Just started reading The Hobbit

>just started reading The Hobbit
>everything is well explained and straight to the point
How did they make three movies out of this shit?

Also the descriptions of the dwarves and Bilbo don't match the movie and Thorin war far more grim in the movie
What the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SGengnqNIM
youtube.com/watch?v=q4cdvcKH_ng
youtube.com/watch?v=2m04j8rRkHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they used the enlarging ray

The movies are mostly OC shit. Jackson is a wellknown hack so no surprise though.

Who was the director who was originally gonna make the Hobbit before Jackson took it over and crammed it out to 3 parts?

Del Taco

You guys are retarded. Jackson made the hobbit into three movies because of studio interference, not because he thought it was a good idea.

Also he got no preproduction time and was basically making up scenes off the top of his head.

LotR was a labor of love that he put his heart and soul into. The hobbit was just a cash cow that he was strongarmed into doing after del Toro was kicked off the project because of dark and edgy vision being too risky.

Just watch the behind the scenes features on the blu ray box set you pieces of shit. it explains everything

they shoulda kept it 2 movies and then made like 4 hour extended version like lotr. woulda cut out the bs. studio jews ruin everything

His designs for the creatures were so fucking good and weird...Del Toro needs to stop fucking around and do a dark fantasy story movie.

JUST

this except del taco wasnt fired, he quit cuz he had to do other things. jackson planned lotr for fucking years before they started filming and had been dreaming of it for a long time. he never wanted to do hobbit. then he had to start filming right away, and then he got sick for weeks. i feel bad for him. but shit likeis still inexcusable.

Even though this should not have been split into a trilogy, I still like the first 2 though

I hate the fucking gloom effect thing which is in almost every scene

i liked all of them, they just dont come close to lotr. also the third had way too much bs in it. theyre still better than a lot of fantasy crap put in theaters now.

I found the 3rd to be exhausting and drawn out

It's almost as if Jackson only made the movies for the money...hmmmm.

it makes the cgi look far worse. id be pissed if i worked for weta and they threw that stupid bloom on all my work

it looks like a bloody video game cutscene

ya. they shoudve stuck to 2 movies.

wouldnt you if you got millions for it? its an awesome job

money

>wouldnt you if you got millions for it? its an awesome job
I live in a comfy apartment that I'm perfectly happy with. I have all I need so no.

These movies are all the more painful after you consider all the good shit that came out of the lord of the rings.

even the non cgi looks like cgi. 96% of the shots had cgi, 25% of the shots were 100% cgi if i remember correctly

What's wrong with this one?

is that Billy Connoly under all that makeup?
At least the dwarf armor looks cool and proper.

>How did they make three movies out of this shit?

>they shoudve stuck to 2 movies.
This, they could've cut out all the extraneous stuff and made some actually decent films.

He was busy dying or something so they made a cgi stand in for him

>the descriptions of the dwarves
The only dwarves with any kind of distinguishable traits in the book were Balin, Dori, Fili, Kili, Bombur and Thorin

The fact you think that it's a real person with makeup on is astounding to me. It's so obvious CGI but you didn't suspect that it was. How the fuck is that possible? Are you clinically blind or what? I'm genuinely curious.

WOW The Hobbit is shorter than RotK?

Really made me think

he doesn't look cgi to me because 99% of everything in the image is cgi thus I imagine he is the only real thing.

This isn't an animated movie thus my brain picks out "what is most likely real in this green screen image"

I'm more surprised I recognized him as Billy Connolly. He doesn't look CGI in that because there's so much of that shit on top of the face and around him that you can't really judge at a glance.

You're underestimating just how little effort was put into The Hobbit movies. The Star Wars prequels get shit on all the time for all the cgi but the amount of cgi in The Hobbit movies was far worse.

the entire shot is cgi. its actually technically good cgi, just not for movies lol

At least the fan edits make it better

silmarillion

youtube.com/watch?v=6SGengnqNIM

i mean its kinda fun when you ignore that its based off the hobbit and forget about how good rings was

I saw the first two movies. Found the first one just okay but too much filler, while the second one was mostly filler - every excuse for a fight scene was used, and the shoehorned romance was idiotic.

Didn't watch the third one because I figured it'd be the same shit as the second. Is there anything in the third one that makes it worth seeing anyway?

Can we just make this thread into a Tolkien general? Those are always the best.
Books from best to least best go.
Children of Hurin > The Silmarillion > FotR > RotK > Two Towers > The Hobbit

hella f*cking epic

Do you have one with the peg leg troll that gets controlled like a video game?

Watch the Rankin & Bass version

Isn't perfect, but it's fucking gold in comparison

The auction scene at the end was a nice inclusion

He made the greatest movie trilogy of all time.

Get fucked.

>Is there anything in the third one that makes it worth seeing anyway?
Just Smaug's attack on Lake Town and Thorin's death

this. the ending was great imo. also thorins death scene/funerla was pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=q4cdvcKH_ng

>"Oy Vey, Mr Jackson, we've been hearing rumours you plan to make the Hobbit in two parts and not three?"
"Yes, it's a short childrens book"
>"Oy Gevalt, what a holocaust, Mr Jackson, we are missing out on a third film worth of shekels here"
"It'll be hard to make the source material last two films, let alone 3"
>"A shoah, right here in my office, remember the 6 million, Mr Jackson, we demand you make stuff up, invent new characters, show popular characters from Lord of the Rings, lots and lots of CGI"
"Yes, my chosen one"
>"One last thing you Goy animal, we hear the dragon has 4 legs... it only needs 2 to walk, many shekels will be saved"

Bilbo even calls it "There and back again"

Just a little trip with a few bumps.

>Also the descriptions of the dwarves and Bilbo don't match the movie and Thorin war far more grim in the movie

Unpopular opinion: although the movies were undeniably hot buttered ass and Peter Jackson should be firing-squadded for making it, and the plot, extra characters, and other stuff were shit, the atmosphere of Eriador and the whole northern Middle-earth vibe was super-comfy. I live in the Rocky Mountains and when I saw these in theaters in the winter while there was snow outside, they all felt so goddamn cozy. The dwarves singing in Bag End, their costumes and mannerisms, the Misty Mountains, Beorn's house, Esgorath, Erebor... It all looked so fucking rustic and cool.

Doesn't excuse the movies, they'll always still be shit, but I still guiltily like them solely for that atmospheric component... Does that make sense?

This thread make me so sad

I hated that in every hobbit movie evevrything seemed like it glowed or something. What a shitty effect.
I remember RotK had some of that but not nearly as much.

I think that you're partially a faggot and are giving the movies way too much fucking credit, but I actually sort of get what you're saying.

Is it just me, or does every single dwarf, besides the one in the foreground, look the same?

Am I the only one in this board who enjoyed the three hobbit movies?

Not at LOTR level but enjoyables

I only liked the first one, only a little

I kind of get it, plus the hype, and also wanting the hobbit movie to be good was apart of the atmosphere in seeing it. In a way you kind of let the OC shit slide because the original hobbit book isn't really congruent to the epic that is LOTR. I'm one of the people who recursively read it expecting more LOTR and was let down when it was more of a fairy tale. So just think of it as a stylish re imagining.

Fun times, all the time. I mean, I get that this is basically a kids movie, but would it hurt for it to be serious for longer than 5 seconds? Literally every new "bad guy" they meet the music and characters expressions make it seem like "this is it, we probably won't make it out of this" and then 5 sec later they are safe and sound and making jokes, then another bad guy pops up. It's like a fucking video game...

no actually half of ROTK is appendage bullshit where they got most of the references in the movies from

i enjoyed them. the first is comfy as fuck and most of the second as well.

This. The initial scenes follow the book for the most part and the singing dwarves is comfy. It all goes down hill after the hippy Gandalf shows up.

still longer than hobbit. and its not bullshit

shoulda kept this in theatrical cut

youtube.com/watch?v=2m04j8rRkHw

I liked the first. I tried to rewatch the others but had to turn off Desolation of Smaug by the time they reached Laketown because I just couldn't take it anymore.

Why the fuck did they use so much CGI? it won't hold up well. they should have used more practical effects like the original LOTR trilogy.

The Battle of Five Armies was like two pages.

>mfw I genuinely loved Desolation and The Hobbit trilogy

Wow! The remastered Skyrim is looking good!

that thigh grab move looks extremely homo when it's done by a guy

Overrated trilogy

You're thinking of Star Wars

I remember the whole cinema bursting into laughter when this happened. Holy shit, it is EASILY the most implausible thing ever put on film.

Silmarillion adaptation when? How and by whom?

Holy shit is this a video game?

anime OVA

>my feet hurt
>I should have done a harry potter movie instead
>Ian won't stop fucking crying
>these plebs will never understand the superior 48 frames per second master race
>Martin won't stop flipping me off
>I wish King Kong was here

the 48 frames really were superior. its just plebs and old men who didnt undrstand who didnt like it

The water(?) Looks like a flat surface with low res ice texture placed on top, literally early 2006 level video game tier.

Hobbit is a kids book that is quite story dense for its size because it's written for a child and some things get covered in smarter of pages when they'd take at least 15 minutes to do them justice in a movie

There is definitely enough for 2 good films

But absolutely not 3

That's just it with the Hobbit flicks. It had some occasional great moments sprinkled on the mstly shitcake.

the cgi was objectively better it was just the way the used it that made it so bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

>nee thee eand of block thray
everytime

If they extended the comfy and adventure scenes to give them justice and cut the entire battle of 5 armies cgi shitfest (just had Bilbo sleep through it like in the novel), they could have made it 3 movies easily.

>one of the last movies Christopher Lee ever did

>we've been calling him Hackson when he was just trying to make the most of a shit situation and a shit deadline

he could have walked away

but he didn't because his ego is so huge

no it doesn't it looked flickery in IMAX

not fucking meming here, there were audible chuckles abound, me included.