Nordcucks

Which one is better?

Viking or Mongol

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Finns
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Constantinople_(860)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grobiņa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillage_of_Sigtuna
familytreedna.com/public/rurikid/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrey_Gagarin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxolani
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Finns

Russian warriors destroyed both.

>traditionally pursued slash-and-burn agriculture, a method used for turning forests into farmlands
True Anglos in denial

Vikhangz are trash
ViKINGS are superior

wrong
the islands of estonia should be vikang/khan mix
t. we got crusaded in the 13th century because of them

t. Celt pretending to be a pure blooded Anglo

Khanz obviously

It's time for conquest, my brethren

>swedes
>vikings

(You)

Swedes, Geats and Gutes. Remind me again what your tribe was called?

My ancestors :)

t. part forest Finn

It was a joke you mongoloid

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Finns
>Languages: Norwegian, Swedish
>formerly Finnish

It didn't make me laugh

they are all mongols but in denial because of memes about pure aryans.

I know this is bait but i will disprove it anyway
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Constantinople_(860)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grobiņa

Also, Gardar Svavarson was the first norse man to live in Iceland;-)

Careful now. Please be respectful of Finnish genetics and culture.

We'll leave the rest of east-Asia for you, Tanaka

>sweden
>viking

pick one

oh just the usual swedish history forgery

Funny how fag lil norweigans think that they had better vikings when all of the heroes came from sweden xD
L2rbeowulf u lill fags

(You)
You're jealous of our history;-)

>m.wikipedia

The second wikipedia article even has archelogical evidence

>thread about Nordics vs Finns
>it almost instantly turns into Swedes and Norwegians denying eachother being Vikings

Why are Norwegians always so butthurt about Swedes being vikings? Is it because they have so little history of their own that the notion of sharing the one thing they have with us becomes so unthinkable?

Regardless, norrbaggar, there are more rune stones in Sweden depicting Viking exploits than there are in Norway.

There is no contest.

>stayed there for a winter
>"first norse man to live in iceland"

this
no one can beat a fucking russian

it doesnt matter who were the vikings because they were pussies. vikangs never settled on finnish coast because they feared the shaman and knew that the finn knew no mercy towards norseman

braise Ukko :DD

lmao fucking white people caring about their ancestors an shit.

yeah i bet you dont even know your dad

I wouldn't say that

>vikings beat mogols at sea battle
>mogols beat vikings on land
bullshit map though finns=/=full mogol

Savage.

>norse

meant norwegian in the old days you fucking imbesil

Yes we're one of the "whitest" nations in world

rurik was a finn

>We wuz norse and shit
No, it was one of many words collectively describing people from scandinavia
He was a mix between kven and norse. His mother language was norse

so?

Because finns lost every war against Russia

>He wasn't a finn, he was a kven
>He wasn't even fully kven
>He spoke norse and lived with norse costums
You taking pride in Rurik is really stretching it

Yet here we stand, independent. Must really grind your gears eh?

Swedish vikings conquered large slavic tribes (all those slavs agreeing voluntarily to be ruled by swedes is obviously a myth)

Protip
>kvens are ethnically finns

Then those other 2 points still apply

Protip
>Languages
Kven/Finnish, Norwegian

Love this crazy Sup Forums meme.

Brotip coastal Balts and Finns were also "vikings" (hey guess what it's a profession meaning basically, not an ethnicity).

tru dat

Varangian conquest was probably just a myth. Not a single Rurikid has Germanic Y-DNA, just Finnic or Slavic.

Swedish Vikings settled in Runö, Saarema and Aiboland. It's possible that these "Estonian" Vikings were really just Swedes

This.

Karelians destroyed your capital, so Finnics obviously knew seafaring.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillage_of_Sigtuna

Do you have any evidence that the Varangians founded the Kievan Rus? Remember, we know that Swedish Vikings travelled down the Volga and settled all over Russia. It seems likely they played a part in uniting all the Slavic and Finnic tribes there. If Rurik's descendants didn't have Germanic DNA (how would you even know this?) it's probably because they mixed with locals as generations went on

no they lived in huts made of pinecones and shit and ate berries.
t. caj göran cuckström

protip
>rurik was a finn

>1187
After the Viking age ended and we had become christian. By then we'd have plenty of time to settle the eastern lands. No doubt Finns learned seafaring from us

The Romans described you as an incredibly simple people that slept on dirt and only had tools made from bone. Any technology you had during the Viking age and Middle Ages would've come from us or the Russians

yeah cos only swedes invented boats

Have archeologists ever found any Finnish boats from the dark ages? Because they've found Scandinavians boats.

Just saying.

>. If Rurik's descendants didn't have Germanic DNA (how would you even know this?)
You're really new to this site aren't you?

>it's probably because they mixed with locals as generations went on
Rurik's ydna is Finnish, meaning his paternal lineage is Finnish.

familytreedna.com/public/rurikid/

Vikings in Russia did leave Germanic Y-DNA (I1-types in particular) along the Volga route. But it isn't found in Russian old nobility (and dozens have tested).

Protip
>Fenni seems to have been a form of the proto-Germanic word *fanþian-, denoting "wanderers" or "hunting folk".
>This description is of a lifestyle much more primitive than that of the medieval Sami, who were pastoralists living off herds of reindeer and inhabiting sophisticated tents of deer-hide. But the archaeological evidence suggests that the proto-Sami and Proto-Finns had a lifestyle more akin to Tacitus' description.

>implying that nerd even came here and just wrote what he heard from some pleb scout

How about this: Rurik was a Finn that was taken as a thrall at a young age and then raised a Viking

OR Rurik was some random Finnic chieftan in the area and made himself king and pretended to be a Viking to gain credibility because there were already a bunch of Viking kings in Russia

Are you claiming rurik spoke norwegian? Are you trolling or just retarded?

The Baltic ruling family of Geminids and Rurik had a common ancestor " 2200 years back" meaning they were probably all from ancient families of chiefs in that region.

Finnics >>>>>>>>>>>>> Vikangs, wh*tes

Tbh he could have lived in Svealand and his ancestors been germanized 1000 years before he went to Russia but it's fun to meme.

We're better than your country at hockey;-)

Protip
>Moving on the water has been important for many thousands of years to Finnish ancestors. Waterways have always been part of the Finno-Ugric life. The location of the Finnish-Ugrian languages is controversial, but with certainty at least the speakers of the Cantonese language form were firmly in the sea and also moved by the sea. Baltic Finns developed in the Baltic Sea, and they also knew early in the White Sea. The Sámi have been in contact with the Arctic Ocean and the Norwegian Sea.

>The waterways have been through history, up to the 19th century, the most important transport route in Finland and many other parts of the Baltic Sea.

WE WUZ BYZANTINES N SHIET

No he spoke old norse, not some modern cuck shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotland

>A DNA study conducted on the 5,000-year-old skeletal remains of three Middle Neolithic seal hunters from Gotland showed that they were related to modern-day Finns

What im really claiming is that kvens were finns and thats a fact.

The point being that Finns obviously had to sail to Gotland. And they did so atleast 5000 years ago

it wouldn't be much of surprise since finnics have been on these shores for like 10000 years...

not we wuzing, but come on, 5000 years to build a ship and sail to götland? i would imagine this is very likely

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrey_Gagarin
>The princes Gagarin are a cadet line of the House of Rurik. They are descendants of Yaroslav I the Wise, himself a son of Vladimir the Great also known as St Vladimir, the Christianiser of Russia, and his wife Ingegerd Olofsdotter, daughter of the Swedish king Olof Skötkonung.
N1c1'D

She got FINN'D

Rurik probably never existed and Varangian conquest probably never happened, since the Primary Chronicle was written 300 years after his alleged death.

i'm reading olaf tryggvason's saga and he was captured by estonian vikings as a child when his mother tried to hide him in russia. the estonians treated him as their own so thanks for that

So what's the final verdict? Did the Kievan Rus unite itself or was it Vikings?

rurik itself is a norse name you wewuzzing finngols, fucking snorri sturlasson mentions petty-kings in norway called rurik, with different variations (rorek for example)

helgi of holmgard too was pretty important, same with askold/ dir, not just rurik

Yeshua is a Hebrew name. It doesn't imply the character Jesus was real.

so? People in norway name their sons frodo,bilbo and mohammed.

Swedes weren't vikings. It was Danes and Norwegians (who are also Danes).

ebin mene

i just came here to post this i don't actually know anything about rurik or haplomemes but i find this entertaining lmao

it means, as his name suggests, that he came from a norse dominated area. the origin of the rus', roslagen, is a pretty good candidate for his place of origin, because it's here most norse varangians came from. that's how russia got its fucking name, and thats why finngols call sweden "ruotsi", because of the rus'.

haplomemes means jackshit, because it only implies some of his ancestors were finngols. william the conqueror descended directly from a dane/ norwegian, does it make him a dane/ norwegian?

Swedes are sl*vs

does a somalian become ethnically scandi when he lands there?

a few adjustments, preben

>People in norway name their sons frodo,bilbo and mohammed.

>haplomemes means jackshit
Genetics mean more than a chronicle written 300 years after the fact. Give you head a shake.

>you head
your* head

Not so fast

Have some fodder for linguistic speculation:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxolani