No offense, but if your language doesn't have any letters besides ones existing in English alphabet...

No offense, but if your language doesn't have any letters besides ones existing in English alphabet, this language is not real.

Other urls found in this thread:

ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Phew, saved by the Ç

But that's true for the Russian latin alphabet though. It reads like a Slavic language seen through German eyes.

> á ã â
Don't worry, you're safe.

gôtt.

>putting arbitrary dots/lines/squiggles through/under/above letters

Why are continentals such fucking savages, Sup Forums?

Say no more f-ã-m.

because they understand how phonetics work. one letter = one sound or one letter = different sounds, but strictly in certain positions are superior to "lol guess how it's pronounced" and that's a fact.

ä, ö

In a perfect world we would also have ŋ, but ng is used instead.

ËëË

Vietnamese literally looks like you randomly add diacritical marks to letters so they look a̹̙͢ ́ę͉̼ ͇͎͖̭̖ͅs̳͠ͅ ̨̗̮͔͓͕̻̳t̶̟ ͚̝̤̱̳̱ͅh̸͎ ͍̫͖̪̞͉e̞̩̟͍̘͚̬ ̷̹̟̜̦͓t̢̟͇̩ ̣̠͜i̺͠ ̠̰̙̟̱c̗̘̰̱̭͚̘ but it sounds nice to me

Naïve
What do I win

>english alphabet

no, you stole it from Ukrainian language, burger.
btw one of the few things I like more in burger english than in toast sandwich English is how you pronounce "can't". it's "can t" not "cunt"

> latin alphabet
> having alphabet in the first place
t. tried to learn chinese but said "fuck it" and gave up

> ъ
which isn't just an indicator like in r*ssian but also has its own sound. good job

It's actually pretty phonetic lol, plus some of our words look like this in IPA: s̪ɜwŋ͡m˧ˀ˦

Or the word Nguyễn itself: ŋwiɜn˦ˀ˥

in fact i understand that all these dots and stuff are tones, but it still looks like Zalgo
also i must learn how to read in IPA but i'm too lazy

True

éstóý dé ácúérdó
ñ.ñ

indeed, Hans, arabic alphabet is superior to filthy latin.

Saved by Å Ä Ö.

ă î ș ț â
goodpost

>having dots, lines or whatever crap over/under letters
>good

> he doesn't have Æ

dont you have a g and k with things on top

should i learn basic phrases if i want to go to Romania this summer? tell me about Romanian in one sentence

>No offense, but if your language doesn't have any letters besides ones existing in English alphabet

>looks like ş
>but it's actually ș
But how does it sound like?

Pingüino

pronounced as sh
Just learn please, thank you, and hello. You should be fine if you speak english with normal young people.
Those words are, in order, "te rog", " mulțumesc" (pronounced multsumesc) and "salut".
Basically, if you want to know your way around, you'll most likely be better off speaking good english rather than broken romanian

weird ass language desu, Latin but sounds Slavic. you will understand some Italian and Spanish but also probably know when a Russian is talking shit about you

yeah it's definitely a good idea to learn some basic phrases but if you're visiting major cities like Bucharest, Cluj or Timisoara you'll be perfectly fine with English

sh

>foreigners
>able to pronounce þ

heh, faggots

bumb with oc

Middle Vietnamese used to have ð, so i think i can pronounce θ easily.

> has unique sounds appearing only in english and icelandic
> doesn't have separate letters for them
ðis þo

that's why you're our greatest allies

blame France, quite literally. they hated runes with a passion and eradicated them after 1066

is it france who fucked up your pronunciation?

Spaniards still use þ, that's why the rest of Hispanics mock their "lisp"
>Rumans literally beg instead of asking

ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Bильгeльм_I_Зaвoeвaтeль

Yup, English used to have consistent pronunciation before it transformed into Middle English. And Middle English began about a generation or two after the invasion.

What did he mean by this

Isn't tviordy znak like a glottal stop in Russian? Like Arabic 'ayn?

>Encyclopædia Britannica
>amœba

Do ligatures count?

English also absorbed the French word "mélange" in the 17th century. I recently used it in a publication that was approved, so it must still be in use today.

One last thing: You don't judge a language's worth by its syntax or morphology; you judge it by its influence in modern society. "Bad" languages will die out by themselves.

>his language doesn't have its own ancient language-specific writing system

Ç İ ı Ü Ö Ş Ğ