Black Mirror season 3

Convince me not to dump this show Sup Forums. I just finished watching the first episode and... what the hell?
I loved the first two seasons and this is the exact opposite of what I was looking for. Now I'm afraid someone took a good idea and is now only exploiting it for commercial success.

I mean:
-acting just isn't great. I get it's tv, but the main performances really didn't convince me.
-cinematography is nothing much.
-script sucks. classic american "journey" story-type, a young girl learns what life is all about. it's the dumbest, more predictable shit I've ever seen on this show and since they tried and make it edgy, it's even more aggravating.

So, does it get better, or is it just a waste of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VqKY9o5igAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It gets better

>a young girl learns what life is all about.
What do you expect, it was partly written by a woman. They can't relate to anything other than what it means to be a woman. They're self obsessed sociopaths

There's literally no difference in quality at all between any of the seasons. It's always been shit, retards.

This
The next 3 are great even the lesbo one was sad and well done but the mansion and game of throne guy one are good

Yea i guess it's a journey type story, but it's a great take.
Don't worry the rest of the episodes are way darker andfollow the tone you've come to expect from BM. Skip ep 4 tho, it's fucking shit

1 meh
2 good
3 best
4 good
5 trash
6 great

it's terrible. fuck netlix

>can't accurately describe any aspect of the episodes he claims to have seen

Wow, you have truly terrible taste

We now know who netflix was trying to make this season for

Don't watch it then. It's always been middling in quality. I watch it for new ideas and I think this season has shown me a grand total of one (1) new idea.

It really doesn't. The quality is the same. And I don't know what you drank to make you think ANY episode this season was great.

It's up to you OP. They aren't utter shit but don't expect greatness. They have their good points.

I don't want to spoil them with the obvious proper ways to describe them you autistic sperglord go neck yourself
Better than some of the other shit pushed out like American horror story or channel zero
My opinion is always greater than yours just remember that

I don't see a huge falloff in quality from earlier seasons. They're mostly the same quality, which is pretty mediocre. Worth watching as a piece of fluff and then instantly deleting. I think they may be a dumb person's idea of highly accomplished writing.

Well, before the Netflix bucks, it was tolerable. They had great ideas and decent production quality.
Now the production is pretty huge, but all in all the quality of the show went down. I feel that they went after the feelings of fear, uncertainty and anxiety towards a future we cannot fully control neglecting the core of the project. And the result is an edgy, calculated piece which really doesn't mean anything.

Agreed. There's no real change.

>edgy calculated
As if it wasn't like that already. God knows how many normies didn't pass the first episode.

Was there some darker hidden subtext in ep4? It felt so upbeat for Black Mirror.

No different in quality or tone. The novelty of the first season and your hate for netflix clearly clouds your judgement

They're dying and one is paralyzed or something.

They accept death to go to heaven basically.

I swear, it wasn't a Black Mirror episode. To gain points they threw in lesbians and a black woman.

avoid san juniperno. It is the worst out of all of them

They threw blacks fucking everywhere in every episode 2bh

OP here. I don't know. To me, it looked quite unoriginal. I mean, what is it more predictable than a white girl who lives in a plasticy world made of fake smiles who then learns to accept that not everything in life can be controlled?

Also. I get they were trying to convey that suburban-rich-white feel, but why does it have to be that blond hair and clean smiles are always associated with barbie-like characters? Imo, they should have made the wedding party more racially diverse. This way, black people are relegated to their stereotypical role of "taboo breakers" in white culture.

>Convince me not to dump this show Sup Forums

See webm or video related. There you go, now go and watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=VqKY9o5igAI

Well it's the EU getting with the times
Britain is now cucked to shit and everywhere I walk I'm seeing nigger couples and niggers everywhere
Fuck the EU

Mackenzie Davis is so beautiful, might actually watch this one

This exactly. Seriously the third one is the best not only of this season but maybe the whole series, on par with Entire History of (You)

>inb4 triggered paedos

dont. that episode sucks

Reddit probably loved this episode

You forgot the Black Mirror part: you rate people like you do on tinder or instagram and it affects your life. Which IS a novel idea, though I didn't liek the episode at all

She's cute, I like lesbians, I like 80s music. I still think it wasn't a great episode. Just okay.

>It's another Netflix show not starring cis white males.

It's always been an inconsistent show. If you'd actually watched the originals you'd know that already

First one is really targeting people who feel pressure to keep up with maintaining their social media profile and pretending their lives are better than what they really are. If you browse Sup Forums then you probably aren't the specific target audience for that particular ep

I think you guys just never been to Sup Forums or seen a raid. It was too boring because I've seen shit like this all the time. Only good part was the pedo twist at the end.

2/6 of them had cis white protags

Well to me the technology in question just looked like an excuse: it's literally the most basic "social media dystopia" you can think of.
It's a prop, not deep or insightful by any means.

>Sup Forums

What's this, 2007 or something?

Sup Forums never did anything like forcing a bank robbery or a murder. You aren't an edgy cunt for browsing Sup Forums by the way

It's an anthology. Some are bad. Some are good. A few are actually pretty great.

Stop being a faggot about it.

no the third season was shit

Well, I still remember 2007. It's like I wouldn't be interested by a pokemon clone in 2016 if I played pokemon when I was 9. Same thing.
I mean, I guess people who weren't exposed to it find it interesting but I can't.
In the past I browsed like most.
True, they didn't but blackmailing people to do shit DID happen. The step up to murder/robbery is interesting but not to me personally.

netflix has shit shows, nothing new

Episode
1 - found the first 20 minutes more disturbing than most thrillers (because I know shallow cunts IRL), then it gets boring and predictable
2 - really good take on fear, and the twists never end
3 - this season's highest point for sure, unpredictable as fuck
4 - kind of emotional, but I couldn't relate to lesbians, sooo
5 - starts kinda boring, but then you start feeling for the guy and if you understand the message, the it's great
6 - didn't feel like Black Mirror AT ALL, but good actors and decent detective plot make up for it

I watched all 3 seasons in one weekend.

People saying Season 3 is the worst are stupid. Season 1 and 2 had some of the worst episodes in the series and some of the stupidest, most reddit-tier concepts.

I'd say season 3 is hit or miss too but at least it has the benefit of good production value.

White Christmas is still the best though. Shut Up and Dance and San Junipero are 2nd and 3rd.

You're not wrong but it's still fitting for black mirror. I wouldn't say its an excuse, as they DID use it and it DID move the plot along.
I just think that you can dislike an episode yet see the point of it.

Weakest part will always be the end.

Season 2 almost made me drop it.

Actually I can't remember which is which season.

I live how they mixed the little sound effect of the stars on the ranking system with the soundtrack when she's on the bridge.

I felt that only the first three episodes of this season were really 'black mirror' the latter three seemed a bit TOO out there. Besides sole flashy tech including the smart contact lenses they felt like a different show.

Anyone know where 5 was supposed to be set? I didn't know where the accents were from and if it was mentioned I missed it

Denmark. I watch with subtitles and it said they were speaking Danish

Completely agree. the fact is that the concept was really captivating from the trailer, so I had high expectations.

Did you get that she was supposed to be Ophelia and her brother was Hamlet?

>Entire History of You
>Shut up and Dance
>Be Right Back
>White Christmas

Don't mind me, just posting the objective top 4

only episode 3 is ok. Rest is shit, especially ep 6.

>tfw have to wait a year for season 4

White Christmas is the best in my opinion.

....How? I don't see it. Neither of them fit.

I don't really see the analogy.
His brother didn't neither look too much involved with the metaphysical contrivances of life, nor trying to avenge a dead father, desu.

They literally recreated this pre-Raphaelite painting and then there's this

>As Hamlet said to Ophelia, ”God has given you one face, and you make yourself another." The battle between these two halves of identity...Who we are and who we pretend to be, is unwinnable. "Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. One that we reveal to the world and another we keep hidden inside. A duality governed by the balance of light and darkness, within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil. But those who are able to blur the moral dividing line hold the true power.

Forgot pic. Also, she goes crazy af. The one thing most people in Ophelia for.

All of that has been said before however.

All women go crazy.

I see the similarities but Hamlet was a deeply emotional guy for example. her brother wasn't... Ophelia was naive and pure. I don't think she was superficial in the play.
And so on. Sure the quote fits but as I've heard other versions of it.

It sucks. Watched 3 episodes and it was more than enough to look for something better.

Horrible pacing, actors AND actresses, the plots are edgy and those "life lessons" that insists that technology only exists to harm you and "we are all slaves, man" fucking sucks.

It's medicore and the ideas are facile but the fact is that it's the only show on TV that does what it does, so for its originality and uniqueness alone it's worth watching.

And there are episodes that are occasionally golden or have small elements within them that make it worth watching.

btw it's always been like this.

well that's actually interesting, I didn't remember that passage.
However, I don't think that's enough evidence to draw a comparison between the two.
I mean, the duality of femininity, in contrast with the integrity of masculinity has always been a recurring theme in western (anglosaxon) culture.

Women (or the feminine, I should say) being "double-faced" is really one of the most ancient leitmotivs in our collective opus.

You must be a huge success with the ladies.

>people acting like S1 and S2 were any better

Go rewatch them. The only good episodes from S1 and S2 were National Anthem, The Entire History of You, and Be Right Back.

Kek, I don't really know what to think about that. Girls whom I like usually like me back tho :P

White Christmas was the best.

When did that happen?

Episode 6 should have been a film.

It was sarcasm.

I guess when she's driving to the wedding reception and she crashes her bike into a small river.

the brother was a lot more emotional than any of the other characters in the episode. The girl was extremely naive in how she trusted the system right up until it started fucking her.

first episode is a bit too satiric. I think looking back it will be more well-regarded. Playtest is better, really well-directed. 3 and 4 are great, two of the best yet. Men Against Fire is okay, but kinda 'good concept, bad execution'. Haven't watched the last episode yet. So it does get better.

its good

>it's an user didn't even watch it and went off of Sup Forums memes episode

do us a favour and kys

'member the eighties?

I like the story a lot.
But I was dissapointed because Yorkie never lived actually, and life is more than an romantic relationship. But the story just gets stuck in romance is the most important thing.
So if Kelly actually choose to dissapear, Yorkie would have learned something new, but instead they just end in an eternal happy ending. And the implications of deleting yourself when you want are minimized, as much as the idea that Kelly gave about that there is no life after death, but at some point that is more real than the virtual life living in Junipero.

I didnt think this season was any different.

watched 5/6 of s3 and honestly if you are starting on season 3 that might be the problem, episode 1 was the weakest by far, practically just a fuck you too social media karma whores.

Seasons 1 and 2 were far better than 3 but 3 does get better though it has certainly lost a lot of what I liked.

I'd honestly not drop it until you've at least given the White Christmas episode a viewing, that and white bear are some of the most headfucky for me but that is all going to be subjective.

>Men Against Fire
What wes the point of the dreams?

BBV

Wut? Season 1 and 2 had some pretty shitty and lame episodes. There have been like three good episodes. Nothing too different,

Haha, this thread is filled with a bunch of sub-3s

The only objectively bad episodes are The Waldo Moment and Nosedive

The Waldo Moment is playing out irl right now

The Entire History of You wasn't their best, though. 15 million credits and White Bear blow it away.

1 Ok
2 Meh
3 Ok
4 Meh
5 Decent
6 Good

The last one was more the caliber Black Mirror was in the UK. The lack of limits and bigger budget largely tanked the season, though. Constantly tossing in pop songs and Buzzfeed made that worse. BM's world used to exist not only a step past ours, but without the familiar branding to make it even more alien to us.

that doesn't make it a good episode

It does to me. Life imitating art imitating life.

MAGA

Don't worry, now Britain isn't anymore in the EU.
I'm sure everything will turn all right now that those evil monsters in bruxelles can't do their hideous crimes against the british empire.
God save the queen!

>episode 3 unpreditable as fuck
it was the most predictable shit I have ever seen in my life, seriously meme troll face from 2008 and pedo/catabuser raids is nothing original
I knew what was gonna happen five minites in

No fooking way, national anthem is still the greatest, close followed by the pedo boy episode
Haven't seen the others yet though

I thought it was going to turn out that the girl was a roach and he had to kill her or some shit

I suppose they were to fool him into thinking he had a girl back home waiting for him to 'fight for' and the reason they got all fucked up was because he began to question her existence.

Best premise of any episode in the series desu, shame the execution was meh. They should have dropped the eugenics plotline.

Whole season was based, only issue is now that its migrated to netflix we need to read clappers opinions all the time

I thought they would be hunting Turks.

Think it was meant as a Pavlovian conditioning type affair with sex dream rewards helping to form a more efficient killing machine.

What I couldn't make out was why the ubermensch were living like shit. If so much was being spent on wiping out the so called unfit genetics you'd think they'd move the so called worthy to safer more advanced places.

Shitty episode desu, I spent so much time on Sup Forums I knew exactly what was going on about the time they did the whole inglorious bastards scene toward the beginning.

What episodes? So far I liked all of them. Some are sadder than others, but all are pretty scary and horrible.

About the same consistency as Twillight Zone.

>that feel when you are a 3.141

Season 1:
The National Anthem: 7/10
Fifteen Million Merits: 9/10
The Entire History of You: 8/10

Season 2
Be Right Back: 2/10
White Bear: 9/10
The Waldo Moment: 6/10

White Christmas: 9/10

Season 3:
Nosedive: 6/10
Playtest: 4/10
Shut Up and Dance: 8/10
San Junipiero: 3/10
Men Against Fire: 6/10
Hated in the Nation: 8/10

You didnt like BRB? Any reason why? I thought the execution was pretty good. It was a little slow, but the idea of bringing back dead people is pretty good.

First one was terrible, the two following ones convinced me to stick around.

I've stopped at San Junipero, which was good but I didn't really like the ending. I felt like they kind of broke the black woman's character, can't remember her name.

this series is atrocious. netflix needs to pull the plug.

>he do not like Techno Twilight Zone
Come on.

>Why is she wearing make up she's not even in the picture
>didn't even drink the alcohol

Unbelievable