Why did the Anglo-Saxons end up ruling the world?

Why did the Anglo-Saxons end up ruling the world?

Germanic genes

Superior genetics

Because we failed.
Celtic*

Protestant work ethic

Britain had the specific advantages of an island that had the basic resources needed for heavy industry as well as geography that made them secure from invasion, unlike continental Europe whose economic development was held back by devastating wars again and again.

This
>Celtic
Not this

thisssss

unironically this

>Why did the Anglo-Saxons end up ruling the world?

Germanic tribes conquered Europe, Germanic nations the world

>unironically thinkink they're not celts

underrated comment

wrong

VERY good post and digits confirm as well.

t. Frankposter

Germanic is such a meme, the Franks were a Gaullish tribe that crossed the Rhine so suddenly they're germanic.

>unironically thinking anglo-saxons replaced the celts
>unironically thinking I'm the frankposter

French people also benefited from Germanic (Frankish) genes

Because the perfidious englishman could never allow the duplicitous frenchman to win

t. francis bigga

The Franks were Germanic

Because France ruined itself (and Spain), and Germany took a long time to unify.
They had over half a century with no competition from the end of the Napoleonic wars to the German unification.

then why did they speak a germanic language?

Germanic doesn't mean anything but "constitutive of the German nation".

Because of the Industrial Revolution. Not many other countries had the right conditions for such a thing to have kicked off, where the government didn't centralise everything and allowed people to experiment with all kinds of science and engineering shit.

hehehe

You'd know if you oppened a history book not written by Neue Rechte islamophiles.

>relating to or denoting the branch of the Indo-European language family that includes English, German, Dutch, Frisian, and the Scandinavian languages.

Anglos are so strong and powerful

Oh how I wish I lived in an Anglo nation

wtf? it is a historical fact that franks spoke a germanic language
Franks means something like brave or bold
This word has survived to this day in english language with "frankly"

Praise Alfred whose vision ultimately lead us to glory.

>mfw go... I mean auslanders think we are latin or celtic

Gauls were bot exclusively Celtic, see Gallia Belgae.

>gauls were bots

based

Britons are just French people who speak German.

french influence

We civilized the english and set free the americans

this

Yes, Gauls were celts and Franks were Germanic

*just a part of the world

my ancestor :)

No, Gauls were mostly Celtic but there were also many "Germanic" tribes, including the Franks who were "Germanic" Gauls.

False, there is fairly significant genetic overlap between English and continental-Germanic populations, with a strong pull towards those populations. The same can't be said for England and France.

We influenced each other.

>"Germanic" Gauls
What does it mean?
Celtic and Germanic referes to languages, so they either spoke a Germanic or Celtic language

we were talking about the elite

If by ending up you mean usa started nf in 1850s, british empire starting in
1850s etc.

Also long periods of stability giving rise to entrepreneurism. I mean what number republic are the French currently on, like their 5th fucking republic lmao.

Are you memeing me ?

hmmmm

Because we invested in Navy

That's literally it.

no i am serious

Its like how america is #1 because they have unmatched aerial superiority

First one to get cosmic superiority will be the new superpower

Map's weird. Is this ALL the territory that we've ever owned throughout history or something? Because I don't think we held the Arabian colonies at the same time as we had the 13 American colonies. I thought we took the ME territories after we rekt the Ottomans in WWI and lied to the Arabs or something?

Germanic only became constitutive of an identity under bismarck

Have you read about the Norman invasion of England? Most people who participated on the Norman side in the invasion of England weren't even Scandinavian, but people from all over France who were referred to participate in the upcoming invasion. And there are many races that speak a Germanic language despite having another ethnicity. You shouldn't just think that it's le epic haploballs that determines your ethnic background.

You mean German?
Germanic language family has existed for a long time

No wonder Merkel keeps getting elected if all germans are as stupid as you are.

When did I mention haploshits? All I have said is that we are genetically closer to Germanic populations than French populations. We also speak a Germanic language. We are clearly Germanic.

Also, the Normans hardly affected English genetics, as you can see in the images I posted. There is very little overlap or even pull towards French populations. The Norman elite only influenced the language and culture, but even then it is still Germanic.

You're the retarded one if you think that a Germanic identity only became existent under Bismarck.

Anachronous = From all of time

ahahaha

The Norman conquest propelled them to greatness. They were irrelevant and backwater before then. Without French kings, England would be a shithole today but the Normans gave them a taste for conquest.

>Franks were a Gaullish tribe

ayo hol up

WE

Because they waited patiently until the previous ruler died.

they just killed innocent people with sticks and stones

>No Angevin Empire holdings
Shit map

>died

Then just went on siesta

>be less than 50% Anglo-Saxon genetically
>call yourself Anglo-Saxon because you speak a bastard descendant of their language

AYO HOL THE FUCK UP

But now they're just our little bitch, making the once mightiest empire our bitch is not something a regular nation can causally say.

You are Chinas bitch now so there is at least another one who can say it.