Beyonce?

Beyonce?

Beyonce, I've come to bargain.

How come they let him be asian but not the Ancient One?

WOW GREAT JOKE MARVEL SO FUCKING FUNNY I KEKED SO HARD TAKE ALL MY MONEY YOU MAGNEFICENT FUCKERS I HATE MY LIFE

This movie so far had the worst attempts at comedy in the MCU.

JoJo?

>butthurt neckbeard cant appreciate capeKINO

Yeah, wtf. Should have made him white too

>hmm we can't have the ancient one be Asian because that would be stereotyping Asians as wise and scholarly
>oh ok, why don't we just replace the great Asian character with a white woman, subtly implying that Asian men are a bunch of bitches?
>give this guy a promotion!

I liked the movie, the joke was just fucking stupid

Something about Tibet pissing off China

>tibet bad, per china.
>ancient one made chinese, piss of tibet people.
>ancient one made tibet, piss of chinese
>ancient one white, make many chinese dollars, they love white people

It's not about being asian. It's about being the right kind of asian.

Wong is Chinese. China's ok with that. Ancient one can't be Chinese. That would piss off people who recognize Tibet. Ancient one can't be Tibetan, or that mean China won't let them show the movie. Make him white guy, SJWs lose their tiny fucking minds. Make him black, you look like you're taking sides with BLM or some shit.

Fuck it. Middle age white woman. Shave her head and add some scars to make sure she's not immediately perceived as sexy. The least offensive presence known to humanity.

why would china get up in arms if the actor was from the region? do they think that tibet doesn't exist?

What the fuck are you guys on about?
China doesn't want Tibet to gain independence. They don't give a shit if you cast Tibetans in movies. If anything they want to show that there is no conflict.
Tibetans don't give a shit about Hollywood movies.
They cast a white woman because as one of the main characters it's good for her to be played by someone recognizable.

Dan Harmon does it again!

YES. It's not Tibet senpai. It's China or The Autonomous Tibet Region (of China), but it's most definitely NOT Tibet.

Not sure if retarded, they call the region Tibet
They just don't call it the country Tibet

Hes a Big Guy

Yes, because they consider it China on not a separate country, which it was until they invaded it. So the at all costs avoid recognising that there was a COUNTRY called Tibet until they decided it was China and annexed it. Most of the rest of the world disagrees however, so no not retarded. Not in the slightest.

China perceives any Western mention of Tibet as support for them, same as South China Sea borders

Anyway if you fucktards would actually pay attention the whole point was that Strange wasn't nearly as funny as he thought he was hence Wong commenting that all the people who laughed at him worked for him

And you'll also notice they didn't make him a butler so they changed that too

>why would china get up in arms if the actor was from the region?
>region
>YES. It's not Tibet senpai
Did you actually read the post you responded to?

Because he's too bootylicious for you.

Wong isn't the tea drinking manservant from the comics. He serving his man tea. I'm sure Beyonce had a song about that.

Why didn't they cast him as Tilda Swanson's character

Makes no sense

Yes. I did. It's plain what I was saying, any recognition of someone as being Tibetian first as opposed to a Chinaman from Tibet would be frowned upon in China. It's a very contentious issue where mere mention of the name Tibet can cause all sorts of friction.

What does that have to do with the actor being from Tibet or not? He could either not say where he's from since the movie is set in Nepal anyway or he could say he's from Tibet, China.

> Implying Tilda Swinton is not sexy

What is wrong with you?

Best to obfuscate the entire issue by casting Tilda Swinton. Why take risk to jump though hoops and engage in doublespeak. Casting her is the easy way out. Which is what happened.

The truth is they cast Tilda for the same reason they cast ScarJo in Ghost In The Shell
White people rather see recognizable white people on screen and the Asian market don't mind seeing white people on screen
They could have casted any number of Korean actors if they didn't want to cast a Tibetan or Chinese actor