Guatemala protests against Mexican newspaper for discriminatory cartoon

prensalibre.com/guatemala/politica/cancilleria-reclamara-por-caricatura-de-medio-mexicano

So apparently, a Mexican newspaper published a racist cartoon against Guatemalans. Ironic, because Mexico complains every single day about the racism they face in the United States.
Also, fun fact: did you know that Mexico treats illegal immigrants from Guatemala way harsher than the US treats illegal Mexicans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svkkhK6-f_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's racist about it?

the cartoon is cropped, it says something like "I dont understand why we had to travel such a long distance to get a cleaning lady" and there is a native woman behind the guy. it seems the Mexican president recently visited Guatemala.

>there is a native woman behind the guy
It's not a woman but the former Mexican governor that was captured in Guatemala.

How can Hispanics be racist against other Hispanics? They all have a little black and Indio blood

We and blacks can't be racist, only whites can.

top kek

guateMALA got rekt

>Mexico complains every single day about the racism they face in the United States.

Who?

This

They just failed to understand it.

It's obviously talking about Duarte, but I don't get it either tbqhwy

Lol i laughed

Holy shit its gold

lol dumb cerotes

tfw most people only say Guatemala when saying From Guatemala to Guatepeor.

It is kinda in bad taste, but I could see why the dude who draw it thought this was fine, after all Native Mexican women also work as maids in the USA. He probably thought "there is no way this is racist, we are pretty much the same as them."

wrong, WE WUZ not the same

Pretty much this. And also our natives in Chiapas are practically the same as the ones in Guatemala, Duarte and his family were in Chiapas for a while so lets say he was captured in Chiapas, if the cartoon was about they coming from there instead of Guatemala, these "offended" people wouldn't say a shit.

Se le va a salar hasta la sopa

Kek

Would Mexicans get butthurt over the caricaturist portraying their maid as a Native American women tho (in an scenario where for example the maid was from the south of Mexico and not Guatemala)?? I think you would

M E X I C A C A

it's current year brah, of course people would get mad about anything

That's stupid southern mexicans from mexico look similar to Guatemalans. This is like an American calling another american fat the irony is both are fat fucks. Also wasn't Guatemala once part of Mexico through some weird accord or something?

Also the joke involves no one from Guatemala
All of the depicted ones are Mexicans

>all those mad centraka subhumans who didn't get the joke

wew lads

I was reading some shitposting about the issue and they were saying it was an insult for Guatemalans and the fat Menchu, all of them living in México because Guatemala is a shithole.

Pathetic.

Not in my case, here in Chiapas politicians dress like natives when they visit them, and we know that some people see our state like what the cartoon is implying.

>Also, fun fact: did you know that Mexico treats illegal immigrants from Guatemala way harsher than the US treats illegal Mexicans?
fake news, we good guise

>Would Mexicans get butthurt over the caricaturist portraying their maid as a Native American women tho
Since another Mexican made the cartoon, no.
Which reminds me, Americans got butthurt over this cartoon a decade ago lel

And then, our then president, made everything even worse when he said "Mexicans do the work not even blacks want to do!"
youtube.com/watch?v=svkkhK6-f_k