Is youtube making the screen blank for anyone else because you have an adblock on? Is it just certain channels...

Is youtube making the screen blank for anyone else because you have an adblock on? Is it just certain channels? Am I just imagining things? wat is going on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ish8NBunrQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've noticed this over the last couple days. It might not be youtube doing it but just certain channels. I even googled it and I didn't find anything. Are they like testing it out in my area around Minneapolis or something?

certain channels, specifically anything owned by a big corporation or broadcasting company

honestly if they had that ability why did it take them so long to do it?

Use uBlock nub

I had ublock for a while but from what i remember it just ended up blocking everything and was more trouble than it was worth.

Don't you want to block all ads? Also its updated, I get 0 problems with it and it has a low memory footprint.

when was it last updated? When i had it it didn't just block ads, it was like everything. Every site I'd go to I'd spend like 30 seconds deciding what I wanted to hide and what I wanted to keep. I think i deleted it within the last 6 months, at most a year.

Get uBlock Origin, I've never had to tell it to block anything and get 0 ads on YouTube etc.

AdBlock and other blocking programs/add ons make their money by updating the program to actually work. If the screen is black, then eventually they'll update it to make it not like that anymore.

I'm surprised they're even trying to prevent you from viewing videos is Adblock is active. It seems like too much work to just have it breached in a couple of days. It's like Apple coming out with a newer securer phone, only to have it cracked that same day upon release. Frivolous.

Have you purchased the full Youtube package from your ISP?

I'm like 95% sure I had uBlock Origin when it was blocking everything.

>I'm surprised they're even trying to prevent you from viewing videos is Adblock is active. It seems like too much work to just have it breached in a couple of days. It's like Apple coming out with a newer securer phone, only to have it cracked that same day upon release. Frivolous.

Now that I've done some more "research" it's only big companies channels that are blanking this shit out. I haven't looked around too much, but I know for a fact that NBC is doing it. I was at work bored out of my mind searching for Parks and rec clips and everyone had a blank screen

i thought my computer was just fucking up

Just did a test to make sure it's still happening and yup it's still blank for me

youtube.com/watch?v=Ish8NBunrQU

Use uMatrix instead. You make your own blocklists that can change as the content of the site does.

I can view this. uMatrix

Some channels. You have to keep turning AdBlock off, refreshing, turning it back on and refreshing again. Eventually it stops doing that.

They'll spend however much money they're spending on this, after a short while all the ad blockers will find a way around it, repeat.

I was running a channel that got 10-20k views per video and I refused to play ads on the videos. YouTube automatically added them and I can't turn them off or profit from them. Fuck JewTube.

its working fine here, umatrix and ublock origin installed

fuck. How many adblock programs am I going to have to go through. Does this uMatrix block everything like uBlock did?

Instead of trying to find a way to make ads less annoying, companies are just forcing people to watch overlay ads.

Twitch broke AdBlock so that their ads play regardless somehow. So people invented the extension Twitch 5.

Overlay ads are the only reason these programs exist in the first place. Stupid fucking intrusive ads. I just want to watch a video of HowToBasic destroying hundreds of dollars in food, I don't want to buy a stupid fucking Nissan.

It blocks all iframes and everything not first-party by default. You add exceptions in a neat little (wait for it) matrix. Except for first party and all, the deep red and green squares are exceptions I explicitly set.

I've noticed a lot of sites popping up a fake adblock warning overlay claiming that "whoops, something prevented the page from loading, hurr durr", mostly pleb-tier bloggish news sites. Turning javascript completely off for those sites seems to stop it. Wouldn't work with Twitch though. Maybe uMatrix can block just the shitty ad stuff.

mmmm. I'm exited to try out your virus.well here I go

Same author as uBlock and uBlock Origin. It's probably legit.

Addblock here and it's working fine for me, but im not on firefox latest update, im still on 56.0.2 don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Maybe it's because I'm using firefox?

LMAO

this Umatrix thing literally makes Youtube unusable for me. .Even adblock was better than this. I can't even get the audio now. WTF is going on!

still works for me

youtube works fine for me, audio and all