Anybody go wayyyy up the family tree and apply for Italian Citizenship...

Anybody go wayyyy up the family tree and apply for Italian Citizenship? I'm thinking of doing it but it seems like a massive pain in the ass and probably prohibitively expensive

>I was born in New York
>so was mom
>so was grandfather
>so was great grandfather
>great-great grandfather was born in Bari in 1892, emigrated to New York in 1911, and became a naturalized US citizen in 1924 after having my great-grandfather in 1917

As far as current citizenships go, I have American citizenship and I'm in the process of applying for Canadian. I don't have any EU passport right now, so I guess that's a potential plus.

Other urls found in this thread:

myitaliancitizenship.com/?content=qualification.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kek classic Americans

Is that even possible?
I thought most countries jus sanguine or whatever is just for 2 generations

Apparently for Italian citizenship it is.

For the relation
>mother -> grandfather -> great-grandfather -> great-great grandfather
>CATEGORY #11: Your paternal great grandfather was born in your native country, your paternal great great grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of his birth, and neither you nor your father nor your paternal grandfather nor your paternal great grandfather ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship. If citizenship is acquired by birth in your country and you meet all these conditions, you qualify for Italian citizenship jure sanguinis.

So apparently, I do, it's just I need an assload of paperwork (all birth/marriage/death certificates of everyone up that chain as apostille and then translated to Italian certified copy).

For the Canadian citizenship it's now limited to the first generation born outside of Canada. I qualify, but if I had any children outside of Canada after getting proof of Canadian citizenship, they wouldn't.

Well, I work in a global industry and I don't have an EU passport. The Canadian citizenship is practical for work (currently under a Canadian work permit, which I wouldn't have to repeatedly renew if I got proof of citizenship).

R A R E
A
R
Speak some portuguese please

I really hate this shit from italians. Argentinians get the italian passport and then move to Spain because italians hate them.

Almost nobody speaks it, it's not mandatory anymore, everyone just knows Cantonese. I'm not native either, just visiting from HK. People here have too awful eng to find Sup Forums.

what for? shitaly is a brown moor shithole soon to be overran by arabs and becoming a caliphate, same as the rest of europe, also much poorer than the US.
Really, for what reason would you get an italian passport? what advantages would you get from it?

My employer is German and has a large presence in the EU. For work related reasons, whether on temporary trips or relocation, it could be handy to have a passport that conveys EU citizenship for freedom of movement/right to work. That would be the main potential benefit.

it literally says PATERNAL as in through your father, not your mother you dip

wrong dropdown, mother still qualifies
>CATEGORY #13: Your maternal great grandfather was born in your native country, your maternal great great grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of his birth, you were born after January 1st, 1948, and neither you nor your mother nor your maternal grandfather nor your maternal great grandfather ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship. If citizenship is acquired by birth in your country and you meet all these conditions, you qualify for Italian citizenship jure sanguinis. You must obtain certified copies of the following documents:

don't come pls. we dont want any gabagools here

kek, not everyone with italian ancestry in the US is a guido stereotype italanon

third world country giving its useless opinion, as always. muerto de hambre just stop and try getting by eating trashcans you have in the streets. Buenos Aires is full of it

I had a great-great grandfather who was born in Italy, is that enough?

You wish your cities were half as good as Buenos Aires, cane imbecile.

sure cumpĆ !

Buenos Aires, a beautiful city.
Great joke.

>Terrone applying for >Italian citizenship

like pottery.

You know what is a joke? Your country, now shut your mouth, miserable.

My mom was born there. gibe citizenship

muerto de hambre, it's time to stop and look for food. or you'll die from hunger

myitaliancitizenship.com/?content=qualification.html
>CATEGORY #2: Your mother was an Italian citizen at the time of your birth, you were born after January 1st, 1948 and you never renounced your right to Italian citizenship. If citizenship is acquired by birth in your country and you meet all these conditions, you qualify for Italian citizenship jure sanguinis
As long as your mother was not a Canadian citizen at the time of your birth and you were born after 01 Jan 1948 you should be set to apply.

My great grandfather came from italy and for some reason i have the citizenship as well. I consider it a escape plan from this shithole

I feel the SAME way

I'm ethnic Sicilian and I'm tired of people calling me "not white" or Mexican or Arab here because they don't understand Italian ethnicities

I really want to connect with the homeland

we dont want no muertos de hambre aquƬ

who are you going to vote 4 if you get the citizenship?

sicily is beautiful. sicilians are the worst though

that's a bit rich coming from Argentina

gr8 b8 m8
So, wait, Italy is just as spineless a country as Ireland and lets anyone become a citizen as long as there was some great great great grandfather that moved to the US? Disappointing

not sure i would want to vote in an italian election when I don't live there
>via wiki article
>Berlusconi is still in charge of Forza Italia
what the fuck, how is he still in charge? didn't he go to jail?

>didn't he go to jail?
he' out fucking 20 years old girls while he's 80 years old

my great grandfather italian, here i cum :DDD

yes, you're too busy giving your daughters to Abdul, Mohammed Jihad and Mouss to welcome your own cousins.

talk about ethnic solidarity.

>Albanian detected

>>proud of being italian
why?

he is innocent, it's just a ploy of the communist magistrates

italian girls don't even want to fuck italian men, the meme that they're getting fucked my muslim niggers needs to end

>italian girls don't even want to fuck
true they just like money and status

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL!

italian women are hairy ugly brown midgets with unibrown and mustaches, typical moor look.

not planning on moving to italy, just getting the citizenship. theoretically could change.

do italians still support berlusconi by and large or has forza italia kind of fallen in public support compared to the others?

and we like them that way

do italians still support berlusconi by and large or has forza italia kind of fallen in public support compared to the others?
they mainly support salvini now which is the main guy of lega nord

My negroid east african ancestors settled in the italian peninsulan 50,000 years ago. Do I qualify for citizenship?

No only pure caucasian Somalis

It is a pain in the ass, my mother in law applied for it and it took around 2-3 years. It's real easy for spouses/children to get it after the first person gets it though.