Puerto rico just voted for statehood

puerto rico just voted for statehood

results:

resultados2017.ceepur.org/Noche_del_Evento_78/index.html#es/default/CONSULTA_DESCOLONIZACION_Resumen.xml

statehood - 97%

I'm a natural born American Citizen now.

Other urls found in this thread:

rferl.org/a/former-ukraine-finance-minister-jaresko-to-manage-puerto-rico-financial-crisis/28387912.html
prod-cdn-static.gop.com/static/home/data/platform.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>more beaners to replace the white population of the United States and make this nation a majority-minority country by 2050

Boy oh boy

Won't pass through congress. Also the vote was boycotted by the Pro-Commonwealth party. Last time they ignored it thanks to low turnout and they'll ignore it again since it's even lower.

Now the US is 10% whiter. :)

>voted

BWAHAHAHhHAJHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rferl.org/a/former-ukraine-finance-minister-jaresko-to-manage-puerto-rico-financial-crisis/28387912.html

God fucking damnit

>20% turnout

>muricunts grab foreign land and annext it.

>put sanctions and bitch about russians returning crimea home

god fucking jesus. i literally can now beat the shit out of every amerifat and police will do shit about.

FUCK OFF

>unidentified
pretty sure that's shia lebeouf senpai

Why don't puerto ricans want statehood?
Is it about politics? Because I thought they were pretty poor.

>non-binding referendum
>less than 25 percent turnout
>all that fucking debt
Go to bed retards

Nothing would happen. This basically dead already. Congress would vote on it and they would deny. Entering a new state would bring in new senators and state reps which would more than likely lean left and be scary enough to tilt the balance. They won't do anything.

It won't happen. Trump hate latinos

>thinking a republican majority will allow in a bunch of non-white guaranteed dem voters who will do nothing but add debt and demand gibs

I didn't know Crimea happened in the 19th century. Russia's entire problem is that they don't realize that this is the 21st century.

hahaha.. damn cant stop laugning

>the vote showed that under 10% are for joining USA
>its not even 20 % of PR gangs operating in USA

>americunts ignore everything and speack about democracy winning..

god fuck. i need something american to wish my arce with.

wow it's fucking nothing

Puerto Ricans have had visa-free access to the US for longer than I know of. They are already citizens of this country. This will change nothing except a few legal lines, a new star on the flag, and the government will force PR to get its shit together....

Oh and I also guess that the letters PR will now directly refer to the state of Puerto Rico...so there's that...

Most do, it's just that it's not a large enough majority and the turnout isn't high enough. The rest are fine with the current status and barely anyone wants independence. Right now they don't pay the federal tax but they're also dirt fucking poor.

>I didn't know Crimea happened in the 19th century.

do some lessony my nigga.

>thinks he's being cute
You can do better, dude.

>Paletinians can acces israel.. they are israeli literally

top kek dem fucking jew tactics

>>Paletinians can acces israel.. they are israeli literally
except this is wrong?

>being third class Tacoking is better than owning own chance

BWAHAHAHAHA.. this jew is strong in him!

literally no one aside from big supporters of the pro-statehood party and a few people who want statehood bothered to go to vote. Everyone else went to the beach/church/gay parade etc. or just took the morning off.

Congress just wipe it's ass with it, just like last time.

we still pay local income taxes tho.

can you explain why so many people there want the status quo? idgi. why wouldn't you want either statehood or independence?

spoiler my nigga.. this is how unphotoshoped cute females look like.

>become state
>gain representation in exchange for having to shoulder the Federal tax burden
>become independent cunt
>become Haiti level of hell in 5 years
>remain territory
>no representation but tons of tax-free gibesmedat

Nothing's going to change any time soon.

>can you explain why so many people there want the status quo?
it basically just boils down to nationalism and local politics stuff. tbf most people want statehood, it's just that the party that is for that was unable to mobilize it's base to vote, due to it not being elections season.

spoiler: USA will let starve and torture you with US-Aid and economical isolation up to pandemies and famines until people only surviving chance will join american empire. until then they will wait and watch you suffer.

Without USA you already would be fucking tax heaven and tourist paradize with towns raised in the atlantic sea.

>>gain representation in exchange for having to shoulder the Federal tax burden
It would make no difference because most people are poor enough to see any changes in their income taxes, and they would receive even more fed benefits instead (as far as the media here says) so it can't be that.

Earlier referendums didn't have the statehood option win with over a 50% majority. Also the RNC Platform itself supports statehood anyway, and Democrats aren't going to say no to easy House seats:

prod-cdn-static.gop.com/static/home/data/platform.pdf

>We support the right of the United States citizens of Puerto Rico to be admitted to the Union as a fully sovereign state.

>We further recognize the historic significance of the 2012 local referendum in which a 54 percent majority voted to end Puerto
Rico’s current status as a U.S. territory, and 61 percent chose statehood over options for sovereign nationhood. We support the federally sponsored political status referendum authorized and funded by an Act of Congress in 2014 to ascertain the aspirations of the people of Puerto Rico. Once the 2012 local vote for statehood is ratified, Congress should approve an enabling act with terms for Puerto Rico’s future admission as the 51st state of the Union.

It's going to happen. It'll probably take 5-6 years until PRs can vote, but it will happen.

It took me a few moments to realize that the German flag ITT is that one Russian diaspora who spams Kremlin propaganda 16 hours a day.

>he still hasn't filtered Germany
Sup Forums is so much better without the fucking Germans

There's also various Mudslime diaspora posting under German flags, in fact I'm fairly sure at least 75% of the German posters in here are not actually Germans.

This. The Republican Party has always supported statehood for Puerto Rico (probably because they realize that to deny it in the face of overwhelming support would be too blatantly racist/hypocritical considering their muh states rights spiel), where did this meme come from?

>Drumpf lets them into the Union
>they start voting for Republicans like how blacks started voting for Democrats because of the Civil Rights Act

Even if they do, I doubt their base does, specially witht he recent news about our economic woes. Also, it takes more than the majority to pass a vote to allow the state into the union.

Aside from that, voter turnout for this consultation was extremely small, so opposition parties here will press immensely to shine doubt into how legitimate the results may be.

And besides, with all the current issues currently going on in the US with trump and comey and whatnot, congress might just go the easy way and straight up ignore the results all together unless there's any political motivation to do otherwise.

Uncle Sam won't do shit.

>Republicans wanting to give enfranchisement to an island full of brown people

>I'm a natural born American Citizen now.
Puerto Ricans always were you absolute spacker

Does he even know where Puerto Rico is on a map?

except statehood won't happen. This referendum is even more meaningless than the last one from 2012.

Just Saiyan, a Republican president (Eisenhower) signed the bill making Hawaii a state and it's literally never voted Republican in a presidential election except in 1972 and 84, and it's never elected a Republican to Congress.

The Republican Party today is pretty different from the Republican Party of Eisenhower. Might as well call Eisenhower a radical Commie at this point given the political shifts.

>I'm a natural born American Citizen now.

Puerto Ricans have always been Americans. Typical island spics don't know anything outside of their little floating shithole.

They can already move here you retard they're American citizens, and they have been for a long fucking time.

>The Republican Party today is pretty different from the Republican Party of Eisenhower. Might as well call Eisenhower a radical Commie at this point given the political shifts.

I welcome Puerto Rico into the U.S.A.

All is going to plan

Ignore him. He's one of those libshits who believes the "two parties switched agendas in 1968" myth. It's a ruse Democrats use to get out of their history of supporting slavery/Jim Crow.

Eisenhower believed in the New Deal.

~334,000 between 2000 and 2015 in fact.

And a lot of the GOP especially Barry Goldwater were pissed off about that, they felt he should rip up the New Deal and just...nuke the commies and be done with it.

Actually, the gulf between Kennedy and a modern Democrat seems quite a bit larger, since he was super-hawkish on defense and favored tax cuts.

And voting in presidental elections and having seats in congress which is why this would never happen.

If they get to be a state then I want to secede.

They're already breaking the 50 state narrative why not go for 52 instead?

The more the merrier amirite??

Ike really wasn't that interested in domestic policy since he was a career military guy, he just left that to Congress and only worried about foreign policy. But then, Kennedy also had very little interest in domestic affairs either beyond tax cuts. When LBJ became president, a lot of hawks feared that he would withdraw the US into its shell and focus strictly on domestic legislation.

>I MUST..

>QUOTE..

>EVERYONE

actually keeping them out of the US is what tanked their economy causing them to move here. Had we just given them statehood a long time ago they likely would have stayed and I believe would have gotten more investment.

I would be all for this, but 50 states is too /aesthetic/. Also calling the UK the 52nd state doesn't sound as good.

By military budget alone we're like 100 states including all of the EU