Joking aside is Fargo the best TV series ever?

Joking aside is Fargo the best TV series ever?

That second fucking season was absolutely incredible. It's one of the few examples of a show that isn't dumbed down at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kirsten-dunst-reveals-how-she-gained-weight-for-fargo-role-20151310
hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/bokeem-woodbine-his-perfect-fargo-848551
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

Season 3 is gonna be dope. Ewan Macgregor plays two people(brothers who aren't twins) and MEW was cast as well. It will be the best season of any TV show ever.

Yes, but why didn't he just shake his hands?

prime hanzee vs prime malvo

who wins?

Overrated meme tv for hipsters with a superiority complex

Post the webm of THICC girl's ass

I wonder if they'll ever expand from the Fargo area though.

That undertaker guy was one dumb fucker that he just walked in like that.

Malvo. Maybe because I'm biased due to his likability as a character.

>le suave nigger who quotes random shit
Instantly dropped, S1 was much better

>I wonder if they'll ever expand from the Fargo area though.

They kind of have though, haven't they? There are plenty of areas in both seasons that aren't Fargo.

>THICC
fuck off nigger

Malvo was the highlight of season one. Season two had so many better characters.

Really though? I thought Milligan was a welld one character in the fact that despite all his quotes he was completely out of his depth and only survived it all by sheer luck.

He gets his comeuppance at the end too.

Didn't watch it because I heard there is racemixing going on.

Is this basically the closest thing we'll ever get to a Coens TV series?

Closest thing you'll ever be to a television Nirvana

Not really. Actual spoilers ahead: One of the girls does, and she is a fucking idiot throughout the show, ends up fucking things up for everyone then gets shot in the woods.

>That undertaker guy was one dumb fucker that he just walked in like that.

they were supposed to be allies, why would the undertaker guy think Milligan was going to kill him?

Because he was there to kill Milligan? What, did he think Milligan was just going to roll over and take it?

Was he telling the truth or was he actually communicating with aliens?

I was kind of enjoying Westworld but having just watched all of Fargo I've suddenly realised how fucking poorly written it is.

How does some literally who writer make something as good as this?

I must've missed that, I was under the impression the undertaker was there to take the reins of the operation from Milligan and be his new temporary boss until the business was all done.

It's another in a long line of Emperor's New Clothes shows that claim to have depth actually being a complete vacuum of substance. The fact that it's routinely praised on this no taste shitposting board is all the barometer you need for how good it is.

Are you gay?

Maybe I'm wrong, I just found that it was heavily implied that he was there to bump Milligan off.

Either way, it's not an unexpected thing that someone might not be happy if you're just going to walk in and take all of his business from under him.

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

>Either way, it's not an unexpected thing that someone might not be happy if you're just going to walk in and take all of his business from under him.

True, but it wasn't really his operation either. He was running point but his boss was the other guy who got decapitated, it's not unreasonable to send in someone else as a replacement.

Milligan convinced them to let him handle it, then he didn't produce results in time, and given the corporate mindset the Kansas mob seems to have, along with underestimating Milligan, I don't think they anticipated a power play like that from him.

Hanzee desu, but I feel they're incomparable

That makes sense I suppose. I liked the whole "corporate gangsters" thing that they had going, it made for a really effective contrast with the incredibly conservative Gerharts.

Honestly there are so many well done aspects to the show that it amazes me it even got made. Was it a commercial success though? I know that critics loved it but that doesn't mean much a lot of the time.

Are there any other shows with a similar sort of style and quality?

And the Fargo television show is a Beatles cover band.

You're just tasteless, dude.
This "superiority complex" you sense is just a projection of what you feel. We probably are superior to you and you know it.

>All the different stylised openings
>All the weird shit with Reagan and his movies
>The fucking UFO

I think one of the things I liked most was the fact that it would have been a great show without the stranger aspects, but those really propelled it that much further.

the first season was a gimmick delivery service way too far up its own ass with all the quirky dialogue and non sequiturs. there was one good episode (lester escaping the hospital) but then it got really bad and I stopped watching

i keep hearing the second season is better but the first was so overrated that I can't trust you people

>Sup Forums is the epitome of taste
>A show that lifts it's entire aesthetic directly from far superior movies and adds nothing except UFOs and machine gun battles is the greatest television show ever

Just shut the fuck up

While I like the miscommunication motif of the show as it is epitomized when Peggy fails to convince Lou of her motives and frustrations as a woman spurned by her reality, I'd rather it be aliens.

I agree with you for the most part, but that's kind of why I like it. There aren't a lot of good television show's so it is better than the average. What do you consider a good television show? I like this and The Decalogue.

The second series starts slowly but really ramped up.

The average is so relatively terrible these days that it's not even worth discussing. There's only been a tiny handful of shows this decade that will be considered classics, and Fargo sure as shit isn't one of them. And there definitely hasn't been one in 2016.

>Gets stuck in an office for all his efforts

That was nice

Mike Milligan is literally INTP: The Gangster.

Trash

Thanks for your worthless opinion

>that scene where hanzee asks for a haircut
>his hair slips through the scissors

;_;

>that wheel barrow story

Great scene

Hanzee had a hard life

>it sucks because I'm racist
here's your (you) faggot

>No classics in 2016
>No Fargo in 2016
What a coincidence

The reading comprehension of a Fargo fan, everyone.

>tfw no dunstfu

Where did she get tits from?

Praise dairy!

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kirsten-dunst-reveals-how-she-gained-weight-for-fargo-role-20151310

>I gained weight for this role," the 33-year-old actress, who also used Jane Iredale cosmetics on set, told Kimmel. "But really, I just sat in my bed, watched Friday Night Lights and, like, ate."

>"I was in Calgary,” she continued. “It was cold, so I ordered in a lot of pizza [and] grilled cheese. I just had different cheeses and breads together."

>She didn’t mind gaining the weight, or plugging Season 2 of the hit show, either.

>"It's nice to, like, promote something and not have to lie about it," Dunst said of the anthology series, which is set in South Dakota and Minnesota in 1976 for this season.

>In August, Dunst revealed to Town & Country that another role, in the upcoming film Woodshock, required her to lose 10 pounds in two weeks. "I am a girl who loves to go out to eat — it's one of my joys in life,” she told the magazine, before adding that she needed to shed fast because her character has to “look a little ill."

Literally all the weight went to her tits

Preferring the second season to the first is a clear sign of full blown pleb.

I didn't understand the alien shit. Why did aliens randomly appear during the big shootout to save Patrick Wilson?

I keep telling people to watch it and the stupid cunts won't listen to me

dickheads

Why not

It was one of the themes of the season, they teased a lot of UFO stuff throughout the show and it ultimately wasn't a major plot point, Dunst's character sums it up best

"It's just a UFO, hun."

What was more important was them getting the fuck out of the bloodbath that was going on.

>Overrated meme tv for hipsters with a superiority complex

I can see your fedora and katana from here

That last part.

It was a way for Wilson's character to live.

I swear they just wrote scenes where they appear before so it's not literally out of left field.

yeah she was lookin particularly fit in this show

>Fit

Fat

fit as in attractive you donkey

God bless her.

oi thats right you tell em bruv

that bird was bloody fit mate

Wot

Nah they're going to keep it silent hill style

no one should have to stay in Calgary

Martin Freeman refers to the undertaker as Mike's "would-be assassin" during the narration in episode 9

What's wrong with Calgary?

its a desolate wasteland

the scene was better interpreted as the rise of technology

The last two episodes I just didn't understand at all. Like with the black guy, what happened why did he just become some sort of corporate accountant?

Oh thank god, so I'm not just an idiot.

Also I was certain that the voiceover in that episode was Michael Sheen. I felt really stupid when it turned out to be Martin Freeman.

What was there to not understand?

He had done well for Kansas City, so they bumped him up the heirarchy. That meant he was in a higher position, which meant being a corporate man instead of a grunt.

>Like with the black guy, what happened why did he just become some sort of corporate accountant?

Because crime was becoming more than just strongarming people/violence, the Chicago Hope guy pretty much laid it out, the organization could earn more money doing shady shit from behind a desk than going out and shaking people down.

Mike was a guy who wanted to be seen as more than just another nigger muscle, which is why he has a lot of flowery speeches, he's trying to appear to be more than he seems but you get moments where he slips back into being rough and tumble.

Ultimately he fucks himself over because at heart he loves the violent side of the business but his need to be the smartest guy in the room just put him in the worst possible place.

Bookem Woodbine talks more about here

hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/bokeem-woodbine-his-perfect-fargo-848551

are you a consumer? cant you guess why? why do you think mobs arnt a thing anymore and the mob leaders arnt running more than a building on the streets, theyre nobodies and the people who now run the world are the billionaires who own these companies, /mrrobot/

Its a frozen desolate wasteland

>his need to be the smartest guy in the room just put him in the worst possible place.

Absolutely this

He was content with being better than everyone else, and secretly was quite happy with his lot. His biggest mistake was going for the power he never really wanted in the first place.

Yes, its GOAT.

Season one was better as a whole, but S2 had some amazing elements as well. Especially sad puppy dog Burn Notice man

That's what they told Milligan, but Milligan realized they were going to kill him.

Yeah, thats why I like S2 more than S1.

I'll never understand why he moves his arm like that. He raises it, lowers it, raises it, opens it, closes it, then whips out the gun and kills him? Why not just, raise arm, whip out gun, shoot?

Spot on, completely agree.

It's a trick gun, maybe the movements have to be specific to make it pop out so it doesn't happen when you want.

When you DON'T want it to.

Season 1 was the movie.

>they're not just for women anymore.
this show is pure kino

>MEW
fucking great, now my comfy Fargo Livethreads are gonna be filled with waifu-fags

yeah because they werent already right

She was a qt

so is MEW, and shes a way bigger name and will have a way bigger part

>nd will have a way bigger part

mmm I bet she will..

Will she gain weight for the role? Will it go to her ass?

I want to have a loving wife and a daughter and live a comfy life in a small town.

Shows like Fargo make me feel bad.