Who was the worst character in the office

Who was the worst character in the office

And why is it kevin or gabe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Om11M9LYJak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's Andy.

Andy was good for the first two seasons he was in. Then he just went full reddit

Jim

Andy didn't start as the worst character but he definitely became it
He was best as a goofy guy who had anger issues but then they had to throw in the Erin relationship and make him boss which pretty much meant him imitating Michael

Toby.

I always found erin to be annyoing

Same tier with ryan/kelly being hipsters

Are you kidding gabe and Kevin are mid/top tier. The worst is Jim and Pam they simply aren't very funny and relatively cringey. Meredith kind of sucks too imo.

Ryan being hipster as fuck in the later seasons was pretty funny IMO

Ryan is a weasely little shit that deserved to get BTFO at every turn.

Everyone who joined the show after Michael left was awful.

I would say Andy as well, he really just became unbearable post Michael

Erin is pretty bad too, LOL SO RANDUM the character

Of course the two new guys in the final season are fucking horrible as well, but there is no reason to keep watching after Michael

Wow, so nobody has called this faggot out for being a faggot yet for calling gabe one of the worst characters on the show? He was a later season diamond in the rough, one of the few reasons to actually pay attention during the dreadful seasons 6-8. He is the patrician choice, and you are a dumb faggot for thinking otherwise.

Kevin is trash

James Spader character was

nah m8 Kevin got really bad as the show went on, first 2-3 seasons he was an ok deadpan, questionably autistic character. After that he literally went full retard because the average demographic (fucking idiots) thought it was heeelarious when he couldn't spell words or count or know stuff

Andy was pretty terrible. He had his moments, but a lot of his shtick was redundant with dwight and was only good when he was comfy in his prep-school overenthusiastic competitive anger problem self. When he got le random he was boring because of redundancies with other characters, and the whole angela thing was for the most part dreadful. Of the main cast though he's only the second worst. The worst is, by far, Kevin. Nellie was bad but wasn't around long enough to matter that much

Robert California without a doubt

Kevin is bad in the later seasons no doubt, but he is a pretty typical comedy show trope, the dumb fat guy, its nothing new at all.

The other new additions to the cast are much worse

but the characters arent even the same in the later seasons, everyone becomes shit

Fucking Catherine Tate

RUH DUH DUH DOOOOO

It's Andy. His increased role directly correlated with the show's quality declining.

a) kevin is not just 'dumb fat guy.' He is impossibly, inhumanly stupid, to the point where it destroys the internal logic of the show wanting to present itself as a near-realistic setting. Go on youtube and look up a compilation of Kevin bullshit, it is complete trash.

b) Kevin's character was sabotaged long before the other characters, most of whom were only drastically altered once michael left and the writers felt they had to overcompensate by making everyone else incrementally more zany. Kevin was granted down's syndrome by season 4

Pam

If your answer is anyone other than that fat disgusting cunt Phyllis with her nasty teeth you are wrong. I get sick of posting all the reasons she's so awful so I won't, but to sum it up she is only acceptable being the butt of the joke. Never once said anything remotely funny or served any purpose to a plot other than being fat

yes, her point was to be the butt of the joke for like 90 percent of her screentime. Congratulations for figuring that out

>mfw
It's like you've never worked in an office before and seen a Phyllis type.

Gabe is great. Op a fag. Gabe and Michael scenes are always hilarious

That's not the point of the thread genius. How is she not the worst?

Maybe cuz there are worse characters like anyone introduced after season 5?

dude hes tall and skinny lmao
The Halloween party was pure kino though

a more reductive, less insightful summary of his character would be impossible. Great job user, you've proven that you have the sought after attention span that people like Chuck Lorre are shooting for

>Gabe
>bad

This is why Ricky Gervais had such a cynical opinion about the intelligence of american audiences, everybody just tunes in to see Dwight do Karate and Andy go riddiddo or whatever the fuck

Of the core characters Pam, Kelly and Andy were objectively the worst.

On the flip side Dwight, Ryan and Meredith were objectively the best.

>I like characters that exist only to be punching bags oh god I can't stop sucking cocks
I wish I could help you, but this is something you'll have to fix yourself.

this nigger fucking gets it

That woman with a baby who came over in the merger. Nothing redeemable about her at all. Can't even remember her name just that she was a giant cunt.

SHHHH!

creed

Michael Scott

Ya that's true he was definitely a spotty character. Prime Kevin was Decent. Im not saying he's going to mop up at the dundies though. So many characters morph from good to shit to back again ie Andy, Kelly/ryan, jan

Erin was CUTE

Fuck off Dwight.

Andy is by far the worst. He was fun for a little bit as some sort of mirror for Michael. It was also great when he lost his shit, but he shouldn't have come back after that. The show really started to suck though when Andy became centerstage. I never thought that Michael carried the show, I just felt that it was more of an ensemble, but holy shit did they fail in trying to fill his void. Even though I liked Robert California.

Off Topic: I just wish they utilized creed a little more

ANDY
N
D
Y

Or maybe Jan.

>You are dumb if you don't share my opinion.

TOBY

no, you are dumb if your opinion is dumb. which it is

dude, Hannah Smoteridge-Barr. She was worth it for that name alone

Why would anyone give a fuck about Pricky Germface and his bullshit opinions? The guy's a self-righteous, arrogant little cunt. Fuck that dude, and fuck you for revering his opinions.

that was toby for the entire show's run, there's something really funny about a character who just gets shit on 100% of the time despite not deserving it in the slightest. That was phyllis because she was fat and Michael was just a roast-machine, and that was Toby because he was a meek little cunt and Michael was a bully whenever he could. That is funny.

But I'll let you hang on to your Kevin-isms and Dwight randomness, there's plenty of that in the show for retards like you

The British Office was fantastic and 100 % due to Gervais' writing. So what if he's a cunt, he's got a good comedic mind, and he's spot on about Americans largely being moronic buffoons who love 'fat guy fall down go boom' humour

Meemaw

Ryan was great when he got the promotion and thought he was a big shot. He shouldve left way earlier than than he did though.

If we're talking about long term characters:
>if you can split it up, it's season 5+ Pam
>if not it's Kevin

If shorter ones are allowed:
>Nelly
>Robert California
>basically everyone introduced after season 6

Andy cannot be the worst because pre-anger management Andy was the best.

Same for Ryan, as pointless and lost as he was in the later seasons, he was a beast during his VP season.

>pre-anger management Andy was the best
I am so horny...

Todd Packer

Ryan sucked dick. Shitty temp never knew his place and was cucked by Darrell from the warehouse on multiple occasions. Liking Kelly means you favor whores as well.

DISGUSTING

Kelly was CUTE.

Not only is Andy the worst character in The Office. But the actor who plays him is the worst character in everything he's in.

Andy wasn't that bad. But yeah, he wasn't great.

Probably Michael Scott, if he was a real person I would hate him more than anyone else on the show.

Galifinakis was worse in Hangover

Kill yourself

Michael Scarn, like wtf was wrong with that guy? Killing the mexican was innecesary and in the end he didn't jailed the president.

Completely this. His ending was so shitty as well - he's like some bum that gets a pity job from his old university?

Have you ever met someone like Michael Scott that is always trying to be the center of attention by being "funny"? Those people are insufferable to be around.

Stanley and Creed are the best imo.

The Mexican knew too much for him to let live. The president I can agree with though. That was just lazy writing.

This guy doesn't get comedy.

Holly was just a poor man version of Michael with boobs. A literal Mary Sue.

nah, she was tricked into thinking kevin was retarded.

being gullible is a flaw desu

>being this wrong
He carried the fucking show while he was on. Without him the show is nothing.

If 'comedy' is making an already kind of delayed guy into a complete blithering retard halfway through the show for no reason, with such greatest hits as wearing shoeboxes to a wedding, only able to do math when it involves pies, and doesn't know the english alphabet, then yup I definitely don't get 'comedy'. Must take a truly brilliant mind to appreciate those gems

Kevin sucks. Gabe, however, is the best latter-season character.

Not all Kevin scenes were great but he had lots of great moments.

youtube.com/watch?v=Om11M9LYJak

So you think this is funny?

Gabe and Ryan were my least favorite. Andy was fine but the shit with Erin fucked him up. Erin was pretty insufferable as well.

I finished reaching the series the other day and found Dwight was my favorite and I liked his back and forth with Jim and Pam.

Micheal was this weird thing where he's kind of an asshole but he's also really fucking sad so I pity him more than dislike him. I was happy for him at the end though I thought it was shit that he was never seen after he left until the finale. Not even a phone or video call even though they made this big thing about how the office is a family.

in the first 3 seasons. He was funny maybe twice in the remaining 6

It is.

Found the redditor. Phew that was close

I have it from good sources the producers came up with Gabe so the entire cast wouldn't look so shitty

wow that sure backfired, considering he was the best character from season 6 onward

I love Stanley.

It's a pretty sharp commentary on the millennial texting phenomenon that has dumbed down the language.

I believe you are too stupid to understand the message and thought it was just hurr hurr kevin's speaking like a caveman that's so dumb.

Have the creators ever confirmed what mental disorder Micheal's character actually has?

Phyllis and Kevin.

The problem was that a human being would never conceivably do that in a realist setting, which The Office is. I believe you are too stupid to understand that shows and films have their own systems of internal logic that get compromised when characters act outside of the realm of believability

Has the "Shove it up your butt" gag ever made anyone laugh?

Kevin is not an average human being. In fact he is fictional character.

From what I remember it was a lead in sketch where they don't normally adhere to the current storyline or general canon of the series. I just don't think you were smart enough to understand the underlying message.

The premise of the office is that it's set in a mundane, quotidian office setting where the cast acts as reactionary to the ludicrous characters of Michael and Dwight. Whereas those two are obnoxious and off-the-wall, their actions are loosely believable because their pathos are explained throughout the show. Not only does Kevin do things that only a spongebob squarepants character would do (you clearly don't seem to understand the fact that it is not ok to act this way in a realist setting), but as the show progresses his character is clearly and deliberately altered to detract any believability the character originally had. In the first few seasons, Kevin was stupid, but seemed like an actual human being, which is what a show like The Office requires of its supporting cast. God Damnit I shouldn't have to explain this like I'm teaching addition to a toddler

I could have linked you to probably 15 other moments as embarrassingly stupid as that one that don't belong to the same episode. Shall I?

Pam was CUTE.

Creed is the worst character. Runner ups are Andy and Kevin. If we count characters around for only 1-2 seasons, Nellie is also trash

Kevin was pants in head retarded like Michael and Dwight but only showed that in later seasons. Wow, what a big deal.

Kevin was on another level of retarded, ruined immersion in the show (for me obviously). Also, seeing embarrassing trends in writing caliber as a show goes on really ruins a itfor me. Maybe you don't care as long as you're moderately entertained, I guess that's fine

You can't have a rational conversation about this show because all the characters change fundamentally after season 4. It loses all consistently

You'll see people talk brutal shit about Jim, Pam, and Andy even though they were perfectly well rounded characters when the show was good. I don't see any point in criticizing specific characters after the show went to shit, because when the show was good none of them were bad.

Absolutely.

>stupid anger issues make him have fits
>won't shut the fuck up about Cornell
>thinks he is the best singer in the world
>his main career strategy is kissing ass and being fake
>always ruins everything
>absolutely cucked by Dwight over and over, Dwight even picked him in the Sumo fights
>terrible salesman
>rich kid
>treated Erin of all people like shit
>the way he dresses

Andy is the worst.

Stanley is second.

>terrible salesman too
>would talk shit about how others did their job while he consciously did less than bare minimum
>they said shit about Kevin, but he was fattest of all, he had a heart attack because he thought there was a fire, at least Kevin raced in Flunkerton
>so amazingly lazy he would not go on a sure sale to one of the biggest accounts his company would have despite the fact that he works on commission