What are history classes in European schools like?

What are history classes in European schools like?

Do you learn history of all Europe or just your own country?

How far back?

theres national and universal history
we learn about ourself and all of europe, bit of asia and america

starting from mesopotamia/india/egypt

It's mostly our own history but also a lot of Europe, some Egypt, bit of China, bit of Russia, bit of US.

They're shit

starts from stoneage, mostly focused on europe yeah, but all cunts not only mine
they fucking raped my brain with french revolution

this
boring and shit

this, we learn about all relevant country around the world

>how far back?
6000 BC

dunno about you but we pretty much ignored asia, at any point in history
even in ww2 seems like happened barely anything there

Starts from the beginning, lol. Then we study black kangdomz like Mesopotamia, Egypt, then antiquity. Beginning with antiwuity it is Mostly European. We focus on the imperial period of Russia very much. Asia and Americas are barely mentioned.

We start with ancient ages, stone, bronze, ect. And then it's our cunts history until industrial revolution and french revolution, ww1/2 and then some random bullshit here and there. Mostly 'Murica and some cunts of europe.

In primary school the first few years are spent developing the concept of continuity, perspective of sources, cause and effect. Generally they focus on personal and local history, historical basis of popular festivals (christmas, OĆ­che Shamhna etc) and myths to do this.

Theres quite a bit of variation between schools and even classes. Pic related is part of the published syllabus for third/fourth class students (8-9yo).

serious question, do americans study just american history? or they learn of europe too

I'm sorry, we also hate it

I actually don't remember learning much about my own country in history classes. It was always slavery in USA, Apartheid in South Africa or the stolen generation in Australia.

It starts with Caesar's invasion of Gaul we learn of France started existing as a nation.
We learn some European history too but only when it's relevant to relations between France and said countries

>Do you learn history of all Europe or just your own country?

mostly western europe, not slavs or nordics.

If I remember correctly, the earliest I remember is Age of Exploration stuff, Magellan, Columbus, Cabot. Then the Seigniorial system, New France, Upper Lower Canada, early prime ministers. Then WWI and WW2.

If you want to learn American or classical history you choose to take it in highschool.

it's ok, better than learning burger history i guess

>stone age to modern ireland
>greece, egypt, rome, mesopotamia
>western europe - medieval, renaissance, world wars
>american war of independence, slavery and the civil rights movement

We lern pretty much all about europe (mostly france) until ~1800 than its almost only germany.

Of course with expectations like the plague, the 30 year war. Martin Luther, Hanseatic league.

But from the 6th to 8th grade it was basicly france france france france, columbus, magellan, vespucci, france, france, france

Oh and
>Age of Discovery, mostly Spanish and Portuguese glory

I honestly think we learn more American history than British history, definitely more than European.

never understood why germshits teach only about france and ww2

Its equally divided between world history and our own.

So Americans leave elementary school without learning anything about Rome or Athens?

apparently they skip it altogether
we have the opposite problem, often we dont have time to go beyond 1950 so basically know nothing to understand the today situation of our cunt

>Egyptians, Greeks, Romans etc.
>Anglo Saxons and Vikings
>Battle of Hastings
>Victorians
>Slavery n shiiiet
>WW1
>WW2
That was about it

We had history once a week, 2 hour class.
>stone age
>bronze age
>iron age
>pre-history
Pretty much everything dating back 100k years up to the 1900's.
Was my favorite class and the reason I work as an archeologist now.