Is this secretly the best Star Wars?

Is this secretly the best Star Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jDs2UGCP2Fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It does the most for Luke Skywalker as a character. But otherwise? No.

Why is the lightsaber blue?

HOPE>JEDI>EMPIRE

This is kino order.

It really is.

was probably an early teaser

George changed to green in post production because of how blue didn't look good against the sky

almost, the battle on hoth is great, as is yoda's training of luke. it all falls apart when they go to cloud city

No. It's the third best.
It's still great for roughly half of the movie, which makes it easily better than the newer four.

4=5>6>>>>(power gap)>2=3

Beginning is great, ending is weak. The Vader fight was objectively better in ESB as well. One of the problems is that Luke's development is skipped and we suddenly see him as a much more powerful Jedi, without any context.

inb4 it's in a comic or book

But the Cloud City fight was pretty good desu

TFA is objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made. Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase, a group that can in laymans terms be described as dickless permavirgin aspies. These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out to himself be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspies in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.

What if I read of the fucking Ewoks they had a base of conscripted Wookie slaves on the Forest moon; and the strike team communicates with them via Chewie to start a revolt, so the battle of Endor becomes Wookies tearing off storm trooper arms instead of the god damn Ewoks?

fucking this.
I wouldn't say it's the best one desu, V and IV are great too.

I never understood the RoTJ is bad meme.

>Muh ewoks

they weren't bad enough to rank it below any one of the PT movies including episode 3.

It was ok, the tie fighters were better than the x-wings, so kinda unrealistic

It isn't bad. But among the original trilogy it is easily the worst.

Why is 3 last senpai?

Yea

I can respect that notion but I have seen so many rankings here that have it below episode 3 and it triggers me so

Pretty much this. Luke learns some stuff by himself, since he's not visited Yoda since ESB. That final showdown between Luke and Vader is fantastic.

best space battle, including the prequels
so yes it was the best of the star wars

Ewoks are kinda dumb but don't bother me all that much. I still think it's the worst of the OT, but only marginally, as opposed to some who think it's actually bad, which is silly.
I'd have to watch them both again but I do remember thinking VII was just slightly better than VI, but thinking back on it I don't know if I hold the same opinion now because, while well-made, VII is much less memorable than VI.

Trump

>Second Death Star

Gary Kurtz thought Lucas was joking when he was first told about it.

i never realized until recently that a lot of people don't like the ewoks. I get it, but they never bothered me either. let's be friends.

Yes. The 'empire is the best' is a meme perpetrated by plebs who can't form their own opinion.

>muh darkest
>muh maturity
>muh muppets in jedi

Fuckers probably think any of the none OT are good

Its dumb as fuck, but atleast it worked out somehow.

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Holiday Special >>>>>>>>>>>>> 2

Wrong.

I recently realized that C3P0 is actually the protagonist of A New Hope. We're with him from the beginning, and only meet Luke 20 minutes into the movie. Even then he's pretty useless. C3P0 decides to look for R2, and when they find him, Luke gets beaten up by sand people.

When I recently marathoned all 7 movies, I thought it was the most boring one. Literally turned it off 30 minutes early.
am i being meme'd? you're describing The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope is my favorite tbqh

It's no secret to those who saw it before the internet told them what to hate. It's obviously the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=jDs2UGCP2Fk

3:20

The whole resuing Han arch and the confrontation with Darth Vader and the Emperor are probably my favorite moments in the series, but the ewoks, useless Han, useless Leia being related to Luke subplot, and the Death Star 2.0 greatly decreases the movie's quality. Also you have to watch the special edition or else you're stuck with that awful yubyub song as the trilogy's finale theme.

Fuck no. The best will always be Empire.

RotS is objectively the best Star Wars movie.

The original trilogy are among the best sci fi films ever made, but RotS provides me with endless enjoyment and only gets funnier with every viewing. It's truly the only kino that can compete with Dark Knight Rises.

yes! holy shit, finally someone understands

No secret. Most bang for the buck and gets to friggin point.
Points deducted for teddy bears, though.

Any questions?

short answer: GOD YES

I actually got to see this one in the cinema when I was like 4 years old