Does capeshit need to take notes from Japan?

youtube.com/watch?v=QVaD0Uxm8ho
>Fighting for people who can't
>Sacrificing yourself for innocent people
>Not turning down against unstoppable odds
Superhero

Capeshit:
>Being a grim serious person who is always angry
>Killing goons and not their leaders as well
>Quipping with each other and rarely stopping to save civilians
Edgy and/or annoying

>Edgy and/or annoying

you should fuck right off with your shit taste

>Villain
Irrelevant. Movie superheroes aren't heroic or even heroes anymore is the point.

What's with all the capeshit pitting their heroes against armed humans that don't stand a chance? Wonder Woman for example.
Where are the greater odds and protecting others? They aren't in modern capeshit.

>Capeshit isn't Sup Forums
Video was an example.

Mumen Rider Vs Sea King is fucking heartbreaking. Makes it all the more satisfying when Saitama rekts his shit.

Side note, if some asshole were ever to say "ALRIGHT THIS CHINK CARTOON'S REAL POPULAR LET'S DO A LIVE-ACTION VERSION IN AMERICA" who would you cast as Saitama?

>who would you cast as Saitama

lets not entertain this thought because it's a really gay idea and cuckowood would instantly make him a black guy.

dwayne johnson

>Bald black guy
>Samuel L Jackson
THIS MUTHAFUCKA TRYING TO START SHIT WITH ME EVEN WHEN I CAN MUTHAFUCKIN ONE PUNCH HIS MUTHAFUCKIN' ASS, MAN

>>Fighting for people who can't
>>Sacrificing yourself for innocent people
>>Not turning down against unstoppable odds

that's how superhero have been since ever, if anything the fact that they are so overdone is why they are trying different approaches in the west

One Punch Man was pretty based.

>Sam Jackson wearing Saitama's costume
I'm in fucking tears right now

Honestly comparing this to the other choice it makes a little more sense but it's still silly.

How old are you, Sup Forums?

There are no mods on this board and the janitors who are here won't care because they're underage too.

Damn right.

The comedy is damn near perfect because it's so well-tied to the actual plot at hand.

Watch the Terra Formars live action movie and then kill yourself weeb

I'm 12 and what is this

>Try hard
>Fail anyway
I wish more things were like that.

>Villain
If Garou is anything like ONE's version then he is gonna end up as a anti-hero after Saitama beats him and he and Bang saves him from the other heroes
But we will never know since Murata is stuck doing his retarded tournament arc ontop of the Monster association arc

True.

I think that outside of heroes like Spiderman, few heroes strike me like numen rider.

to play the devil's advocate, though japan is addicted to power gaps, so maybe it isn't necessary in the U.S.

US comics tend to be far less about power and more about consequences of (in)action

idk. japanese anime and manga seems to be more about believing you can succeed so hard that you actually do except in the case of characters like mumen rider, where his sacrifice is intended to make you empathize and relate to him. I guess.

>believing you can succeed so hard that you actually do
I think that's taken to a pretty hilarious extreme with Saitama, which I assume is the whole point.

yeah desu anime is just better capeshit in general

they can handle a little blood or violence if they need to. Like rip the bad guy's arm off if he's about to murder 1000 people instead of this Disney shit

put it together and you got

>dude it's supposed to be bad
the west already has enough of this shit

Probably Aaron Paul. He's got the disaffection down, plus making Saitama a manlet seems like something that Hollywood would do.

Classic Paul Dano.