session to end, end up in some sticky situations at some random house. Iv been there.

Hard pass. Not worth it. I've probably spilled more alcohol than most people should have in a lifetime. I'm moving on from that part of my life.

Press F to pat respects

500-700 hard spirits? Fair but that user. Not to be dismissed

alcohol is the most dangerous drug ive ever had

Yea, hard liquor usually vodka. I start drinking about 6 and black out around 8. I've left questions to my blackout out self like "what time are you going to bed" and it's usually 12 or 1, and "how buzzed are you" and it's usually "light-moderate." Weird how that works and I remember nothing.

Pft. Always. Plenty like that stories. Went out once woke up in another city. Got train to Uni town my mate was in so I could drink whiskey next day. Turned up at his door 5 in the morning. He loved it like - was till partying - but fuck me, I only went out for a few pints

Post failed
Tl;dr instead
Got a kid and old lady and I made a promise. My Dad died when I was seven my boy is nine I don't want that for them. So I get ya, cheers
I'm a britfag btw
I thought my pancreas was leaving the party early

that is the worst been thru it so many times
i quit drinking for like 3 months and now limit myself to just a few beers and it turns out okay maybe the next day a little anxiety
waking up in jail sucks it is the worst panic as you come to your senses trying to recall what happened or what you did

it always starts with a few pints. always.

Mate, 2 hours is no time to be shifting 700ml of voddy. That's binging pretty hard. You're drinking too quick.

Here's what I'd do. Brit? Yank? Other? Get 8 cans of lager in good strength 5%. Stretch your drinking out over 4/5 hours or so. Leave yourself a nice quad voddy+mixer as a nightcap.

You shunt be drinking hard that quick

No, I just black out after two hours but continue drinking until I go to bed. Blackout = don't remember anything, pass out = asleep/unconscious

Get on top of it then man. You not too old. Doubt you done damage but coud be wrong. Worry is a thing though. You can turn that shit around man.

Worse being a Britfag. All Britfags drink like fuckin monsters

i had been trying not to drink i had went a few days but all this talk made me pop open a 16oz rolling rock lol

Get steaming.

I've had containment on it for a while. It used to worse before the boy.
But , yeah I need to turn it around

Ah, I get you. So halfway down the bottle you pissed as fuck. Then in that malise state of drinking till sleep.

It's too much. And, if you got a palate for hard stuff you can do it quick. 700 ml of vodka is 28 units. I'd change your drink to lager. Get same amount - bout 12 cans - but by proxy of volume you'll drink slower. And it's harder. You'll naturally drink less.

What you're doing is like a big hit. Drinking hard quick for the big "ahhhh" when the alco hits the blood. That's like junkie shit that. Only gonna go one way fam.

i only drink about one weekend a month and only with my best friend and roommate. When we do though we fuck whores and do coke and crack too

So you seasoned heavy drinker but toned it once nipper came along?

You know what you need to do man. Start shaving t down to a level not gonna put you in an early grave or cut it out all together.

That's not a problem then. Not good like but not a problem. Thought you were shifting 500-700ml a day?

im a different user sorry for the confusion
americunt here i used to drink about that much of hard liquor but i dumbed down to beer and 8% lagers and stuff like that....not that i think im better or anything but it scratches the itch just enough that i dont go on week long benders

>So you seasoned heavy drinker but toned it once nipper came along?
Long and short, yes
>You know what you need to do man. Start shaving t down to a level not gonna put you in an early grave or cut it out all together.
Have tried but it keeps creeping back on me. Gonna need a little help on this

What happened in Glasgow? Or did you mean you didn’t go there?

Either way, it’s a utter shithole in my opinion. Detest their ‘culture’

Listen. Go AA. Even if it just a meeting or two. Its an eye opener. Listening to people who are full-fucked on drink puts it in perspective man. It's not an admssion of being fucked goin and you dont have to talk. Just listen to that shit.

I was able to drink moderately for years if I just stuck to beer. But liquor catches up to you too quick.

Should have never gone back to that

What's wrong with the Jocks?

I know a few Jocks, they good inbred cunts

CHEERS!!!

Liqour is a cunt. When you got tolerance and a palate you can shift fuckin 8 units every 15 minutes with a mixer. You might as well be doing a class A at that

I hear ya man
I'm the one going to the doc Thursday
I used to manage a pub and I know all about that shit first hand
Thanks though
It's my health that is my priority right now
>Kid, Missus, Pancreas shitting the bed Yada Yada

wtf is a class "A"? here in the USA it usually refers to a prerolled filtered cigarette that comes in packs of 20

nothing in particular, just wasnt a fan of anyone i met, not that i could understand half of them

highlands are beautiful though

Here in the UK all drugs are under class C B or A.
Class C is for things like Valium.

B for weed and speed

A is for cocaine and heroin etc

Obviously if you're caught for a class A drug, the punishment will be more than for a class C

Sorry. Britfag. In the Uk we have grading system for illegal drugs to determine what level of criminalisation they are. Class As are like heroin, meth, coke, crack.

thanks for breaking that down for me i was pretty sure it was somehting like that
here we do them in schedules(but roman numerals)

Don't worry too much man. Eat better food cut down exercise a bit.

You'll be here for the long haul

3 months man. Keep it up. Congrats