What would you say the differences between America and Britain are? Culturally, that is

What would you say the differences between America and Britain are? Culturally, that is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bfw8fWUQKnE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never met a yank so i can't say.

The US is not an Anglo country for 1.

All memes aside, English is not an official language and even setting an official language would be a hot topic.

America lost what little Anglo credibility it had after Ellis Island immigration and later migrations from those affected by Soviets.

>English is not an official language

Isn't it?

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are written in English. So you're not required to learn it but no need to be ignorant of the law.

But no one is required to print/publish in English. Even schools will have a translator available if you're new to the area.

The have the same fake way of indirect communication and would consider Germans blunt.

Well there you go, I didn't know that.

The US has no official language but English is what is primarily spoken and written.

I would say that Americans tend to be more optimistic in general than Brits.

>But no one is required to print/publish in English.

This was only changed very recently due to a surpremen court ruling in the late 60s. Before that federal authorities often closed down non-English-speaking publications.

>fake way of indirect communication
Just accept 'no' the first time you hear it.

>the late 60s.
Yes, up until then people came to America from all over the world. The true poor and uneducated, not war torn refugees who wont fight.

That included latin Americans, Eastern Europeans and Asians. All spoke their own languages at home and didnt even bother speaking to many people if they were out and about.

Its the old timers (greatest generation) who prided their homelands (Hungarians, Cubans, Vietnamese etc).

>Americans like guns, British folks don't
>different sports
>republic vs monarchy

America is more conservative, UK is more liberal.

>republic vs monarchy
That debate was settled long ago, with Republics being more favorable.

>UK just elected a Conservative-Christian Fundamentalist government.
>News articles already out about how the Tories are prepared to give in to demands for abortion law changes

Lets not pretend our current meme scenario is what's usually the case.

We get inoculated fairly early on with the idea of self-promotion. Speaking up about your skills, experiences, and knowledge is considered good form.

Brits by comparison, or at least the English, seem to abhor admitting any form of competence or knowledge of any subject whatsoever.

British culture is based around a lot of silly, arcane, medieval traditions--they're more backwards culturally than many European cunts.

To be fair, we don't have an official language either.

After the War of 1812, the United States developed a stronger national identity and desire to break away from British culture.

My what a meaningful and helpful comment coming from everyone's favourite country.

>The Tories
>Conservative

I love UK Culture
basically just watch things like Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, and Harry Potter :)

But what if he has a sexual emergency? How will he ficki ficki?

>60% "white" including spics
>how many of those are Anglo?
>took everything England had to offer then rebelled
>Literally everything good about America can be traced back to Anglo heritage
>still ungrateful
>USA
>Anglo

No.

REEEEE FUCK YOU!

One constantly the other constantly gets shot.

>pakis take hundreds of girls in sexual slavery
>ignored because of the thought if being labeled racist
>punishment over anti islam tweets
>islam radicals tweet openly

No

>English is not an official language
Yes it is you retarded spic

I watch the US movies from the 50s and 60s and they even speak with a sort of weird British accent with Yank twangs.

Everyone is white too, they all look Anglo and Germanic with the odd Mexican or Italian.

Fuck off.

The Transatlantic accent. Leia even had one in ANH so it still existed until 1977.

Are you both retarded?

fuck you and your sarcasm

>>took everything England had to offer then rebelled
Ask us before you tax us

Say squirrels.

The secret of this word is that you have to mumble it, like Skuirls.
Worked good for me.

no theyre correct

No they aren't

britain is more serious and passive aggessive while america is more optimistic and naive.
(both in a good way)

Not federally but about half the states have English as an official language.

southern english makes them wet

Clearly you are.

>>News articles already out about how the Tories are prepared to give in to demands for abortion law changes

Don't be a fucking spastic.

Leia's speech is rhotic

we're actually good at soccer

Yes the transatlantic accent. England's brave Cary Grant being one of the most famous users of it.

Not him, but yes they are.

Transatlantic accent:
youtube.com/watch?v=Bfw8fWUQKnE

bit triggered

It was a specific way of speaking they used in those days because it was easier to pick up with the microphones of that era. People didn't talk like that in normal conversation.

Only Alabamaish gets me wet.

it's pretty much the same for most of the states

Good, good.

Transatlantic was a phony accent that actors liked to put on.