51st state celebration thread

Posting here before my flag changes after statehood tomorrow. Finally I am a burger with full access to NEETbux.

keep dreaming Ricky - and stay the fuck out of this board

You fags did this shit before and congress ignored it. You don't get to be a state until you pay debnts

puerto ricans have no say, only congress

I cannot expect GOP majority congress to approve it.

wait what? ameribuds spoonfeed me on this

USA forever.

Puerto Rico is a US territory but not a full state. They're voting on whether they want to be a state or not. Pro-state people seem to have the advantage.

Of course they need actual congressional approval for statehood so even if they do vote for it they'll have to wait on that stuff.

>Pro-state people seem to have the advantage.
The status quo party boycotted the referendum

>Of course they need actual congressional approval

Right was just gonna say, why the ever fuck would anyone vote no?

this is going to DEVASTATE the SSI, welfare, SS, and food stamps P.O. Box mail forwarding service industry in the tri-state area, and in florida

god knows those fucking nuyorican baboons are going to whoop and holler till they find out the island benefit scale is going to be 1/10th the NYC benefits.

It's really about the Sup Forums flag, isn't it?

because the island is so fucking corrupt, that everyone in the islands govt is crooked as hell, and is terrified of a bunch of gringos from the mainland coming in and cleaning house on their shit, and them ending up in federal prison. that and the island would collapse under OSHA and workplace regulations and minimum wage.

Well they could become independent instead. Not everyone wants to be a burger. I don't know enough about their whole situation to tell how viable that option is though. I've heard their economy is so bad right now they want to become a state so the US gov. will be obligated to help them.

I just don't understand how a referendum where less than 30% of the population votes can be taken seriously

PR's books are so fucked, that the Fed took one look in their direction and started screaming and shitting themselves.

honestly I'm surprised that much of the population has their right to vote. most of them are fucking felons and court adjudicated retards.

>I learned everything I know about Puerto Rico from an ad I saw on Fox: The Post.

>Boycotting an election where the option to remain a territory or become independent are both on the ballot

The opposition has downs.

Why would you even want to remain a territory? Why would you not want to state? Why is this even up for debate?

usa resemble more and more the eu, only poor and broken states want to join the union to get some money.

yeah all that, plus the fact that the US govt is also crooked and profits from the whole situation