Why are there so many Spanish speaking countries

Why didn't the territories of the former viceroyalties remain but crumble into many smaller. I get that the whole of Spanish speaking America might have been too big to govern but Brazil managed to keep everything the Portuguese owned in one country why didn't the rest do the same.
We Germans have a history of failing to unite the German speaking territories but why didn't you? Ecuador, Colombia and Venezuela even have the same National colors why don't you admit that you like each other?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Brazil
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spaniards are prone to infighting and fracturing. They just can't help fighting each other out of self-hate.

Luso people are above such things, and tend to stick together. This is further evident in the Indian Colonies, Timor Leste and Angola, all of which even have exclaves.

this
we hate ourselves
we hate each other
its the spanish spirit

i hate u desu

no you don't

So the Spanish are the Germans of Southern Europe. Seems like you have lots of Germanic blood from the times of the völkerwanderung

I don't want to be peruvian. that would be disgusting

So I should rather get myself a Brazilian gf than a Colombian gf because she will be more peaceful? I also have the impression that Brazilians have less bitter feelings for Portugal than the rest of South America for Spain. Not that they really hate Spain but they say more mean stuff

My country alone as a federation is already struggling enough to stay united, I can't see how It would work with a latin american union

What is wrong with Peru? A Peruvian said you still have some kind of rivalry because of the War of the Pacific? That was more than 100 years ago. Why not get along?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Brazil

We crushed with violence every separatist movement since 1822. Simple as that.

WE WUZ
fun fact: a lot of the visigoths and visigoth supporters were simple farmers with no will to sack roman cities. they just wanted to get rid of roman taxation.

but Perú is trying its best

they are super dirty and mostly don't wash their teeth

Which parts want to be independent? Germany also struggled especially since WW1 but we still stick together although Bavaria hates on the rest because they have to give money because of solidarity between the federal states. Baden-Württemberg are Bavaria are the only 2 of 16 states that give money while 14 take. The rest of Germany doesn't make enough money

I actually have a lot of respect for Peru.
Their people are cute little unassuming indian folk.

So the legendary Spanish temperament is just disguised Furor Teutonicus.

>literally farmers took over german economy
how the fuck Bavaria

But not people living in cities? The Peruvians I know who came from Lima or Ayacucho have good hygiene

There really isn't much of a separatist movement nowadays. Those happened during the 19th century. Specially in the south and northeast.

Because theynwere french agents to weaken Iberian America

he is lying

How many Oberian rwced people were exterminated and made into dpics in latin america die to seperatism? Learn diffrtrnce between Iberian and latino

Yeah, we've kept generally good relations and even the Brazilian independence was fairly bloodless, relatively speaking.

Portugal and Brazil as countries do not really much interact, but unless we're talking about favelados, individual Brazilians and individual Portuguese would not hesitate to help each other out when we meet each other, and most conversations are about the language and how weird the other one sounds to each other.

Favelados aside, Brazilians are very easy going and so are Portuguese so long as no flamboyancy/loudness lines are crosses.

This is helped by the fact that there is a lot of immigration between both countries, since we're the only ones that share a language so that even less educated people can travel between.

good question. In the beginning of the German Reich Berlin and the Ruhr area were the most inportant industrial centers. Other cities were kinda important too and Bavaria had some important scientists and engineers (Linde invented refrigeration machines to keep Bavarian beer cold) but as you pointed out they were mostlyfarmers and after WW2 everything was destroyed, Silesia gone, Berlin devided and West Germany relied on steel and coal from the Ruhr area and Bavarian farmers got money from North Rhine-Westphalia. But now German coal is unimportant and Bavaria used the investments while some companies like Siemens which used to be in Berlin went to Munich because Soviets and this is what we have now

I really don't this being any different even with favelados. As you said, there was very little conflict during the indepence "war", it was a long and gradual process and i think that's the reason there's close to none resentment

Yeah, but some favelados would kill their own mother just to prove their reputation, so I'm already giving the rest of you guys a discount.

I know the memes of the uneducated Brazilian, and there is a fair few of you (you know, it's a large country with tons of inequality), but the civilised ones are really nice and smart chaps, in my experience.

>Ecuador, Colombia and Venezuela even have the same National colors why don't you admit that you like each other?
b-but we do. It's just our governments trying to form rivalries out of nowhere

>It's just our governments trying to form rivalries out of nowhere
how so?

same reason why there are many English speaking or French speaking countries. because these Colonial empires were very big. But there aren't that many after all... pretty much all Spanish speaking countries are among the largest countries on Earth, except the small Central American ones, and the Guays. Each one of them is already too big a diverse. Making them even bigger would make things worse.

Ecuador Colombia or Venezuela have been independent countries for 2 centuries, too different political history, economic system, etc.

Venezuelan government is radilcal left, ecuador is left though not as radical, Colombia and Panama are center right. So our governments are constantly throwing shit at each other based on political ideologies

I get what you mean. But, not to keep pressing the same key, and you definitely have a point with saying that needless violence happens very frequently in comparison to other (european) countries. However, favelas are really mostly not as bad as one would think. It's just simple people trying to get by. Violence is really, to discard the effect that the war on drugs has on it, a socio-economic issue and that's very evident when you compare favelas in richer regions regions of the country to poorer ones.

>Colombia center right
And I thought you were also kind of leftish and about social equality and stuff

no lad, we're among the most unequal cunts on earth. Google Gini index for a glimpse

>Ecuador Colombia or Venezuela have been independent countries for 2 centuries
I can see why it would be hard to get them together now but they were one in times of New Granada. What was the reason there are 3 now? Did different national feelings exist back then?

the three were separate territories for most of the Colonial era.

Well Ecuador isn't that much better for being leftist... but you aren't predatory capitalists like the Americans?

I consider Spain my nation and Spain my State.

It's not that we hate each other, we are too big and too poor, we need to be smaller to even have a chance of solving our social problems. That being said, I specifically love Colombians and Chileans. Brazilians too, if we are into Latinamerican love in general.

el gusANO

I dont understand why Ecuador would be closer to Colombia than to Peru.
They are Quechua natives in the Andes, it was a part of the Inca Empire. When the Spanish arrived there was a civil war between Atahualpa in Quito and Huascar in Cuzco.

Argentina Paraguay Uruguay should be 1 country
Peru Bolivia Ecuador should be one country
Colombia Venezuela and Panama should be 1 country

imo

É justo, e sei que tens razão. Suponho que só não quisesse defender favelados contra os memelords daqui, e ser spamado com caldos de símio e afins.

A situação no Brasil consegue ser dura, mas é bem sabido deste lado que ainda aí há muito pelo que valha a pena lutar, e o mundo lusófono só teria a ganhar com isso.

we're just as bad as americans in that regard. The issue is that we're poor as fuck in comparison

I dont recognize the state of cuba.

All are mierdas and deserve to die out.

Fuck, I almost forgot:

>LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS

Guys, we have to be more careful about this stuff.

MORIR PINCHE MONO MORIR!!!!!!

this

Because both the Spanish and the Portuguese were strong and white back then. And we conquered the world. :)

>white
no

Southewestern Colombia is also Quechua-ish. It was part of Ecuador. We took it from them at war in 1835. The coastal border area is also very similar, with black population on both sides. We share some indigenous groups like the Pastos.

Ecuador is much more similar geographically and climate-wise to Colombia than to Peru. Colombian-Ecuadorian-Northern Peruvian Andes are green and lush; Peruvian Andes are barren and dry. Same in the coast.

true. I visited ecuador a couple of years back and their landscapes are just like ours, basically no difference in the andean region

El CubANO

You Spanish fucks were white back then. YOU're not and that's okay because you're an import nigger. But the forefathers of "your" country were

"Cuba"
As fake as catalans ans basques

This user is wise

probably I got the impression because it seemed to me that Colombian families hold together more while for example here in Germany it works the way that everyone wants to move out of home with 18 financed by mommie and daddy, live a selfish life and make "a career" and family is in the way of self finding and self realization. Colombians I met seemed like they cared for other people more. Or they are part of the poor population that has to stick together

Anglosphere hates each other too

>the three were separate territories for most of the Colonial era
Ok and especially because I compare that to German history I'm wondering why you don't form onenation because we were divided even when the holy roman empire of German nation was still a thing and went to wars against each other contantly and then we arrived at the point that speaking German and hating France should be enough reason to form a country (no joke, today we don't hate France anymore so the language and the history since 1871 are the only things that really all people in Germany have in common). There were always huge cultural differences and catholics and protestants hated each other like crazy and even like 50 years after being left out of joining the Reich Austria would have joined too after WW1 if the victors wouldn't have forbidden it.
So the Spanish speakind countries have the same language (enough reason for us), they are mostly catholic (more cultural similarities than we have), they have machismo and call others gringos and when I look at the flags of Colombia and Ecuador it reminds me of GDR and FRG who had the same colors in the flags but were devided by foreign powers so I wonder what devided Ecuador and Colombia. i can imagine that today they have many differences but so have the regions of Germany.
Just me thinking about sense and nonsense of forming nations and dividing people

It's just different. one is a cultural/economical phenomena (young people can afford to move out of parent's home). the other is economic policies of the State. but it's not like Colombia is the opposite of Venezuela, it's just a country with a mixed economy like most countries of the World, with some free market and some protectionism. just that Venezuela is too radical and heterodox.

the flag was just inherited from the Gran Colombia era.

>more cultural similarities than we have

not at all. most Hispanic American countries are huge non countries made by the Spaniards without attending any particular geographic or ethnic (or whatever) divide; all of them have huge inequalities and very distinguisheable regions. Colombia has 60 indigenous languages; we have jungle in the south and west. mountains all over the place, plains in the east, the Caribbean coast, Black people in the Pacific coast, trirracial people in the Caribbean plains, Mestizos everywhere, Syrian Lebanese people, etc. it's already a miracle that it hasn't balcanized even more. Same for other countries and Brazil.

>huge inequalities and very distinguisheable regions
like us
> 60 indigenous languages
Whoo. We have the Sorbs who speak a slavic language, and many dialects that we can't understand so we invented standard German
>we have jungle in the south and west. mountains all over the place, plains in the east, the Caribbean coast, Black people in the Pacific coast, trirracial people in the Caribbean plains, Mestizos everywhere, Syrian Lebanese people, etc
We have forests everywhere, mountains all over the place, the alps in the south, flatland in the north, canyon shitters in the south, fishheads at the coast, Turks in all bigger cities but still more Italians and Polish respectively than Turks

ok the whoo sounds kinda strange now. I was really impressed by the 60 languiages

Idk but i say mexico and colombia should unite along with central america.

why with them?

to form a single stretch of land.

could as well take ecuador, Peru and Chile along

Um, no.

>A Peruvian said you still have some kind of rivalry because of the War of the Pacific?
Chileans and peruvians dgaf about that war, bolivians are the only resents ones.
I don't want to be with Peru because peruvians smell bad

VISIGOTHS, HUNS, FRANKS

OOOOOOUUUUUTT

Criollos don't tolerate each other since they are extremely greedy and power-hungry, which makes them so selfish and prone not to share.

That's the reason why.

Criollos that couldn't come into power in the biggest entities, got butthurt and went on to form their countrylets where they would be at the top of the power pyramyd.

>Argentina Paraguay Uruguay should be 1 country
yeah nah m8 you're a bunch of cunts

nothing will change for you, the half of paraguay is living in buenos aires you will be part or something big you only need to give us your land

Why would Paraguay be one country with us? they have nothing in common with us.

nothing but millions of paraguayans are living here i'm telling him why don't just give us their land if they want to be Argentines anyway

yeah, that way your narcos can get our cocaine easier

>half of paraguay
mere rumors!
it's just a seventh of the population

Brasil is huge because 99% of it was empty and it's unconquerable. It's an enormous jungle, that's why you see a united brasil. They can not separate even if they wanted to.

buenos aires corrientes and santa fe were founded by paraguayans

The question is; Why there are only one portuguese speaking cunt? But soon brazil will balkanize, we are not the same!!!

>I get that the whole of Spanish speaking America might have been too big to govern but Brazil managed to keep everything the Portuguese owned in one country why didn't the rest do the same.
Try ruling a several million people country that spans over 11 million sq kilometers, across 2 hemispheres, with several different climates, no unified army and no central government with 1800s technology.

That could have never happened.

It "worked" for at least 3 hundred years under Spain, the size and population wasn't the problem, it was the criollos who wanted power

LA PATRIA GRANDE! VAMOS A VOLER MAERAWEHARHAH

>Brazil managed to keep everything the Portuguese owned in one country why didn't the rest do the same

Because basic Geography, Brasil population was pretty close in coastal areas in a country far from the Andes.

That doesn't make any sense

Yes it dies mexico colombia peru should unite as a single statec

That makes even less sense. But imagine the food tho.

If Brazil and China learned Spanish, I'd take the time to become fluent too. It would be worth having a universal language in the western hemisphere.

If gringordos really want cocaine that much you just need to make production and trade more effective. Double the price, they'll still pay for it.

Fuck off gringo
Pinche negro

deport h8 m8

t. chi

ConquistAD

Crimea river

disgusting desu

Niggers get double fucked by hispanics and whites hahhhhahahzhhzbahH

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJOJOJJOOOO