Why is this objectively better than any other BM episode?

Why is this objectively better than any other BM episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VqKY9o5igAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

getting prime Zooey fibes from her

got me solid

Because we're contrarian.

Because it's the only episode where a white woman submits to BBV instead of BBC

It doesn't try to sneak in le epic twist and makes it more about the characters than a hip message about how everyone is, like, totally addicted to their phones.

thats not the national anthem

go back to your containment board

well done you just outted yourself as a pleb.
15 Million Merits is the 2nd best episode

Why would that matter? Are you saying this is the worst episode thus making it the best episode through Sup Forumss eyes?

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRD

Because mixed raced lesbians is a patrician fetish.

This episode was sentimental trash. And the worst kind of pandering.

paha kys virgin

Its not

Agreed.

I wonder how many people completely glossed over the /r9k/ eternal loner on the slot machines?

The whole thing smelt of SJW appeasement too me on many levels.

>have technology to literal immortality
>it is exclusively used to dance and get drunk on the beach in the 80s for eternity
i gotta say it made me a little mad

Worst episode of the season. Boring, pandering trash.

Well everyone saw it coming miles away and when it happened they dragged it for like half the episode.

I tried to watch the episode about gang stalking and it's to british for me to enjoy as an American

I was a racist homophobe until I saw this episode. White men truly are the evil holding civilization back.

Because you're one of these retards who thinks lgbt and le 80s pandering = quality.

holy shit I wasn't expecting such a cheesy and simplistic story, and even less with an optimistic use of technology.

But I somehow loved this. Best BM episode yet.

I didn't like it. BUt i didn't finish it

and the clothing/characterisation and cinematography itself was more than enough already

Then why even post in this thread you stupid faggot.

Come here.

>people still believe that 4ep had happy ending

not everyone is a NEET faggot

What virtual afterlife would you sign up for?

You must be stupid.

On many levels it did but I can see why someone might think otherwise.

If anyone knows the name of the track that was playing in this episode - not the 80's ones but the one made for the episode I'd be greatful to know its name.

you must be a butthurt basement dweller

But they did, multiple times. The fact Kelly and Yorkie are both old and dying was the first. The fact Greg was some random fat dude marrying Yorkie so she could suicide was the second. The fact Kelly has a massive speech about never ever and then says fuck it and joins in anyway is the third. It just has an upbeat ending, and it's not the only episode that does. And further than that the whole reason they get five hours a weak is so they don't, like, totally become addicted.

Sentimental trash is exactly right. The whole point of Black Mirror is the mirror, it's meant to comment on technology we have (or could have) and the way we do (or might) use it. San Junipero seems to imply a complete transfer of consciousness into a tiny mechanical processor (which is impossible without transferring our physical brains) but never actually goes deeper into it than that, it focuses entirely on the two characters and their love story and that's that, and it's neat and all but that's not what Black Mirror is about. It's really out of place and jarring just for the sake of being feel-good and pretty.

>Charlie Brooker: What you want fäm?
>Netflix: We want the tumblr audience
>Charlie Brooker: Say no more
>*ooh, heaven is a place on earth starts playing*

and yet I fucking loved this episode

youtube.com/watch?v=VqKY9o5igAI

Every season is the same, one really good, 1 or 2 average, and 1 or 2 awful.

How was it not a happy ending? They weren't trapped there, were they? I believe the white dyke mentioned they could end it all if they chose to.

It's not. It's a good episode but very overrated.

that song actually worked really well

>and then says fuck it and joins in anyway is the third.
You really don't understand why she changed her mind?

fuck i love the 80s, mackenzie a qt.

her face pisses me off

CHARLIE BROOKER IS A HACK.

Does beauty enrage you?

Because she's poorly written. The car crash was stupid.

If you identify with the gamer it becomes pretty sad, he's all alone finally works up the courage to speak to a girl and she dismisses him entirely.

Tries again same shit.

Some black girl takes somewhat of an interest in him plays DDR with him and the same girl he tried to connect with shows up and drags her away from him.

That is the truly tragic part IMO, an /r9k/er living eternity alone.

Hasn't a person's face ever pissed you off for no reason?

yeah, yours

what about 1 or 2?

You stupid bastard.

She realised that although she had the best time ever with her husband she wouldn't be giving that up to be with her new love in her new virtual life.

TL;DW She's not betraying her old life by having a new one.

Fucking moron. I swear tv should have iq tested logins before viewing.

>Charlie Brooker is 45
>user is, what? 15? 20 maybe?

>Charlie is rich, successful and has a wife with JUICY BIG curry flavoured tits
> user has, and let's be honest here, a wank sock next to his shitty 2005 Dell PC. And no life prospects.

Yeah. I'm betting Charlie's kicking himself that he hasn't got the respect of "people" like you.

>shitty 2005 Dell PC

As if they lasted more than 2 years

her tits aren't that big

S1

>Great
The Entire History of You
>Average
15 Million Merrits
>Shit
National Anthem

S2

>Great
White Bear
>Average
Be Right Back
>Shit
Waldo Moment

>Great
White Christmas

S3

>Good
Playtest
>Average
Everything that isn't Shut Up and Dance
>Shit
Shut Up and Dance

Except her entire thing wasn't about that at all and it was about how she couldn't bare the pain of living an eternity without her husband and daughter. And then she just changes her mind on that, with no development or action/interaction to facilitate it.

You should have at least a basic understanding of what you're talking about before calling anyone else stupid you dim little cunt.

I don't understand why you feel the need to defend the lifestyle of someone when another person shares an opinion on them as an artist.

>The Entire History of You

Have they written an episode that topped this yet? I know some people think White Christmas did but I don't.

>15 Million Merits - Average
>White Bear - Great

wow you should off yourself my man

>Big Black Vagina

Thicken her up a bit and they'd be juicy as a pair of ripe honeydews.

Busting all over them would be a duty not just a pleasure.

>I share a board with """"""people"""""" like this

So you disagreed with me by... agreeing with me?

>American detected.

I guess if you've had a pretty shit life you'd like white Christmas/white bear more than the entire history of you. When you live life believing it to be some sort of prison/punishment etc those two episodes really hit home.

Nothing in season 3 will likely top your list, Netflix's adoption of black mirror hasn't helped it get better.

I'm not agreeing with you at all. You claim she realised she wouldn't be betraying her old life by staying. I'm saying that that was never a god damn factor in the first place and something you only took away from the episode by being too stupid to follow what she was saying. Learn to read you fucking retard.

Proof?

1. San Junipero

2.15 Million Merits

3. White Christmas

trips of truth

>ywn be a qt lesbian partying and fucking your hot black gf forever
jdimsa

damn, didn't know about this feel until seeing the episode.

So were they just copies of the people or did they really upload their consciousness into a server-warehoused virtual playground?

Suicide wasn't an option in the end, was it...

The story presents it as if they really upload their consciousness but doesn't outright confirm either way.

i've seen a lot of shit rankings of the episodes but this might be the worst holy shit

it's physically impossible to upload your consciousness in the way that you mean, you are your neurons. Only way to experience that indefinitely is to be a brain in a jar that's kept alive and connected. Otherwise it's just a copy of you experiencing it.

Life is suffering user.

me on the right

True its not possible but they made it fairly clear that they were not mere copies.

it was made pretty clear that they were uploaded to a matrix of sorts and that they were experiencing it as if they went to sleep and woke up in that reality.

The whole being able to visit it whilst alive leave the VR and remember it for example wouldn't be possible else wise.

yeah it wasn't an issue they wanted to address for that episode so they just kind of ignored it. Charlie Brooker seems to understand it's an issue though since White Christmas is about creating digital copies of yourself while you're still alive. It's just that in San Junipero they only activate the copy at the moment of your death. Going over the metaphysics of how it's not "you" would've distracted from the upbeat ending he wanted.

>The whole being able to visit it whilst alive leave the VR and remember it for example wouldn't be possible else wise.

That's not true. Experiencing it whilst alive makes perfect sense and is perfectly plausible because the living visitor has a living brain and a neural interface is used to connect the brain into the system. Even if all the dead people are just cloned consciousness they can still interact with the living and when the living leave the simulation all they're basically doing is removing the neural interface and returning to reality.

Transferring consciousness and that consciousness continuing isn't plausible however because our brains are our consciousness and when our brains die that consciousness dies as well, regardless of whether it's been cloned or not.

This user gets it. I would still totally upload a copy of myself though. I'm already fucked, might as well give a form of myself a chance to explore immortality (in a digital Heaven to boot) for as long as he wants. I wouldn't end my life prematurely though, seems like the black lady was in good enough health despite her terminal illness if she was still able to travel.

>ransferring consciousness and that consciousness continuing isn't plausible however because our brains are our consciousness and when our brains die that consciousness dies as well, regardless of whether it's been cloned or not.

I'm not so sure of that as you seem too be.

>go back to your containment board
How come every time I see this type of response, it's always from the most Reddit pleb types. Stop trying so hard, you're not fooling anybody.

Why not?

Good Atmosphere but horrible ending.

People still pretend like white bear isn't the best episode?

they're just copy's anyway. also not entirely sure if the black chick went through with it, she might've been just an projection to the white chick

don't get so assblasted about it pal

You are the information that your nervous system contains, not the system itself.

I don't know why people like it. Until they reveal what's going on at the end the entire idea of the episode is just retarded.

Depends on which "you" you're trying to talk about. That's the you that YOU, and everyone else perceives. But in my own subjective experience I am more than just my own information. A copy could be made of me with the same memories and personality, but from my perspective it would not be me, even if it would be to everyone else. I don't suddenly start perceiving reality from that clone's perspective.

im not watching black mirror anymore ince the creator said he is anti alt-right

>but from my perspective it would not be me
But from his it would be, and that's no less valid than your perspective. There would just be two of you in that situation, branching off from the point where you were copied.

There isn't one episode about people being addicted to their phones.

Nosedive was about forcing political correctness, it was also a comedy

>There would just be two of you in that situation
And one of those two still dies.

Right, but the other one is still you.

>Nosedive was about forcing political correctness
No it wasn't, it was about social status and popularity.

>he likes white bear
>he likes shut up and dance

at least no one likes The Waldo Moment.

Still no idea how people like White bear. Most pointless dumb episode ever, but its fast paced and violent so it holds peoples tiny attention spans

that was how they forced the political correctness you retard.

The episode ends with her happy shouting fuck you. Believe it or not Nosedive had a happy ending.

Yeah but if the point is to create a digital afterlife for the person, you still understand that the original consciousness does not go along for the ride. It isn't like you mix them up or lose track of who's who.

is there a worse episode than the waldo moment?

Its got a decent message about taking politics seriously, but its not plausible at all so it just ruins the episode. Also the characters are lame

I've never felt love so I didn't connect to it emotionally as much, so I didn't enjoy it as much.

I connected to Shut Up and Dance much more.

>some degenerate love story crossed with the matrix

this episode was genuine shit and you're a virgin if you think otherwise pretending you be trapped in the place they were with your anime wife

national anthem is objectively worse than the waldo moment.

As its set in some sort of near future where, somehow, no one knows what a fucking troll is.

No it isn't. I think therefore I am. Everything beyond that is subjective. When you clone a consciousness there are two individuals that are thinking separately. One of those individuals is you and the other is the clone. When your brain ceases to function you cease to think and as such your consciousness dies, regardless of whether the clone continues.