I bet the patriarchy is behind this

>But really, why would a woman want to come here? An entire genre of film can attest to the appeal of the Old West as the ultimate male fantasy. Like so many of HBO’s programs, particularly its dramas, the park is billed as a unisex adventure but is pretty clearly designed for men. It’s not as universally appealing as its engineers would have us believe.

archive.is/gl9bY

WOULD YOU GUYS STOP IT WITH YOUR MALE FANTASY??? LIKE SERIOUSLY THE WILD WEST IS SUCH A MALE FANTASY!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Step_into_the_Past
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wonder how crazy sjws and feminists would go if deadwood and sopranos came out today

To be fair, the west is mainly appealing to white men who feel like they were born in the wrong generation and missed out on the freedom of the 'Wild Wild West'.

This childlike fantasy chooses to ignore the groups of minorities living in squalor and oppression on the east coast. The only people who idolize this time period are those who stand to benefit the most from its existence: white men.

even game of thrones would have been ripped harder if it had premiered in say 2014 instead of 2011. HBO got lucky with that.

Did this writer posit ANYTHING that could be a "Female Fantasy"?

Because that concept couldn't possibly be put forth without immediately being shot down as "Sexist Stereotyping".

Looks like these idiot just stumbled on the truth comedians have known for years, Time travel to the past is EXCLUSIVELY a white fantasy.

Nah. Asians are obsessed with that shit too

Did they miss the part where the lesbo guest ate pussy, shot people to death and had a generally fun time?
Or would that ruin their narrative.

>Time travel to the past is EXCLUSIVELY a white fantasy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Step_into_the_Past

>Did this writer posit ANYTHING that could be a "Female Fantasy"? ecause that concept couldn't possibly be put forth without immediately being shot down as "Sexist Stereotyping".

That's why it's only used in echo chambers now, though it was everywhere about two years ago. You'll rarely see the term now to describe media because they know that will be the first question and critique they get.

>Looks like these idiot just stumbled on the truth comedians have known for years, Time travel to the past is EXCLUSIVELY a white fantasy.

The fuck are you on about

All they do is bitch

Most of the free world has tuned out this constant drone of complaining about pop culture. Why haven't you?

it gets worse

The "Wild West" wasn't even that good for white men. It was barely good for anybody. Read All the Pretty Horses.

I'm mexican and I would love to go to Westworld and roleplay as a bandito stealing the white women from the white cucks

lmao

This article was a ruse to make it seem it's a "show for guys".
No, it's still crap and it's effeminate and dumb and PC

just don't give these """"journalists"""" attention

You're supposed to be mexican but you can't spell bandido? Nice try Josh

Bandito is the english translation of bandido, for some reason, compadre

Mata'te imbecil

I think he was trying to spell bandaid

Not to mention blonde snake tattoo, black British madam remembering stuff, and Dolores herself slowly becoming a cowboy.

Oh, and the tech who's the only one who seems to be concerned with any of it rather than a philosophical babbler.

Literally the only part that is specifically male leaning is the fact that there are female prostitutes. When a woman joined a crew, she was treated as an equal, because she was a guest (she also happened to be a lesbian, but they catered to that too.)

It's the wild west. If women don't want to be cowgirls, don't go to Westworld. If men don't want to be cowboys, go to Knotts Berry Farm instead.

Black men don't have to fantasize about the wild west because they're already shooting each other and raping women every day.

I have NEVER ONCE seen a female writer describe female fantasies and how people should cater to them. They seem only to exclusively complain about male fantasies, and literally EVERYTHING is apparently a male fantasy.

My girlfriend and I both love this show.

It makes exactly *neither* of us wish we lived in the Wild West—not even me, a guy who was (last time I checked) white.

The further into the episodes we go, the more the female characters gain awareness and decide to take no more shit. In fact, other female friends of ours are liking the show more and more.

We all win. The Wild West loses.

>"I posted this earlier before I got BTFO by some guy coming in early mentioning Marti. Maybe if I post it again that guy won't come back and fuck up my bait thread"

Get a real job, OP.

the world sucks now

>white dude speaking for his gf

Hate to break it to you bro but she's already banging someone else because you're smothering.

Lesbians are basically men. At least for the sake of this argument they're making.

>The Wild Wild West
>Existing at any point in time
It was never like any of the film or TV-shows.

So this is what Marsden has been up to

>supposedly toned it out
>dominate force in pop culture and politics
>"j-just k-keep ignoring them b-bros, they'll g-go away."

why did you repost this again?

>character development
>I'M SAD

>history is misogynistic

not him

but it's time to step away from Sup Forums

Next you're going to him it's probably not some "ethnic" with a swinging and massive BBC.

>Park full of horny cowboys
>Guns available for anyone

I forgot women don't like sex and violence. What a boring place for them. I'm sure every dainty lady there doesn't get gangbanged by a bunch of hombres and then go shoot some outlaws.

>mfw Logan keeps fucking up my immersion of the old west

But Delores is pretty much the main character

Wtf are these retarded journalists fucking problem?

she's right, westworld would be a sausage fest of "adventurers."

Most LARPs are.

She absolutely is. Evan has top billing as well.

Here scenes are so fucking lame and boring, now the man in black he is interesting.

I'm glad they went with making him a guest instead of a host.

>'not a unisex adventure'

Yeah it's not like the show is currently focusing on not just one, but two female characters gaining sentience or anything

Haven't watched the last two episodes. Have they given him any motive that doesn't seem to be just getting the high score, or solving strange quests?

He wants to find the secret level.

Westworld should start focusing on some real issues. Like the government grants that allow horribly disfigured people to go once a month so they can feel human contact.

Was that actually established?

>Like the government grants
>$40,000 for human contact
That would be absurdly stupid investment and they shouldn't put it because of how contrived it would be.

That's still his primary motivation, but he mentioned that his plan is to never leave the park if he reaches the end of the maze.

They also dropped some hints about his life outside. Another guest recognises him and tries to thank him for his foundation saving the guy's sister's life, but the MiB quickly tells him to shut the fuck up or he'll cut his throat. He's on his fucking vacation.

Is westworld actually legitimately good/?

Okay. Not seeing any reason why they would create a secret level that almost nobody would ever reach, or what that could possible be to motivate someone to never leave.

ugh white men are the WORST

>What is an arcade?
You really can't see why a secret hard to find level would be put into a game that charges to play...?

Well, that's the mystery.

The levels aren't so compelling that nobody would want to do anything but play it again. Also, creating such a level in a theme park such as West World seems more ambitious than a secret level in any arcade.