ITT Directors that never made a bad movie

ITT Directors that never made a bad movie.

Body of Lies and Robin Hood were bad
Not very bad but certainly not good

you first, OP

outta my way goyim fucking shits

>Ladykillers
>Hudsucker Proxy

>implying they're bad

>Hudsucker
>bad

Someone likes Exodous?

Hudsucker is fantastic. Ladykillers is the closest they've come to an actual misstep, but it's not actually bad, just mediocre.

Unless you count his second MOH episode.

>Hudsucker Proxy

Not even trying.

"A Good Year" with Russell Crowe.
The equivalent of a chick flick, but for old rich white dudes. Utterly unwatchable.

White Squall was a total shitpile. Really this dude is 50/50 at absolute fucking best.

that better not be Ridley Scott

Blade Runner and Alien were good

Rest completely unmemorable.

i dont care what anybody says thelma and louise was fucking garbage

when did this meme start? its fucking reviled and often considered their worst movie. its almost as bad as hail caesar

Magnolia used to be my favorite movie, and it took me forever to finally admit that it was fundamentally disjointed and all the buildup just amounted to a really dissatisfying ending.

Now I think it might be his worst movie 2bh

>Body of Lies
lol list 1 reason

Disappointing? In what way?

If you count Fear and Desire....

The Hudsucker Proxy is ostensibly a satirical comedy, but, in reality, it is another post-modernist essay, a wild run through the history of cinema, exhuming the nostalgic populistic tone of Frank Capra and Preston Sturges, the screwball comedy of Billy Wilder and Howard Hawks, and with occasional nods to the gags of Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton. The Coens reconstruct the atmosphere and even the visual icons of the cinema that pitted corrupt rich people against honest ordinary people, that turned a man's simple life into a society's glorious epic.

go to bed, paul

EWS, Clock and 2001 were terrible.

okay now give one reason that its not a bad movie

>2001
>terrible

It's boring, long, and the cgi suck.

I guess we have to agree to disagree then. Also, CGI?

The whole point of the movie was showing these seemingly unconnected storylines buildup to an eventual climax, where PTA would show us that they are in fact connected on a lot of different levels. Instead we just see a cop out with the frog scene and a really underdeveloped theme of childhood trauma, it's like he just got sick of the script near the end. The movie is just 3 hours of WAIT FOR IT

>its fucking reviled

That's harsh. It was considered below average by their standards at the time, but it was never considered bad. I find it entertaining as fuck. It's funny.

I don't see how you can consider a light comedy with nothing to prove and a very well written (and well acted) script bad, it's still a great movie, just not in comparison with the rest of their work, just like Blood Simple and Miller's Crossing are criminally underrated

t. contrarian

He has 3 good movies and that's it. And Gladiator is not one of them.

Here's your (you)