Now I know that alot of you guys on here are Christians...

Now I know that alot of you guys on here are Christians. But you just have to laugh at yourself and your kind when you read things like this. Particularly "people gave me a lot of grief for just being a woman and made me feel ashamed for having a body that tempted men"

Sexy actress Jessica Alba turned her back on the born-again Christian community she grew up with when they started to make her feel ashamed of having a great body.

The DARK ANGEL star, who has become a Hollywood hot property in recent years, became a devout Christian in her teens, but started shunning her friends when they poked fun at her natural beauty.

Alba says, "One of the reasons why I chose not to be (a devout Christian) is because a lot of people gave me a lot of grief for just being a woman and made me feel ashamed for having a body because it tempted men.

"I didn't understand what that meant because I was like, 'God created this...' That was a hard time in my life."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QBvS60FemY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>alot

>feels butthurt because has no come back
>criticizes minor grammar error

>because has

She definitely tempted me with that body.

>I NEED YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=QBvS60FemY8

She's always been fucking amazing.

No, I have to laugh at Alba's vain bullshit and the fact that you believe it.

wat

christfags need to gtfo my Sup Forums

>born-again Christian community
wew lad

as a christian I will still run the other direction if I hear the following

>evangelical
>born again
>mega church
etc

from my experience and I may be wrong about all of them, but they are full of delusion and disturbing.

my mom has friends who are literally the crazy christ lady from the mist. religious extremists live in a cult, period

Americans are so fucking retarded about their religions. I find most other Western countries are more relaxed about it.

but if you half assedly believe in your religion you're just a hypocrite which is even worse.

It's funny how they say Spain is hardcore Catholic when you don't find even 1% of the bullshit you find in the States.

Women have it so tough in life

So she became what? Jew like everybody else in the hollywood?

you're an idiot

Nice anecdote. Who am I or anyone else to judge someone's faith based on some dumb Hollywood whore?

Probably because a large part of Catholicism are its culture and traditions and its role in the community. So you can have a 'hardcore Catholic' society that doesnt actually hold any deep religious fervor. Boston is a good example of this.

this situation gives an insight into the nature of the human condition and its fundamental incompatibility with religious texts.

That's really questionable to almost outright wrong. I'd say human nature is overwhelmingly compatible with religious because religion has surfaced in almost every dominant culture since the dawn of man.

Regardless, the point at hand being that OP is using a singular experience to paint a terrible image of Christianity and claim its universal stands correct. The inherent evil of the female form is not a major theme (i cant say for sure that it never shows up but i doubt it does) in any Christian literature or practice.

Christians removed the Jewish law from their scriptures even though Jesus said quite plainly that the law is still in effect.

Regardless of denomination, you have angered the God of Abraham.

As a Christian and a fireman, I agree that God gave Jessica Alba an absurdly beautiful body and face.

Are there really lots of Christians here? This place is like multiple deadly sins on repeat thousands of times over every second

>What's the Inquisition

Christians? - Possibly. So-called "devout" Christians? - Fuck no!

Wrong century, boy.

If people knew why and how religion came to be they wouldn't be religious.

Suppose I should preface saying I'm a catholicfag.

Throuthout the history of Christianity, you get to the underlying belief people are stupid, and tend to fuck up fairly simple ideas.

Say, for example, the savior of mankind comes down to redeem man from sin. What do you do? Kill him of course, because we're all retards. Sinning- if you look at it with any objectivity- is a pretty stupid choice, yet we do it anyways because lolwhynot

So yeah, people are retards. They do stupid things for bad reasons, make errors with good intentions, and every possible idiotic mistake inbetween. Humans kinda suck.

Yet we on the Christfag side of things are okay with it, because in the end all the stupid in the world doesn't matter so long as you try as hard as you can to be the least stupid you can, and guide other people away from it. It's an uphill battle, but in this case it really is the thought that counts- so long as the thought drives you to good

>"being attractive was hard"
>makes an extra profitable career out of it

wtf I despise jessica alba now

Everyone is religious. Religion is much more than the three great Abrahamic religions.

>I'm a christian but...

stop, just fucking stop. You're a fence sitting pussy and nothing more. If you actually believed any of the shit in your bible then you'd be out with westboro calling marines faggots and shit like that.

Not everyone is religious

>Everyone is religious.

t. Toothless Hick in a Podunk Town

And you're a Catholic? The view expressed in the last paragraph sounds rather Lutheran to me.

The catholic church in spain is notorious for being intimately involved in kidnapping for profit schemes. Pick your fucking poison.

Most people are inherently good without any religious influence.

>most people are inherently good when all of their needs are met

ftfy

>Sinning is stupid
Fuck you bacon is delicious, im not marrying anyone i havent fucked, looking at Alba makes my pants tight and im not ripping an eye out for it, eating the apple was the only possible fucking choice, stem cell research saves lives, abortion is necessary, Ill work on sundays for that extra 7%, Godfucking dammit it feels good to swear increases endorphins and lowers pain.

Cause that's what Christianity is all about. Yeah, right...
Get some fuckin education for your own good, fuckhead.

Just saying Christianity needs to stop taking credit for all the "good" in the world

>Most people are inherently good when being good provides advantage.

>I have some bullshit definition of religion that includes atheists and agnostics

Westboro bapist church has a few basic ideas.
God punishes the land for the crimes of the people
>Noah
>Sodom and Gomorrah
>Egypt and the plagues

Accepting homosexuality, among other things, is a sin.
>Leviticus

So a people that commits sin will be punished.
So dont do that. And fight against evil.

Exactlly which parts of that dont you believe?

That Eden story was concocted to villainise women. The end.

Eating bacon is not a sin. It can very well be considered stupid though. As for sex before marriage: Yeah, ask a Catholic. Lutherans couldn't care less. But that's still a point, I guess. And admiring a woman's beauty? Well, it's God's work, so what.

>Matthew 5:29
>So if your eye--even your good eye--causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

>Eating bacon is not a sin
Ahh the magical "That part doesnt count" version of the Bible

Sure, its got nothing to do with religious elders damning people who try to learn for themselves, nothing to do with working out the issues an all powerful god has with the world, the evils of free will yadda yadda
Nup just about women. Go back to gender studies.

>It's a women finds out that she can control men with her body episode

I don't believe in oversimplification. Modern Christianity is about the idea behind the word, not the word itself. It's about 'logos', not a bunch of stories that may or may not have happened.
That's also why the WBC is considered to be one of the most primitive institutions to ever call itself 'Christian' by most Christians out there.

>its a men blame women for lust, even though women have the exact same feelings and manage to not be cunts

Huge part of it though, as pagans worshipped the Mother Earth and revered women as creators of life. Christians couldn't have women running the show, it's a boys club.

Well, guess you haven't read the rest of it.
The typical misconception that religion is 'simple'.

How on earth is the WBC not taking the idea behind the word? They have extrapolated from the ideas in the bible that were not directly told as calls to action and put them into context with direct statements about evil.
You're not better than them, just more of a hypocrite.

Everyone is religious to some extent. Do you believe in free will? Do you believe in equal life? All beliefs based on faith. It's only that you have your head too far up your fedora asses to admit it.

Was this in the 90's? Today it would've been SJWs doing the shaming.

>Pagans worshipped the mother earth
HORSE
SHIT
Modern pagans worship mother earth cos they are wankers.
Pagans worshipped a huge diverse range of things, some of which included a minor earth goddess.
Norse, Celt, Greek, Saxon, Roman, Moorish, Inidian. None of those have a Mother Earth deity as a major character.
Besides the Eve myth predates christianity, back when God was a Jew only topic

Free will is up in the air, depends on exactly what is meant by it.
I dont believe everyone is equal. It makes sense that treating everyone the same until they prove otherwise yields better results than arbitrarily designating a group as worse. Because even if they are, on average, worse, indivduals can exceed that.

Faith=/=religion anyway you toothless inbred hick

Of course i have. I just ignored Paul I-never-even-met-Jesus-and-am-just-making-shit-up-as-I-go-along.
Jesus said rip out your eye rather than lust. Metaphor or not, lust is therefore a sin. I choose sin.

I was right.
Some bullshit definition of religion.
Faith is different to religion.
Having a belief is different to faith.
Even if someone believes in free will, as long as they are open to the possibility of being wrong, and accepting of new evidence, then its not faith.
Youre a fuckwit

Shut up you giant cocksucker. All you have is insults. Faith is literally religion but on a more personal belief. It's still the same mentality of believing in something that isn't proved.

Go stick a banana up your fat ass.

You're overlooking a simple fact there: Extrapolation should, by all means, be the very LAST part of analysis or exegesis. What those people do is forcing an existing argument around arbitrary issue until it fits (according to their perception).
As a matter of fact, that's just tje ussue that made Marx speak of "Opium of the People".

Whats sinful about baneposting and waifus?
Not everyone browses Sup Forums

>Faith is different to religion.
Nope
>Having a belief is different to faith.
Having a belief that is based on nothing but what feels right is faith. You're just too much of an autistic shitfuck to admit it. No you're the bringer of rationality and truth.

I mean I've fapped to her to hell and back so, she SHOULD feel guilty for making me sin

Now youre just making assumptions about them. Youre assuming they hate gays first, love god second (chronologically) without any evidence. Why would they expand their hatred into the classically anti-gay military if it was just about gays.

Every action of the WBC is logical if you assume the Bible to be true, literally or metaphorically. There is no rationale for claiming that their actions are wrong, by God, if you also believe in god. You can say you do something different, but nothing makes your bullshit interpretation better than theirs.

Christians in Europe are the best. Kindest, most generous people you'll ever meet.

I think that whatever ideology Americans come across, they corrupt it and turn it into something ugly.

Faith is immutable. If someone can convince you that you are wrong, you never had faith.
I believe the sun is coming up tomorrow.
But if it doesnt, ill say "I was wrong" before freezing to death.
I did not have faith in the sun coming up.

Also i want to thank you for taking time out of your schedule of raping your little brother for this. It means a lot to me.

On the other hand, Free Will is a belief that is supported by some evidence. its not incontrovertibly true, not a scientific axiom, but there is evidence for it. People seem to make decisions.
So that, then, isnt faith. Because its based on more than just feelings.

And faith.
Isnt.
Religion.

religion
rJˈlJdʒ(ə)n/Submit
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms: faith, belief, divinity, worship, creed, teaching, doctrine, theology; More
a particular system of faith and worship.
plural noun: religions
"the world's great religions"

It requires Worship.

Youre wrong

Are you mentally fucked? Did daddy touch you in a funny place?

>synonyms: faith
heh

>Free Will is a belief that is supported by some evidence
And there is ton of evidence that says the opposite. That our free will is nothing more than our genetics changing its expression based on the environment we're exposed to. Yet I don't see you believing the latter. Why is that?

>All you have is insults.
Literally!

Learn what a synonym means. words with the same or SIMILAR meanings.
Faith and religion are linked. They are not inseperable

And Im in the air about free will. As i said earlier. Because we cant account for all or even most actions based on environment. Though that is most likely just a reflection of our lack of ability rather that its lack of truth.

But thats not the point. What I believe doesnt matter. Some people do have faith in free will.
Other morons have faith that we dont have it.
(Thats you.)
Most people simply believe they have it. Because their daily evidence indicates it and they dont read psychological journals.
Faith and belief, like faith and religion, are SIMILAR. But not identical.

You ignored every bit of evidence but the one that supported your theory. Funny that.

>The Sharia Caliphate of Eurabia

I believe we have free will. Because it's the only way I can make sense of this life. It's a leap of faith I make to make my reality bearable. And I believe this is true for many others sharing my belief.

You're making the assumptions here. I was replying to your post, not commenting on their conflicting agendas. I think the word CONFLICTING needs to be stressed here.
Viewing hate as a fundamental concept of Christianity is also one of the countless flaws in these guys' perception of Christian ethics.

So...because YOU have faith, everyone else does?
You have faith, that others have faith?
If someones has never seen the evidence that we dont have free will, then they dont have faith.

I have seen the evidence, Ive heard the arguments, and Im just admitting i dont know.
So I dont have faith in that. And theres millions of people who are like me.
The original point is wrong.
Even if we grant the retarded idea that religion is only defined by faith, theres plenty of people running around without faith.
Unless of course im wrong.

Ah yes of course. The all loving genocidal god.
Reading hate from the Bible is as valid as reading love.
Wanna talk about CONFLICTING?
Talk about your own faith that somehow ignores all the murders God commits and encourages and orders

Oh, Americans. "No, you". Constant anger. Constant panic. No middle ground.

Katy Perry is a better example, OP. Made at least one full Christian album, all about God and shit, then got famous for a song about bisexual curiosity and putting her titties and ass on display and forgot all about that.

Thanks for the help, God, now get fucked!

Wait, WBC or me?
Because at no point did i say or indicate "No you."
And the whole thing was pointing out common ground. Between him and WBC sure. But common ground.

I like her style

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Pisses of christfags and gives us nice tittays.
Win-win.

God doesn't commit murders. People do. Applying human rationale to God's motivation is such an obsolete concept. What you call 'Christianity' is a bunch of very miserable people who either seek ro appease God in a way primitive object-cult religions would or just wish to böame everything that doesn't fit their sad little world on others' lack of "true faith". All the while disregarding the fact that the concept of "true faith" is manmade, volatile and categorically flawed.

I win

I was talking about you and your "WBC=All of Christianity" equation. Be happy someone fell for your bait.

>God did it, doesnt count
Yeah good work with solving that conflict

>Miserable people blah blah blah
More assumptions. More bullshit.

How you manage to be less logical than those psychopaths is impressive.
You try to tear down their beliefs as not the "true christianity" but somehow "true faith" is false.
You cant take the bible literally, but extrapolation is wrong.
You need faith, but you cant be primitive!

They are different to other christians.
They are just equally stupid as other christians, and less hypocritcal to boot.
Which is what i always said. You're just illiterate when it comes to big words.

was meant for
Also "middle ground". Not "common ground"

TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR
TOO FAR
>TOO FAR

Wait, this isn't a Walking Dead thread...

You're oversimplyfying again. Do yourself a favor and learn to read cause unraveling your generalizations is really just tiresome.

Im not oversimplifying, im cutting through your bullshit.
You have nothing of substance to say.
Vague pronouncements of what real christianity is without any backup.
Youre not better.

She really grew up in the wrong sort of community then. If she had grown up over here, in Spain, a deeply Christian country, she wouldn't have had to to take shit about her looks from anyone. She only would've caused a priest or two to praise the good lord with renewed vigour.
But I guess those "born again" christians are a special bunch anyway.

> s, but started shunning her friends when they poked fun at her natural beauty.

Sounds like is just a case of Bitches being jelly.

What I read from your side is nothing but incessant rambling about a small community within Christianity and your firm conviction that their views can be applied to all of Christianity when there's actuslly billions of people that prove the contrary every day. Your sense of entitlement makes you overlook the most simple facts and yet you feel like calling out other people on their faith. Seriously: What's your problem, dude?

And moreover I have made NO "pronouncements of what real christianity is", neither vague, nor specifc, whatsoever. I was pointing out that regarding a hateful head-on-backwards mentality as fundamentally Christian is just as wrong as regarding type II diabetes as fundamentally American butthe concept of a pluralist society within a vast religious community seems to go right over your head, your truly vague notion of "they are different but equally stupid" notwithstanding.

>She only would've caused a priest or two to praise the good lord with renewed vigour

Your classic "creepy, yet sympathetic man of the faith"-stereotype, eh