Why is this country so aversed to being called Eastern European and say they're 'Central' European?

Why is this country so aversed to being called Eastern European and say they're 'Central' European?
Like why are so many Eastern Euro countries shamed of being from the East? Is this just an Sup Forums thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yay2K2DvBoY&ytbChannel=Sultan
youtube.com/watch?v=2Zail7Gdqro&ytbChannel=Cadu Silveira
youtube.com/watch?v=F5HCo_ic3Rk&ytbChannel=cikagogi
youtube.com/watch?v=_PO_3ST_-Hg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dont even consider myself yuropean at all

to me beign yuropean is same as being nigger

I am Khazar

Because the gap between Germany and Poland is as big as the gap between Poland and Ukraine. Nobody really wants to be lumped together with the worse ones, especially if they're not at all culturally similar (orthodox circle) and historically disliked.
The term also brings back shitty memories since in practice it's all about having been an unwilling part of the Soviet Bloc. You never hear people calling Austria Eastern European, and yet most of their country is on the longitude of Czechia.
And no, it's not just Sup Forums, people can get pissy about the term elsewhere, both on the net and IRL.

Practically this guy explained everything

They think you're calling them Russian.

I'm seeing this in Lithuania as well. Except instead of insisting on being Central European, Lithuanians want you to call them Northern.

Fat chance.

Why are non-Europeans so adamant on using outdated Cold War-era memes? Even Czech Republic is Eastern Europe to you. If you use cardinals to classify countries then an "Eastern" country better actually be decisively in the east rather than middle of Europe.

ur a fungoy

I dont expect much of anything to be understand by your kind

Great argument for using outdated and illogical terminology.

They practice a form of Western Christianity. They just had the misfortune of being on the wrong side of Germany.

>Poles who eat borscht, drink vodka, tame bears and dance cossack dances while shouting 'hey hey hey!' are central european

youtube.com/watch?v=yay2K2DvBoY&ytbChannel=Sultan

nobody wants to be associated with gypsies and hohols

Eastern Europe is horrible trademark, we likely lose us as much as 15% possible trade deals and we can’t improve our standing in the world because of Russian idiocy such as the Crimean adventure.

>Polish posters would angrily reply to my post, but they're too busy banging one out their balalaikas after I reminded them of their first pet bear misha/dmitry/artyom

Explain

youtube.com/watch?v=2Zail7Gdqro&ytbChannel=Cadu Silveira

But barszcz isn't just an east euro thing. Vodka is disputed to have been invented in either Poland or Russia but most people here drink more beer than vodka. We don't really even have bears here. And cossack dancing isn't something you'll witness in Poland very often at all, maybe if your on the countryside in the east close to Ukraine. I'm not disagreeing par se that we aren't East euro but I disagree with your points on why.

Because Eastern Europe=Russia and being thought of as similar to Russians is insulting

TEN NIE BYĆ JA
TEN NIE BYČ JA
JA NIE SYN SZENATORYU, KURWA

KURWA KURWA KURWA KURWA

CYKA CYK CYKA CYKA

It's just like Nips hating being confused with Chinese

is sweden, finland, hungary and greece also in eastern europe?
they lie as far or even more to the east than we do...
it's just inaccurate - that's all

Czechs are eastern europeans
Russians are eastern europeans
Russians are disruptive to world stability
Russians are untrustworthy and you should not make a deal with them
You don’t know shit about Czech aside that they are eastern europeans
They must be untrustworthy because they are in the same region as Russians

youtube.com/watch?v=F5HCo_ic3Rk&ytbChannel=cikagogi

I despise slaves

and this shithole communist site

Delugue.

>Because the gap between Germany and Poland is as big as the gap between Poland and Ukraine
I love this meme

literally none of these is true
we eat żurek, drink mead, tame żubr and dance polonaise

>sub-national level
>Ukraine as an entirety

It's just an Sup Forums thing

I know a romanian guy who insists that Romania is central european

Because Eastern Europe is a Cold War blanket term describing Russian puppet states.
"Eastern Europe" meant basically whatever happened to be behind the Iron Curtain. It's not based on geography, ethnicity, linguistics, culture, or any other relevant criterions, just on post-WW2 communist influences. It's outdated.

Still eating rats?

>You never hear people calling Austria Eastern European
you should visit /deutsch/ sometime

>after I reminded them of their first pet bear
We actually had a pet bear, unlike ruskies.
Ruskies only roleplay as a bear, because they're autistic furfags.

sopa de rato
uma delicia

investors think all slavs are the same and all latin american countries are the same.

a big crisis in Mexico causes capital flight in all of Latin America. Russia invading Crimea makes investors wary about all of "eastern" europe.

>cossack dances
youtube.com/watch?v=_PO_3ST_-Hg

Eastern Europe as a term is very vague. Is everything slavic eastern european and if yes what is with Romanians for example? Even though Czeck people and Polanboos on this board don't like to hear that, but those two countries have a lot more in common with Germany, than they have with Russia and debateably Ukraine.

I don't care how you call us as long as you don't lump us together with cnab and balkan animals

Eastern Europe is horrible trademark which YOU made.

No surprise if you guys soon create a new term.

I think the source of this confusion is false dichotomy in perception of these cunts. Everyone keeps asuming that there's some neat, clear division between Eastern and Western Europe.
Meanwhile in practice there's plenty of more of cultural circles in there and they constantly overlap with each other.

because it lumps us into russian sphere of influence which we fought against pretty hard to be free

It's an old Cold war definition.

Also nobody wants to be in the same group as the Russians.

I don't care

Western Europe became a synonym for self-destruciton / irresponsibility.

go back, Mykola

I did,
and everytime people yell Pfoten Hoch or something like this

EVERY GOD DAMN TIME

WENN ICH DAS SEHE