He uses a soft c in latin

>he uses a soft c in latin

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e8NbVrMGrh8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So is centurion "kenturion" and is Lucius "Lukius"?

classically yes

Yes you fucking idiot that's the first thing they tell you in Latin 1 oratory

hey dont be rude he's trying to learn

Also all v's are pronounced as w's, Veni vidi vici is pronounced Weni widi wiki

>he uses a C instead of a K or an S

lmao whats the difference in v and w pronunciation

very patrician

'Vini' is exactly the same as 'Wini', I don't know what the yank is about

>Boston Seltics

In English v and w are pronounced differently, but I thought europoors knew this

Here is some video of a porky woman to assist you
youtube.com/watch?v=e8NbVrMGrh8

>t. Vernher Veiss

it sounds fucking same

but veni vedi vici is not pronounced weni wedi wici, it's pronounced with a sharp v.

No you just can't hear the difference because you're used to a different phonology

Incorrect. 'W' as in 'why' or 'wheel': weni widi wiki

no

>it's pronounced with a sharp v
nope

Yes. I'm sorry but you're wrong: 'v' and 'w' in English sound worlds apart

do water and butter sound the same to you?

w and v are different in English.
They arent very different, and ancient Romans from Hispania couldnt tell the difference between bibere (with the b of book) and vivere (which would be pronunced wiwere with the w of English)

That is why the roman v which originally sounded like the W of English changed to how it is currently pronounced in all romance languages (either the b of book or the v of victory)

the roman v originally was more like a semivowel than a consonent, like making a u dipthong

also, some Spanish speakers say Weno instead of Bueno, shows you how B and W can still be confused.

V is like the composer Wagner.

W is like Washington.

Vine is something grapes grow on, wine is what you turn those grapes into, though I'm sure those two words are etymologically related.

>I vant to put my dick in your wagina
>you hawe a puffy wulwa

>ueni uidi uiki

I dont understand the people who defend classical pronounciation.
It is pretty much pronounciation of the republic instead of the empire, and in romance languages we say Vita, Vida, Vie, not Wita, Wida, Wie.
Why should we keep something everybody naturally dropped? if it was dropped it was not good.

It's about authenticity. Also, much like in biological evolution, changes to a language over time are not 'good' or 'bad': they are simply the net result of natural forces acting upon variation. Something being dropped does not necessarily make it any less valuable than something retained.

SHART