If he wants Rick's group to work for him, why didn't he kille Eugene and Maggy...

If he wants Rick's group to work for him, why didn't he kille Eugene and Maggy? Those two seem A LOT weaker than Abraham and Glenn.

Negan knows Eugene is a badass what with the whole RV distraction ya dummy.

He didn't need them to be strong. He needed them obedient.

When you want to neutralize some group of people, you don't go after the weak links, you hit the strongest motherfucker in there and you hit him hard so the rest just scatter or fall in line.

He probably doesn't really care if the group dies out since he has a load of colonies already

This

killing Glenn was just Negan being a sadist.

this.
Actually killing Rick would have been best.

Eugene would easily have told him about his proposal for an ammunition factory. Negan wouldn't have killed him regardless

>that scene where Coral does the running man in Hershel's bed in season 2
I would pay money to see Negan do that in some mud or something.

Yeah but he went one better. He fucking cut Rick's nuts off in front of everybody.

He wouldn't have killed Glenn if Daryl didn't get so uppity.

That showed him that they didn't really get the message, so he had to repeat it.

Precisely

First, he kicks down the mighty red haired pillar of the group to make them feel scared and miniscule

Then, he kills Glenn to fuck with them on an emotional level

And then, he forces Rick into a state of uncontrolled crying and begging, the final blow in the faith of the entire group

Glenn had an outburst in the last episode of season 6 when Negan had them all rounded up, and that makes me think he could've planned to kill him any way. I also heard they had planned to kill off Daryl, and then changed it knowing the shit storm it would cause with most of their fanbase.

>hey, don't do this thing or else I'll kill someone
>Daryl does the thing
>waaah why did Negan kill someone?

He killed Glenn because he recognized Daryl as a fearless motherfucker who's ready to die. Since he doesn't fear death, he might fear the death of his friends.

This was my reasoning as to why I think Glenn was killed instead of Glenn and Daryl.
I'm not sure if the Daryl thing was true or not, but any of it's possible I suppose.

the group was already broken by the end, that was just to break rick down

Nah, having him die standing against Negan and still being seen as some martyr would be much worse. If you're smart, you just humiliate the hell out of him, get him to submit, and take away any credibility he had. Works a lot better and less chance of rising up.
Which is exactly what Negan's thought process was in the comics.

cause weak people are less likely to fight back

>not raping your enemies in front of their women
What a pussy desu

In the comic he explains that killing Rick would make a martyr out of him, but breaking him and making him look like a bitch would make the entire group fall in line.

Did his men rape Darryl?

He likes Rick.

Only HBO would have the balls to do that. Wish they were running this show.

What if a Maggie just started masturbating? Great way to kill the tension

What if Eugene whipped it out and whacked it while humming sum Anime tunes?

That would really lighten the mood?

One would get me to whip out my own dick and the other would get me to write a stern letter of complaint to AMC for shows of indecency.