Sam is unironically the best character in the Lord of the Rings

Sam is unironically the best character in the Lord of the Rings.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=edK7tIQ6cqI
youtube.com/watch?v=8Wdid7I2QIw
vocaroo.com/i/s0v8ZXNOMaMR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, you're right

This thread didn't need to be made.

literally tolkien's intention

Not nearly as fuckable as Frodo though.

>mfw I was younger and came to the realization that sam was the MC and not frodo

That might come off as gay if you're not careful! Good thing you posted that here where we all know you're straight and can warn you before you talk like that to people who don't know you as well!

Sam is literally the only working class person in the fellowship.

Nah Saruman is.

Yeah, and?

Whiniest most entitled fat fuck maybe

Childhood is when you idolize Sam.
Adulthood is when you realize Frodo makes more sense.

this, a gardener went on a world saving quest with the richest hobbits of the shire, 2 royals (aragon&legolas) , a dwarven noblemen/warrior, a human general and a half god.

>mfw sean astin wrote a book bitching about everyone involved in the trilogy
What did he mean by this?

Wait, what?

How often does Sup Forums rewatch the trilogy?

Boromir was a noble too

youtube.com/watch?v=edK7tIQ6cqI

Dear son...

Very often, every couple months I'd say. In the very least every year around November-December.

What was his endgame?

Once a year or thereabouts. Though I watched it a few months ago and want to watch it again already, so I probably will

While it's true that Sam is the best character, people (namely normies) don't give Frodo enough credit either. The ring's nature isn't explicitly stated in the movies, and some people get the impression that Frodo is weak-willed. By Return of the King Frodo is completely fucked both mentally and physically. Sam went through hardships, but they weren't of the same supernatural nature as Frodo's.

nor did your post

5:50 was intense, damn!

>Ring tries to corrupt him
>Sam imagines all of Middle Earth as his own personal garden

Fucker thinks big for a Hobbit.

Yes it did. He needed to know that his thread was stupid. Everyone knows Sam is the best character. He didn't know that everyone knew. He thought he was the only one.

Expand his kingdom with the incredible power of invisibility.

Jews jewed him with gold.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Wdid7I2QIw

>Astin even quotes his fellow hobbit, Dom Monaghan, as telling him at different points to get some perspective; Astin's whining about money was met with Monaghan snapping "Do you know what people make in the real world? We are so f***ing lucky!"

Based Merry

Good lad Dom, you tell the entitled cunt.

Sam is the best character but Sean Astin is shit. Jackson let him spend way too much time staring heroically off camera, Sam's supposed to just get shit done.

Too bad we'll never see Fingolfin at the talkie pictures.

It's true.

But what if a dwarf carried the ring, would he get as fucked up as a hobbit? Aule made those drunken shits for the express purpose of living in a post apocalyptic death world.

Yea about once a year

I'm overdue

I have them downloaded because I was going to watch them all about a month ago over a weekend but got sidetracked and never got around to it

If Frodo wasn't around I'd imagine Gimli would have been chosen as the Ring bearer since dwarves resisted Sauron attempting to control them through their lesser rings.

Probably still wouldn't have been as safe as it was in Frodo's hands. After all he'd have political ambitions like wanting to clear out Moria for dwarves to inhabit it again. Those thoughts can be corrupted.

Been a good number of years, I'm definitely due for a re-watch.

Last time I watched I did the Extended Edition. Literally sat at home for 9 hours in bed and watched it all in one sitting with food breaks.

It's a ritual for me now. Use up one of my sick days and just spend the better half of a day watching the series back to back.

Well he is Tolkien after all

Every Christmas
EXTENDED
X
T
E
N
D
E
D

That's not Boromir.

This is the only thing that truly saddens me anymore.

>Frodo is completely fucked both mentally and physically
>physically
Hnnnnng

The gayest british creation since british imperialism.

At least once a year. Twice now I've marathoned the extended trilogy with my mother's daughter, and a feast of food.

November is pretty much a de facto fantasy/adventure/home/hearth month.

Couple of times a year, just finished the audio book again and watching the extended version again this week.

Have seen it atleast 30 times, read the book about 10 times I think, and audiobook about 5.

Anyway, Sam is not the best character, although I guess it depends on what you mean by best.

Best natured? Probably. But he's not the hero like everyone pretends he is.
Lets get this straight, Frodo and Sam did the same journey, but Frodo did it basically as a heroine addict.

Sam didn't have Frodos burden so pretending he's somehow better is insane. Hell, Sam does bear the ring a while and afterwards he already feels reluctant to give it back. He even has fantasies of using it to overthrow Sauron and turn Mordor into a garden.

Yes, he doesn't succumb to this temptation but he didn't have it for 17 years like Frodo did.

In light of that, what possible argument could you make that Frodo is the best character?

Oops, meant "possible argument that Sam is the best character"

I haven't watched it from beginning to end in years, but a month rarely goes by without me opening the files and watching specific scenes.

Sam is the reader

frodo wanted to go on an adventure, sam never did. he just wanted to do gardening. even when he was tempted by the most tempting power in the world, all he wanted to do was garden. thats why hes the best. he never had any heroic aspirations but he still did the job because he had to

if sam wanted the ring for gardening, what did frodo want the ring for?

Neither did Frodo, he just thought he did. That's why he kept postponing it.

One of my favorite videogame characters is Zach Fair, from ff7 crisis core.
He really wanted to be a hero, but the heros journey tells us that the call has to be involuntary.
When Zach gets the chance to be a hero, it's one that he really doesn't want, but he does it anyway. Which is why I love him as a character.

Same thing with Frodo.

>implying it isn't true

>british 'sailors' go on extended voyages with other men and 'explore' (rape/pillage and claim land) for England especially dark, hot continent

british imperialism was an excuse to go be gay and not found out.

>mfw I like Dominic even more now

It's nice to hear some actors appreciate their place in life.

I've only seen the 3rd once and i forgot all of it except ghost rush but ive seen TT like 10 times and Fellowship maybe 5

I fucking love TT

>>Astin even quotes his fellow hobbit, Dom Monaghan, as telling him at different points to get some perspective; Astin's whining about money was met with Monaghan snapping "Do you know what people make in the real world? We are so f***ing lucky!"

t. Serf

The (((Lords))) as producers are getting billions and never have to work ever again, while the Serf Actors who are actually the draw get relative pittance

Merry bitching that they got enough of their lot is goyim as fuck. Sam knew the game. They were the main attraction, they had the producers by the balls if they wanted them there.

It's like the best sportsplayer in NFL or NBA or Boxing being paid pittance compared to the promoters. A good goy would accept anything because "muh relative earnings versus average people who aren't capable of earning billions" like Dom "the goy" Monaghan

Thats not gollum

vocaroo.com/i/s0v8ZXNOMaMR

B O R O M I R

WHAT IS THAT PIC I NEED MORE

I will often leave it on in the background when I'm doing shit.

What's this book called? Never knew Sean was like this.

Really? I thought it was just John Rhys-Davies that hated the whole experience.

>t. nigger

lord of the rings is gay

only fellowship was any good

>implying there isn't gay niggers as well

>brit fags getting fanny flustered about being called out

Frodo is the main character.
Sam is just the hero. Theres a difference.

Watched it a month ago at a LAN party with a friend, I will probably watch it again in a few months.

Nah faramir bro

If Peter Jackson really wanted to blow me away with those Rings movies, he would've ended the third one on a logical closure point. Not the 25 endings that followed.

Oh, what the fuck happened to this world? There's only one trilogy, you fucking morons.

he has no concept of pacing or tone progression, ie shit director

>yfw when you realize that trilogy never happened it was just Gandalf day dreaming.

alternatively,

>In the Beginning Melkor just drifted off during band practice.

Then what's the logical closure point?
Enlighten us.

When fucking Fredo wakes up from his little coma or whatever and the little Hobbits are jumping up and down on his bed. And Sam leans in the doorway and gives him that very fucking gay look.
That look was so gay, I thought Sam was gonna tell the little hobbits to take a walk, so he could saunter over to Frodo and suck his fucking cock. Now that would've been an Academy Award-worthy ending.

Based Dom

Used to be random, but now its reserved for every christmas. Extended bluray boxset with christmas snacks and whiskey. Fucking bliss.

Watched them again a couple of months ago. Will re-watch them during a flight to Vegas and on the way back this December.

fucking fag

And then right after the Sam/Frodo suck-fest, right before the credits roll, Sam fucking flat-out bricks in Frodo's mouth.

If it was up to him, they'd have left their only guide to starve. Also

>If [Sam] had understood better what was going on between Frodo and Gollum, things might have turned out differently in the end. For me perhaps the most tragic moment in the Tale comes in II 323 ff. when Sam fails to note the complete change in Gollum's tone and aspect. His repentance is blighted and all Frodo's pity is (in a sense) wasted. Shelob's lair became inevitable.

It's funny that people always laud Sam above Frodo, when no-one lauds Frodo more than Sam himself.

He had good reason to hate it considering the makeup he had to wear was insanely painful for him to wear. Sean is just a bitch baby.

Based Sam
It warms my heart

Sam was a moron