Have you done your yearly rewatch yet?

Have you done your yearly rewatch yet?

How many actors were discovered or legitimized because of this? Everytime I watch I keep recognizing more and more faces before they became known.

oh yeah....Day of Days and Points many, many times.

There is something about western european forests that I find deeply soothing and beautiful

My brother borrowed it from a friend a long time ago; we watched it and loved it. Man, I need to see it again.

live stream marathon when?

Why was Ron Livingston always just kind of hanging around doing random shit

What was his actual job in the war

I rewatch Sharpe instead desu

Carenten, Replacements, Bastogne and Breaking Point are they only episodes I watch anymore, the rest suck. I'm going camping in the Ardennes next month, need those feels

>What was his actual job in the war
everyone had the same job...killin nazis

I have never seen this show is it good? Does it have good battle scenes? Good characters?

It has feels user

Probably the best series ever made.

>implying Crossroads isn't the best episode

>when joe gets his leg blowed off

he was a staff officer so he didn't really have a job.

I always loved the scene when the American solider and the German solider find out they are from the same place, and share a cigarette and bond.

I watched it on a circulatory repeat for a year straight. Comfy NEET nights falling asleep to BOB.

I mean it makes sense that you need people for logistic/ administrative shit

Better than Sopranos? I have seen Sopranos like 5 or 6 times. If you say it is I may have to start watching it ASAP.

then psycho american hero Lt. Spiers comes along.

did he actually do it

They did a really good job making him spooky, as its how the soldiers felt about him, I feel it too

>my grandson asked me "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?"

>I said "No.....but I served in a company of heroes."

Gets me every time.

You will develop the Gay and have many husbandos.

I've actually never seen The Sopranos but visiting this board for so long has made me want to, was going to start it up this week at some point. You should really watch Band of Brothers this week too.

according to his wiki, Lt. Spiers committed a bunch of war crimes that the guvment looked the other way with. they also made this guy the warden of a prison in europe after the war that house a bunch of nazi war criminals..those sad sons of bitches

>Soviet Union lose 26,000,000 people during WW2
>Murrica loses 420k
>Spends the next 70 years making heroic trash like this

Will do, thanks.

Just because russia hasn't made a series as wonderful as this doesn't mean the men in band of brothers aren't heroic

Also seeing people thrown at a meatgrinder isn't very emotional

nothing's better than The Sopranos

well murrica supports its troops. unlike you commies that just use your men as cannon fodder.

AFAIK he never executed prisoners. He did shoot one of his own men for cowardice tho. Guys like him were a necessity in the ETO but wouldn't be tolerated in today's PC military.

>PC military
jesus christ

ya but soviets are sub human

As a miniseries it's about as good as Sopranos is as a TV series. I honestly prefer The Pacific but Band of Brothers is absolute must-watch WW2 kino. Along with Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down it pretty much set the bar for war stories produced in the 21st century.

i've rewatched it about 4 times. i don't plan on watching it again any time soon. the hero worship in it is just too cheesy for me now.

I'm not one of those reactionaries that says the sky is falling, but paying for servicemember's sex reassignment surgeries and having a female Army Colonel complain about the standards for Marine infantry officer training is really all the proof you need to realize the military is a much, MUCH different institution than it used to be.

Nah you are a fucking idiot

Anyone who bitches about PC shit pretty much generally are

>his favorite episode isn't the Ardennes one

I wouldn't say it's hero worship (with the exception of Winters, who really was a godlike figure in the eyes of his men).

It does definitely over-romanticize the cast though, and I think HBO learned their lesson from it and steered away from that with The Pacific

Steven Anita Smith

lol ok cool

lol he says that this is something Mike Ranney told him about

when I was a kid, I really thought he was saying "my granny"

over romanticized is probably a better description

i just can't deal with that kind of shit anymore.

they must've unlearned a lot of good shit too then. cause jesus if that thing wasn't packed with bullshit hollywood drama, i couldn't even finish it

the pacific theater doesn't really make for good entertainment the same way the war in europe does. it's boats and hopping around random tropical islands.

Would you take a cig from him?

I would take him out to a fancy place for dinner. Walk with him hand in hand around the park at night. Give him my jacket when I notice him shivering. Then we'd head back to his place and I'd fuck and cum in his ass until he got pregnant.

I always thought Webster was the guy who got his brains sucked out in Starship Troopers

well too bad Lt. Spiers isn't a faggot so that would never happen

All I ever do is re watch

Breaking point/bastone in the winter, carentan in the spring and d day in the summer

Shhhh...

1. You don't know for certain.
2. If you are jealous, I can take you out for dinner and then see where it goes. If it leads to sex, fine. If it leads to just cuddling in front of the TV, that's fine too.

>Implying Russia didn't literally change the name of the war from the universally understood one to the faggy, nationalistic "Great Patriotic War".

>spend too much time on Sup Forums
>develop genuine dislike of Jews
>Why We Fight still gives me major feels

Although nothing will make me tear up more than when Buck is in the field hospital and is having that nice letter from back home read to him and he just crumples the paper and turns over with tears in his eyes.

just finished rewatching the other day, now I'm on part 5 of the pacific.

You gonna do Gen Kill afterward?

I've watched this show about 4 times now and never the last episode, is it even worth it at this point?

Also I hate that they made just about every British soldier look completely incompetent, from the fat one that can barely hold his captured luger without dropping it to the posh jobsworth tank commander that gets killed, I'm pretty sure I remember a part where market garden's failure is blamed on them in the same episode where they have to go save some red berets. The show would have been improved if they dropped the comedy relief brits and spent more time making the US look more badass.

I haven't watched it in 2 years, each time I notice a different actor.

Last time I watched I boticed.
Fassbender
Pegg

I always do the same thing.
>Was that ______, no way It couldn't be, holy shit it is ______.
It's just you go over to Europe and you hire dozens of extras for one or two lines for just one or two episodes. So you hire locals looking to make it big.

nope

Nice tumblr gif faggot.

I got bored after a few episodes and didn't bother to finish it

Not yet. I usually watch it around Christmas time. Same thing with LOTR. Its just comfy watching those if its cold and there is snow outside. Sometimes my autism takes over and I pretend I'm a member of the fellowship or easy company when I go outside. I sometimes imagine Saruman is conjuring magic to kill me from afar or imagine Nazi paratroopers invading the city.

Great logic