In the increasingly cookie-cutter realm of Marvel comic book movies, a little strange goes a long way

>In the increasingly cookie-cutter realm of Marvel comic book movies, a little strange goes a long way.
>Yeah, we all know Marvel is formulaic and boring, but this one is good. I swear.

Why are critics pretending like they don't routinely bend over and spread 'em for the big black Mouse cock? Do they think we're goldfish who don't remember that they heap praise on every almost modern Disney release?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/reviews/doctor-strange-review-marvel-studios-1201895862/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because more and more people are calling them out.

It's a superhero origin story

They're all pretty much the same but you gotta make them so you might as well make them entertaining

>on every almost modern Disney release?
Almost modern?

>but you gotta make them

No you don't. Blade did just fine without having a training montage and kid Blade.

DC cucks, will they ever learn?

>Blade did just fine
Is that why nobody remembers it anymore? You're ice-skating uphill again.

Some motherfuckers always gotta try.

I don't think Guardians of the Galaxy was much of an origins story either, despite being pretty far "out there."
Then again, I didn't watch past the 45 minute mark so I don't know if there was the usual Act I background, Act II fighting some nobody structure.

>The key is an in-on-the-joke script, which Derrickson co-wrote with Jon Spaihts and C. Robert Cargill, that ingeniously navigates major plot potholes even as it saddles its actors with ludicrous dialogue. But what actors!

what did he mean by this?

They're paid off. Look at the Civil War reviews. Laughable.

100% fact that you didn't actually read any of them :)

also read the positive bvs ones, those are hilarious

He's gotta say something, and he knows everyone else will praise it. Better to swim with the current and not against it.

We did learn, along time ago, that critics are paid off as all hell and Roten Tomatoes is a broken ass website that intentiaonally deceives the public, a modern abomination that is worsening the fabric of society and is murderng Hollywood

>muh BvS deflection
Kill yourself Marvel shill

This

>Civil War: *everyone gives it seven out of 10* "WAOH 99% ON ROTTEN TAOMTOES MARVEL DOES IT AGAIN BROS!!!!"

>Dr. Strange: *everyone gives it sixpointfive out of 10* "WOAH MARVEL IWTH ANOTHER KINO 95% ON ROTTEN TOMAOTES"

Its such horribly insidious and disgusting. Then once youc all out these asshole critics for it, they point out that "Woah hey man I gave the movie a 6.5/10 I didnt like it that much. " and they get off as a free pass. Its fucking pathetic becuase they all say that

They all say "Hey man I gave it a 7/10 it wasnt perfect dude" but then the 99% on Rotten Tomaotes is still tbere to adorn lunchboxes and marketing material just as planned

FUck Rotten Taomatoes

I LOVE it when DCucks think their movies aren't cookie cutter lmao

Man of Steel
>hero ends up on earth
>human takes him in
>hero good boy now, very moral
>villain comes
>fight
>hero win

BvS
>muh buildings are deeeestroyed!
>hero sees hero is more powerful than him, hates him
>villain also hates heroes grrr
>hero uses plot armor to beat other hero
>hero realizes big mistek
>heroes join forces
>heroes win

Suicide Squad

>bad ting happens
>non hero puts together epic villain team
>oh right also throw in actual hero who has ur back
>main villain loses

you DCucks are too darn cute!

>Act II fighting some nobody structure
There was, Ronan was barely a character despite his kinda neat design.

That means literally fucking nothing. It's trying to say it exists.
>ingeniously navigates major plotholes
Give me a motherfucking break. I'm okay with Massawyrm getting some play in Hollywood but this review is borderline retarded.

Nobody even talked about DC you sad Marvel shill fuck. I hope you suffocate in jew semen.

At this point, Marvel could make another Howard the Duck movie and it would still be a hit.

Anything is retarded when you explain it like that.

>equates the term "cookie cutter" with plot simplicity

Pair that with your overabundant memes, and I can declare you don't possess much film intelligence. Yet you continue to post on a film board

I'm worried by some of the comments of "not too serious."

Strange should definitely have dialogue out of pulp, but it shouldn't feel less than serious.

>big black Mouse cock
FUCKING KEK

Why does the financial success of a movie studio give you such a sense of satisfaction? Are you benefiting financially from their success?

>implying it isn't in the works

Howard The Duck SHOULD be a hit. The comic back in the olden days was popular as all hell.
Man-Thing & Howard Netflix series when?

Critics that review these children's movies for adult audiences are childish trashlosers and should never be taken seriously.

They're still paid by Disney, but they also have to pander to the increasing number of people that point out how bad the movies are.

>muh marvel vs dc
>muh playstation vs xbox millennial mentality
>muh everything must be polarized
These threads are an embarrassment honestly.

>a hit

lol

dr strange is gonna make less than Thor 1

Harry Potter 0.5 is gonna kick its ass accoridng to tracking. RT be damned

Im sure the Mouse is writing out those checks right very now to sink that movie

Why Are marvelfags so insecure that whenever someone says anything bad about their capeshit they have to deflect it toward the dcucks? Like they think their kid shit can only be hated by the other kid shit company

>fuck marvel and only marvel I fucking hate them!
>im not a DCuck bro I promise!!

LOL

what, not enough french words in the movie titles? try L'Captain America: L'Civil War

:^)

This always really grosses me out because the Pepe dick is like coming out of his belly button area

Dr. Strange is one of the few Marvel movies I'm actually looking forward to (along with GoTG Vol. 2 and Ragnarok if only for based Taika) because it has the potential to be different and interesting. I mean, they're dropping this pseudoscience bullfuckery they used with Thor and admitting that there's straight up magic in the universe. If they can do that then who knows what else they can do.

Not really excited for le feminist empowerment Captain Marvel though. Brie Larson a cute but I'll have trouble not seeing her as Envy Adams despite her excellent performance in Room.

>admitting that there's straight up magic in the universe.

lol no. He becomes Sorcereror Supreme because he masters the "science" of magic.

>Is that why nobody remembers it anymore?
Plenty of people remember it. The problem is that you're likely 19 years old and think Thor is an old movie.

>so you might as well make them entertaining

I agree. Wish someone would start already.

>Harry Potter 0.5 is gonna kick its ass accoridng to tracking.

Sauce? I could care less about either movie so I have no dog in this fight, but I have heard next to nothing about this Fantastic Beasts movie.

Is it known if at least a standalone film or is it just another thing to set up more shit in the Avengers films? I feel like I already know the answer.
MCU was a mistake. Makes standalone films feel completely fangless.

This
And don't even get me started with TFA
>all those reviews praising it for being a rethread
The mouse got half the critics on payroll and the other half are on their good graces

can you at least link the article

They were doing it before Disney bought Marvel that's why.

I wish someone leaked more media communication to Wikileaks. The line between entertainment and politics is so blurred, it's hard to see at times.

I'm sure we'd see big media corporations courting reviewers who they know have a big reach. "write a good review and you get access to X." It's not necessarily that overt, but I'm sure it exists.

That downey looking fetal alcohol syndrome youtuber did a pro-Hillary Clinton video, and it turns out that a third party was offering money to Youtube personalities to make such videos.

variety.com/2016/film/reviews/doctor-strange-review-marvel-studios-1201895862/

Hey man, you either join the NWO or you get run over by it.

>That downey looking fetal alcohol syndrome youtuber

You're going to have to be more specific.

Probably describes most of them desu.

Ummm, Casey or something. I don't know.

>hating on unreleased films because of what critics say while at the same time pretending critics are always wrong

>weeks away from release.
>positive reviews already coming in
>DCucks ALREADY losing their minds and complaining that the movie is both bad and that reviewers are paid off.
>All without having seen it themselves.

Holy fuck my sides. I've actually grown to loath Disney for their rape of Starwars and utterly gutless Marvel Universe but watch the completely uncalled for amount of butthurt from DC fans is hilarious. Comparing superhero movies is pathetic.

Fucking this. They're all so same-y that they are unnecessary. I think they're used to establish things about the character in a simple way, but fuck you could instead actually write a good story.

This reviewer sounds like an idiot.

I'm sure shit like that happens, but I wouldn't count on hearing about it any time soon. The difference between politics and Hollywood is that at the end of the day, show business doesn't matter and that enables them to get away with much more. In politics, even with how seedy and corrupt it all is, there is a general consensus that people SHOULD do the right thing, and so there are advocates for transparency and people willing to resist it. In show business nothing fucking matters and no one cares. You're playing make believe for a living. The overall industry zeitgeist seems to be that you're lucky to even be in the room, so you better not fuck it up because there are 10,000 people willing and ready to take your place. People see what happens and they know it's wrong, but they're willing to turn a blind eye because they value their job.

You forgot that Disney killed off any hope for a Tron 3, and the franchise will probably be dead for the next 20 years.

You listed three separate movies and three distinctly different plots. I'm not sure if you understand the what people mean by "cookie cutter".

>movie gets bad reviews
>it's okay to run the movie to the ground without even seeing it

the hypocrisy of your average Marveldrone

>accuses DC films of being cookie cutter
>reduces their argument to meme lines as cringy as one would expect from a Disney intern
>still every movie is clearly different from the others

How can you fail so hard in life man?

Actually, you're typical marveldrone reviewer will follow the notable members of a DC movie to their other movies, then give them a negative review because of their BvS performance.

Working for DC is putting your career as an actor on the line.

We have seen it though, we have seen this movie 13 times by now. It's the same fucking movie they make every year and even paid off critics can't hide it anymore

As seen in the Accountant, a perfectly fine thriller trashed by critics just because we found out about their bias with BvS.

Your last few sentences nailed it. I don't know if you've seen The Sopranos, but there's an episode called 'University'. In the episodes one of the gangsters beats a stripper to death. She's discarded like trash and by the end of the episode another few faceless girls line up to take the strippers place. That's how it is in Hollywood.

Because of this no one fucks with the status quo.

>Ummm, Casey or something. I don't know.

Fucking kill yourself. You know exactly who you were referring to. You're just trying to fit in and hide the fact that you watch faggots like that.

>75631976
ahahah alright, mate. Alright.

This.
Who the fuck types "ummm"

That's right folks, it's that time of year once again: it's another "Rotten Tomatoes Is Biased" month.

>Cheer! as more people declare their mathmatical illiteracy before the whole board.
>Scream! in joy as logic escapes and eludes those who don't know what an aggregator site is.
>Chuckle! sensibly as they repeat their arguments ad nauseum rather than just admit they're wrong.

Make this a copypasta. I think it'll make retards angry.

Still waiting for Armond's review...

He'll praise the out-of-place humour and diss the visual everyone else if raving about.

Yea all the 12 year olds will get soo offended! Le marvel army unite lads xD stupidnfuckingcancernigger

>cookie-cutter realm of Marvel comic book movies

>Atoning for past mistakes
>Man out of time
>Space viking
>Man or monster
Yes, these themes are so similar, how do they get away with it?

An origin story makes a lot of sense for a character like Strange. They have to introduce the concept of magic to the audience, and this is its first official introduction to the MCU, since magic isn't really magic to Asgardians.

It amazes me that we have this thread for every big blockbuster release and yet people still don't understand how the site works.

13 year olds who watch youtube e-celebs all day, reddit scum, terrible liars trying to damage control, or any combination of those 3.

Granted, but there's an unfortunate irony to making such an unconventional character have his introduction be told in such a conventional way.

>g-guys RT is paid off by Disney!
>RT is owned by WB!
All of that shit is irrelevant anyway since all RT does is collect reviews from critics. If people want to shit on reviews, then they should focus their attention on critics, not RT.

Exactly.
That's why it's a tip off that the guy knows and is being purposely vague.

I'll never forget the time I asked for a source on a gif from a guy, only to be told that "it was from family guy and it's a bad show and I don't like it." No one cares except an insecure underage faggot.

thanks, new one of my Evans folder!

Yes, RottenTomatoes is rigged, just like the election. Right, DCuck?

I like the idea that Disney is the only entertainment conglomerate who can afford to pay off critics too..

Didn't WB pay off video game reviewers apparently? Why don't they just do this for their films too?

Yes. For a game that was actually quite decent.

They do.

There've been numerous reports of them allegedly paying for good reviews for films as well.

Apparently, they can't pay well enough to erase how shit their films are.

>reading reviews instead of watching the movie and forming an opinion by yourself

both DC and MARVEL fans are the cuckest cucks on earth.

oops, looks like a low-quality Evans somehow snuck in to my folder.

Here, have a high-quality Evans as an apology.

It's a marvel movie with "new" concepts starring Cumberbatch and Mads, was there any doubt it would be a hit?

There's nothing wrong with actually reading a few reviews and getting a gauge on whether or not the movie might be something you're still interested in.
But the problem with RT is people'll just look at the meter and assume it's a good movie.

Marvel has moved beyond capeshit

We cloakshit now

Yeah, this.
>wow user, you're going to see The Accountant?
>haha, I heard that movie was terrible!

>The Accountant
I had read that it was the best Batfleck movie yet?

>have a savvy and cool british actor who 'can't do anything wrong' and who everyone thinks is a really cool guy in their film
>burgers are fucken gay for british shit and their women swoon all up and down for shitters like jude law et al,
>"guys go see this film, my wife and her son thought it was good and benedict cumberbatch is in it so it has to be good!"- t. paid by disney critic.

seriously its getting irritating. who else never gets a bad film review because of a particularity in their origin or some dumb shit about their personal lives?, seriously, i've met an ass load of girls who think he's so eloquent in his interviews, could somebody just point out some flaws in this guy?? t.jelly-swamp-dwelling-commonwealthean.

fukken saved

>Why does the financial success of a movie studio give you such a sense of satisfaction?
It's not the success of Marvel I find so satisfying. It's DC's complete and utter failure.

If the tables were turned I'd find it equally hilarious.

One studio can shit anything out and it will be praised as a masterpiece that brings in half a billion dollars and builds upon their already towering brand.

The other does whatever they can to catch up and just gets utterly shit on at every turn.

It's god damn side-splitting

Nobody praises anything Marvel has done as a masterpiece though.
Except for Daredevil, which of course is.

Viewers do

Every Marvel movie I walk out of has people raving about how amazing it was. When I walk out of DC movies all I hear people say is shit like "It was too long" or "I had trouble following it" or the worst offender "Nothing will be better than The Dark Knight"

People just don't want to like DC movies but will eat up anything Marvel puts in front of them. It's hilarious

>Viewers do
I'm sure nobody uses the word masterpiece in real conversation.

You're taking my words too literally friendo. I chose that superlative at random

Words shouldn't be used randomly. Words have purple monkey dishwasher.