Just Saw This: AMA

Would give it a 6.5 out of 10. Thought it was very mediocre

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5X7BOKnepNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Worth seeing on the big screen for the spectacle/FX or nah?

What is stan lees cameo?
What is the end credits scene?

Is Dormmamu in it? Just answer yes or no, dont go into details

How much does Marvel pay for shilling in comparison to DC?

>6.5/10
>mediocre
>not above average

lrn2math, dumbo.

Was pretty good special effects. Would say yes

>What is stan lees cameo?
>What is the end credits scene?

Stan Lee cameo is very short, he is just sitting on a bus. Funny though.

2 end credits: strange is talking to Thor and mordo becomes evil

>65
>mediocre

Very much so yes

Different scoring systems, deal with it faggots

Learn how to rate something
>less than 4 = shit
>4-6.9 = mediocre
>7=good
>8=very good
>9=fantastic
>10 = N/A since there is no such thing

According to who?

why ask that when you complain someone's rating of 65 being mediocre?

5 is mediocre, you fucking retard. Go learn what the word mediocre means and get the fuck out.

Mads and Swinton were great in this.

Shame about Dormammu and the stupid comedy being inserted at the most tonally inappropriate times.

The comedy in the first half of the movie was fine, the second half became a slightly frustrating quip fest.

Sorry mate, OP here, yes I agree with most of your rating system. You get a gold star from me

Will I ever experience love?

Well then you don't know shit about movies, critics gave it 98% one of the best movies ever made.

OP here, I found that the film was very rushed, which I didn't appreciate at all. Thought some of the quips were fine, but yeah, it's a marvel film, most of it was forced

Yes, but only in the two-dimensional form

10 is Revenant, Snatch, The Thing and so on.

Agreed. This felt like a movie that could have used twenty more minutes if anything to make the stakes of the action that bit more gravitas.

The transition from Strange's tuition to actual wizard is hilariously short after the "sink or swim" moment.

As good as which marvel movie is it?

I know it's a joke post, but you guys have no excuse to not know about RT scoring system when it's posted here all the time now. It had a 98% fresh, but the the average was 6. The % is not the score.

youtube.com/watch?v=5X7BOKnepNo

I just saw this too, and you should ask ME anything about it, because I don't rate out of 10 like a pleb. I rate out of check this 5

Strange was good btw, not mediocre.

wrong

I'm watching it tomorrow.

>taking ratings advice from a fucking autist

Well, this question could use an answer

>le movie rating is the same as school grading :P
How's sophomore year going?

8.5665463553536 out of 10

DC better

What school even grades from that system?

Not him but that system works well for averaged overall reviews, for instance an average metacritic of 65 would often be mediocre

OP here, it was about as good as either the first Thor or the incredible hulk. which btw i thought were shit

The Hulk was incredible though.

HA I get it

Well of course is wrong, I'd probably rate it alongside Ant-Man or perhaps the first Cap movie. Pretty decent.

It had some good bits, like the new york fight, but the first half was very rushed. Also being a brit, I absolutely hated cucumbers american accent. What made it decent for you?

>thinking Im a young lad
Its nice knowing how wrong you are.

Is it true he's just a big purple face?

Just came back from it too.

Thought it was pretty average.

There wasn't really a final battle, just a lot of skirmishes and Strange didn't do much

yes

I saw it its shit

this

Looks very mediocre. Not a single compelling frame in any of the trailers I've seen.

Also a brit, felt his accent was suspect at points but mostly managed to ignore it. And yeah, like has been mentioned previously, Strange's training seemed kinda rushed, could've used more time to show his exploits while exploring the history of the monastery place and the nature of magic etc

As for the good things:

Fantastic visuals to represent the other dimensional stuff, I thought they were great on the big screen.

Mads and Tilda were great, I enjoyed their performances a lot. Tilda especially brought that sense of wisdom and enjoyment at breaking through to Strange and "widening the keyhole".

And overall, a good introduction to the more magic/mystical aspects of the MCU. Not overwhelming, sets up Strange and his world nicely, plus it's a well contained story in its own right. Oh, and the villain confrontation at the end is a nice change from the norm too!

>nice change from the norm too!

It was literally Guardians of the galaxy tier beating the final boss

or Fantastic 4 Galactus tier

The ending confrontation was so awful, it felt like something out of doctor who. The effects were nice, but not groundbreakingly good. Just thought they approached the whole magic thing in such a rushed way, that it made it feel silly for me.

Wait. Is it in the theaters already? How come no one is talking about it??

UK only

Is the pacing slow

yes

did it have that violin music of anticipation all the way through it like Batman: Begins...?

I suppose I liked it was Strange outsmarting his opponent, not directly fighting. He brought in an outside problem to confront Dormammu, this seemingly all powerful being of his own dark dimension. Strange threatened to trap him forever by means he didn't anticipate, basically giving him a "No! This can't be happening! I'm in charge here!" moment.

I thought it was fun anyway.

OP here, no, its the opposite. It's incredibly rushed, its stupid

>le no perfect movie
Then a 9 becomes your 10 you fucking dipshit twat.

It made sense in what he did but it was just him literally memeing dormmamu to death

I personally think it was bad having Strange confront him this early considering how the end credits pretty much set up Strange 2

Ever rating anything as a 10 is a mistake. It implies that there not only isn't anything better yet, but that there can be nothing better ever, only equals.

Skipping this just like Antman. Looks boring.

Going to see Madea halloween movie instead!

Well that's disappointing.

It's subjective, idiot. How the fuck do you reconcile the fact that you know it's subjective and yet still make it about objectivity???
And not only that, if you believe something to be better than a previous 10 perhaps you misrated it.

Are you familiar with the concept of asymptotic approach?

What does Dormammu look like?

not that