New details on the aliens in Alien: Covenant

>Michael Fassbender accidently let slip the name "Neomorph"...a brand new variation of the Alien encountered in the film
>These Aliens are the result of the local ecosystem being mutated by the accelerant/black goo. Over time, pods started to grow on the trees and the ground, and release a spore when disturbed
>These spores infect several members of the Covenant crew by entering the body through the ear and nostrils. The spores cause the growth of the Neomorphs inside the infected hosts – something that is reminiscent of William Gibson’s first draft of Alien 3. One of the Neomorphs bursts from the back of one of the infected crew, a “backburster”. The other crewmember’s Neomorph erupts through their throat

Other urls found in this thread:

avpgalaxy.net/2016/10/24/neomorphs-alien-covenants-new-aliens/
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04cmf7y
youtube.com/watch?v=JvYYSF_5Hx8
screenrant.com/alien-covenant-prequel-ripley-mother/
joblo.com/scripts/Alien-Engineers-ORIGINAL-PROMETHEUS-SCRIPT.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>The births are preceded by the eruption of two small dorsal spikes. These spikes and a pointed skull are also used to break out of an embryonic sack (similar to the Deacon in Prometheus). The Neomorph resembles some of the older concept art of the proto-Aliens from Prometheus (see below), specifically the white colouration, with a pointed head and two dorsal spines. Upon birth, the Neomorphs move on all fours similar to the Bambi-burster from Alien 3
>When they mature, they grow significantly larger and walk on their back legs. They were more animal-like in behaviour with fang-like teeth. Unlike the earlier Prometheus concepts, the Neomorphs also have tails. In addition, the adult Neomorphs also developed a slightly translucent appearance (harkening back to unused concepts from Alien and Prometheus) as previously rumored

avpgalaxy.net/2016/10/24/neomorphs-alien-covenants-new-aliens/

So it's another reboot then

>>Michael Fassbender accidently let slip the name "Neomorph"...a brand new variation of the Alien encountered in the film

If you actually listen to the interview it's clear that Fassbender flubbed the line and couldn't remember it's xenomorph.

5:44

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04cmf7y

>Neomorph
>backburster

member aliens?

That alien isnt scary

My reaction exactly.

Yeah okay, but what bearing does this have on the bonus situation?

Anyone else here scared of mushrooms and mushroom spores? It makes me feel sick

looks like an angry dolphin

>entering the body through the ear and nostrils
There is no opening in human ears..the fuck. It'd have made more sense if they said it entered the body through the nostrils and when people rub their eyes since that's the fastest way people get sick and don't even know it nor do they notice how many times they actually DO touch their eyes.

>Neomorph

The aliens aren't muscular enough

>If you actually listen to the interview it's clear that Fassbender flubbed the line and couldn't remember it's xenomorph.

This is very likely, I like him as an actor but it wouldnt be the first time he shows utter disinterest in the source material of the movie he is making, see: Assassins Creed (not that movie wouldnt be shit either way).

IT'S AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I may or may not be o.k. with this

But fassbender agreed to the movie without even playing the games because he liked the script so much

>blue guy has cameltoe

definitely 2016

>AHAHHAHA THINGS ARE DIFFERENT. I WANT TTHINGS THAT ARE SAME. THNINGS THAT I REMEBER

Who was in the wrong here?

Literally any old bullshit idea to wring a few more pennies from the franchise.

Next it'll be yet another ____morph, this time it's orange and its a leg-burster. And after that it'll be a rainbow striped arse-burster, with 17 chest dildos. Just so long as they don't have to answer the real questions; the queens, the drones, their origins. Just more red herring reboots to pump cash out of fans.

Fucking franchise is reaching Hellraiser levels of stupid shit now, just bang another out to keep the wheels turning til the money dries up. Even the shittiest of the Aliens vs XXXXX 90s graphic novels are better than the lukewarm cak the studios pump out these days.

Fuck I mad

You're scared of mushroom sperm

>But fassbender agreed to the movie without even playing the games because he liked the script so much

And then didnt bother to play or learn anything about them. He basically dissmissed them as toys for children in an interview. I dont care either way in this case but learning about the source material at the very least is beneficial to an actor.

youtube.com/watch?v=JvYYSF_5Hx8

Waterston's character is also rumoured to be Ripley's mother

screenrant.com/alien-covenant-prequel-ripley-mother/

>watching another one of these after the shit show that was Prometheus

u wot m8?

Did you like Promethues? Because that was something very different from what you're describing.

>I dont care either way in this case but learning about the source material at the very least is beneficial to an actor.
If Ubisoft or whatever studio was behind this though it would improve his performance, they should have paid him to play the games. I'm sure his performance will be adequate and perhaps better than this "movie" deserves. If it isn't, I doubt a bad performance on his part will sink this stinker.

> 21st century
> caring about Ayylien

they are toys for children

>I'm sure his performance will be adequate and perhaps better than this "movie" deserves.

My sentiment exactly, hes a great actor.

If it isn't, I doubt a bad performance on his part will sink this stinker.

Im sure that even if he phones it in, he will be the highlight of this thing.

I really dig this shit. Reminds me of The Rake or a stereotypical Gray crossed with a xeno. Grays spook the hell out of me.

Okay, but if you were the user I'm responding to, he doesn't owe this film anything beyond what Ubsioft paid for, much less to play games from this shitty vidya series.

Sure but if he really was interested in this role beyond monetary compensation he would have done at least a little research to reach a deeper understanding of the material he was portraying.

Ill give an example from the very top shelf: when Christopher Lee was doing voice work for The Last Unicorn he came in to the studio with the book where he marked parts that he thought ware essential to the character and he believed shouldnt be left out of the adaptation. Thats actual dedication to the craft, not just getting paid to recite lines from the script.

>Neomorph
This film is literally going to be fanfiction.

Are you meming son ?
This can't be real.

is this new jaws movie

>Sure but if he really was interested in this role beyond monetary compensation he would have done at least a little research to reach a deeper understanding of the material he was portraying.
1. This doesn't make a great, good, or even a great actor. 2. This isn't a necessary condition for any actor. 3. This movie is trash and doesn't require anything more than him than what the contract stipulates and anything that couldn't hurt his future career chances.

>Ill give an example from the very top shelf: when Christopher Lee was doing voice work for The Last Unicorn
And I'm sure plenty of the actors in those capeshit movies didn't bother reading the comic books from which the series originated. And this movie is probably even worse than they are.

>necromorph

moby dickhead

>And after that it'll be a rainbow striped arse-burster, with 17 chest dildos

You just ruined this movie for me

>the original script for prometheus was a perfect horror script using two variations of the xenomorphs, a black-shelled berserker-esque bug one and a translucent-white on that could squeeze itself into ventiliation shafts and under doors
>Fox hired Linderhoof to come in and fuck the script completely

it looks like a post modernism alien. devoid of creativity beauty and soul

BLACK
GOO
O
O

His performance you don't really need to worry about, how hard can it be to play an assassin from a video game? This is an easy role, what you need to be worried about is the writing and direction

william gibson? did a draft of alien 3? THE William Gibson?

where can i read about it

>Neomorph
Neo and Morpheus have merged and now only one man can stop them.

i would rather watch that than this pile of black goo

>Waterston's character is also rumoured to be Ripley's mother
That's gay as shit.

this is going to be a mess

at least 1 foot must be on the ground at all times so the blue guy was in the wrong for technically running not speedwalking

I wish Ridley wasn't such a fucking jew and had allowed to Alien 3/Alien:R-ignoring sequel to be made.

>wanting Blomkamp anywhere near Alien after Elysium and Chappie

It would have been Terminator Genisys level of fan fan fiction. Ignoring two sequels that are considered bad only to make a sequel that is so much worse

>Terminator Genisys was bad

I still have faith in the Blomkamp that made District 9.

Well not really but I thought his concepts weren't too far-out like Shitppie.

>if you don't care about videogames you are actively against videogames and dismissing them reeeeeeeeeeeeee
typical butthurt Sup Forumsedditor
Fassbender just doesen't know shit about videogames, he said he doesen't even own a "videogame player"

What was good about it, the Johnbot reveal in the trailers?

Kyle Reese being Sarah's bitch for the whole movie?

The bad joke of about how Sarah says she's been trying to teach Gramps how to smile for a decade when in T2 it took him days?

How about this scene, the one that truly reveals it to be the most lazy uninspired Terminator movie to date where they just forgot to explain how the T-800 escapes?

Tell me what was good user.

BRAVA RIDLEY

Original script joblo.com/scripts/Alien-Engineers-ORIGINAL-PROMETHEUS-SCRIPT.pdf

All that nit-picking.
It was a great movie, even better than #1

I agree with you to an extent but in this example Saruman was working from a book. Fassy's character is an OC so he can't exactly pull his inspiration from anywhere.

that is reddit tier TIL

>Spores enter through the nose and ears

Here we go again.

>21st century
>caring about anything

goml

Sandrine Holt is so hot, i need her to be in more things

>Sandrine Holt
>5'10

Ooh lala, another giraffefu

Alien Isolation was good

Yeah, how dare he discuss something Sup Forums-related.

Sorry, can I ask a question?

Why do they have to constantly update the design for one of the most classic movie monsters in cinema?

You're not going to hit it out of the park again, there is no reason at all to do this and focus time on the plot to say

IT'S AN ALIEN

BUT NEW!

There's no reason to do that. You shouldn't do that. Don't try to fix it if it already worked, and you're alienating (pun intended) your audience by doing it.

Just fuckin stop Ridley

user, if you truly believe that, then you have IRREDEEMABLY shit taste

> humanoid

Dropped.

This galaxy alone has trillions of planets and there's an uncountable number of galaxies. Why the fuck is everything humoinoid?

Why do we make aliens so fucking boring? Can no one do something creative?

Fassbender's a fairly typical handsome normie that plays up to the cameras so his legion of younger fans (both male and female, though mainly female) will love him, it's standard PR stuff.

And while it IS annoying to see an actor so disinterested in what they're doing, especially if there's a modicum of craft or effort put into what they're getting involved in (I would say the legacy of the original Alien movie deserves "some" dedication, at the very least, even if it is a shitty sequel and has had shitty sequels before it), you need to remember that most of them are big blowhards that want roles they usually aren't offered.

Fassbender probably wants to be seen like Peter O'Toole and wants to be contributing to cinema in some grand way, and you can certainly see him attempting this when he gets shitty Steve McQueen scripts, but ultimately he's just gonna be an A-Lister known for the pretty simplistic, not particularly deep stuff he's signed his name up to. Oh, and Band of Brothers.

I do understand the frustration, though. One of the things I like about Henry Cavill, actually, was that he was freely willing to admit that he doesn't care THAT much about acting and does just consider it a job that gives him a lot of money, which is such a taboo thing for actors to say, nowadays. Though even he put effort into learning about Superman as a character, so maybe he felt some respect for it. He is greener than Fassbender, though, so he'll probably be browbeaten down the line.

do they eat the alien fruit like the idiots who pet the alien snake?>

>Fassbender probably wants to be seen like Peter O'Toole
That seems like a pretentiously stupid statement you made because of his character in Prometheus.

she's in the new macguyver series as the boss lady

hnnnggg

it'll be kino like prometheus

kys faggots

>ridley argued throughout the production, being incredibly finicky up to the last minute about what kind of creature he wanted, only being consistent in telling artists to make things "less giger", and chastising and rejecting work that was inspired by Giger

What the fuck was his problem

>Sorry, can I ask a question?
>that line spacing
pure reddit

>have classic movie monster that is absolutely terrifying even today
>make it into a white translucent penis

cool

I do

what

I want formatting wise

When on my mobile dev
ice I've

been on here

longer

than you have

Eat the
shit

Begone mobileposter

>Begone
And you call me reddit

>75651629
>le why are they so dumb

You are lazy.

He is a shitty crazy Jew hack.

>Assassin's Creed games aren't toys for children

They fucking are, you simpleton. Bottom of the barrel type games.

>Christopher Lee

It still hurts

has fastbender's even had a big, career defining role yet? I mean hunger was great but im terms of hollywood he hasnt had that massive critical and commercial role yet, I think he's B-list.

>My sides at this writing
>Shit that was actually a enzomorph bursting out my oxter

>pleb wanting to typecast an excellent and varied actor's career
If you need that, just think of him as Magneto.

They should call it something clinical like a "dorsal genoeruption" or something.

"The covenant crew"

No squidwoman and fassbender?

shame + fishtank

>imagine sitting next to Fassbender
>you'd like to talk to him
>you know he considers vidya as for kids, basically is a normie
>heavy breathing
IMAGINE

Ridley's been on the record several times as confirming that the original 1979 aliens also appear in the new films. In what capacity, i'm not sure

>These Aliens are the result of the local ecosystem being mutated by the accelerant/black goo. Over time, pods started to grow on the trees and the ground, and release a spore when disturbed

Its funny because the non-canon comic book sequel to prometheus did that too.

Its a big Prometheus/Alien/Predator crossover comic, and the black goo has seeped out into the open and mutated all sorts of shit. And then by time the next crew of humans arrives on the planet they arrive to a massive forest full of xenomorph looking creatures.

a scientist injects the black goo into one of the androids on the crew, and once the good gets into the fake androidblood it actually starts bonding with it and starts turning the android into a living creature, which then mutates into some crazy intelligent fucker that looks like Frieza.

It's the Sequel of a reboot

>mfw niggers will cry because "muh alien's whitewashing"