Weekend Box Office: Madea's Halloween #1 over Jack Reacher

usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/10/23/box-office-madea-halloween-jack-reacher-never-go-back-keeping-up-with-the-joneses/92470468/

>Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween bested Tom Cruise's latest action film, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, topping the weekend with $27.6 million. The Jack Reacher sequel earned $23 million.

>"The star power of Madea and Tyler Perry is undeniable," says Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst for comScore. "It's perfectly timed and perfectly themed and it just paid off. Tom Cruise is used to being No. 1, but in this case, Madea was a very formidable competitor."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRfDgnapUAw
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ffl_CF-VQ
avclub.com/article/tyler-perry-wants-make-madea-movie-about-police-br-244679
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How the mighty have fallen.

>still making Medea shit
Damn

What do black people see in these fucking movies. I tried watching one, the Christmas one. It was total shit.

definitely bad timing on Jack Reacher's part.

The average movie goer will pick any thing vaguely halloween/horror related this close to the day. A fairly adequate but standard action romp has no place in the spookiest time of the year.

The average movie goer does not watch that Madea bullshit.

It was bad timing this movie and it was bad timing the last one.

When is a good time for it?

I was dragged to this Friday, had no idea there were a ton of Youtube "stars" in this one, I'm assuming that's what saved the box office.

No, there are actually people who love Tyler Perry's work and go sees his movies. Most of them have been following him since he started making plays.

Madea movies always do well. They're not blockbusters but they're cheap as fuck to make; Halloween cost $20m.

The downside is that they don't make money outside of the US, but since they're cheap that's not really a problem.

hell, I didn't even know Jack Reacharound was out

do tyler perry movies get international releases?

Is north america the worst box office market?

>Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween
so are these movies for children or something?

imagine if they made a horror movie with Madea as the serial killer. I'd see that shit opening night

I'm surprised they don't do more in international markets, I thought they still enjoyed minstrel shows abroad.

>Medea
It's really rare that something popular culture just slips by without me even ever having heard of it, but this is one of those times. I literally actually have no idea what any of this is

So, do every single black person go to these movies? How do you explain those numbers?

It also has Bella Thorne in a sexy maid outfit

They don't get a lot of promotion outside of shows and magazines aimed at black demographics, but they are amazingly popular among those demographics.

Ah, it's a black thing, gotcha. I'm in whitey central up here in Washington

Wow it must suck bring Tyler Perry and being a meme this fucking long

Why do black people keep doing it?

Why are they trying to make a black Ernest?

Ernest was perfectly fine and this black knock off sucks with no appeal across demographics.

Yeah sucks so much. He will just have to rely upon his millions of dollars and hot white girls to be there for him.

Time to watch the Boondocks episode on Tyler Perry again
>and hot white girls to be there for him.
Dude he's gay as fuck

>what do niggers see in shit?
>I tried to watch nigger shit
>it was shit
How are you suprised?

Richest black actors:

#1: Tyler Perry Net Worth – $400 Million
#2: Bill Cosby Net Worth – $350 Million
#3: Will Smith Net Worth – $200 Million
#4: Samuel L. Jackson Net Worth – $150 Million
#5: Denzel Washington Net Worth – $140 Million
#6: Martin Lawrence Net Worth – $110 Million
#7: Ice Cube Net Worth – $100 Million
#8: Morgan Freeman Net Worth – $90 Million
#9: Jamie Foxx Net Worth – $85 Million
#10: LL Cool J Net Worth – $80 Million

I guess Oprah doesn't count.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRfDgnapUAw

if that was the case the film would make over 100 million, you underestimate how many blacks are in the US

youtube.com/watch?v=09Ffl_CF-VQ

Tyler Perry is the Adam Sandler of the black community

Name one Tyler Perry movie besides Diary of a Mad Black Woman that shares that plot. I'll wait.

Nate Parker must be booty blasted.

Damn I didn't know Bill Cosby was that rich

Not like it matters for him anymore since he's completely fucked

>Tyler Perry gay
You noticed that too?

I Can Do Bad All by Myself

Bill Cosby doesn't deserve the hate he gets in the media. Nothing has been proven yet.

He was accused by women, what more proof do you need? Are you calling women liars?

This guy is right, and Trump deserves the same treatment. Listen and Believe, people!

The Madea franchise is a brilliant, finely-tuned, anti-white Hollywood vehicle. Black minstrelsy at i's finest that patronizes and satirizes the studio system year after year, and people still don't realize it.

>anti-white

How so?

White women are literally always the devil

See Bella being a slut in the new one

tyler perry is truly an enigma, he keeps making those god-awful madea movies and fuck knows how this shit gets funded, fuck knows what kind of people watch this garbage, yet its somehow a successful franchise. also tyler perry was in gone girl and he's actually a fantasic actor, he smashed that role. like what the fuck man

For africans

Madea is the black Melissa McCarthey

I dont think that poster created the boondocks

literally just realised that he was the guy from gone girl. fucking hell this man is a djinn

avclub.com/article/tyler-perry-wants-make-madea-movie-about-police-br-244679
>Specifically, he says he’s been “thinking about” telling some kind of Madea story that revolves around “police brutality, and all of these people being shot by police officers.” He believes that doing something like that with the established platform he has with the Madea character would “speak volumes to what so many people can’t say.”

AHAHAHAHAHA

(fucking posted this in the wrong thread out of my need to laugh at it)

>Officer Poe Leece shoots Medea down on screen
>franchise ends in a shock note to stop brutality but it falls flat and no one cares

>americans still think a man dressed like a woman and acting goofy is god tier comedy
no wonder youre voting trump

>do tyler perry movies get international releases?
no
>Is north america the worst box office market?
tied with china

Please, please let this happen. I wish to die of laughter in a movie theatre and this should do it.

except Sandler was funny at the peak of his career.