MARVEL DOES IT AGAIN!!

>turns an unknown hero to a fucking star

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

doctor kino!

>90% on rt
Opens to 82 mil

Suicide squad gets a 26% on RT and opens to 130 mil and makes 750 mil world wide without china. Not to mention the soundtrack was on the bilboard top 100 for weeks.

>mfw DC can get away with triggering critics with "sexist" characters and putting little effort in their films and still beat try hard marvel at the b.o.

August opening vs November opening. Besides that, most of Suicide Squad's marketing focused on Harley and the Joker, who are not unknown commodities at all.

>doctor strange
>unknown

OK user sure thing.

>marvel's medic

wtf is wrong with him

I guarantee 90% of normies had never heard of him until this movie.

Suiciide Squad's casting was pretty A-list in my opinion and even the collaboration bands for the sound track were extremely popular as well. Overall though, I do concede SS was a huge financial success and Doctor Strange would be lucky to come close to it.

>Doctor Strange
>Doctor
>Doctor=Medic
>Marvel + Medic = Alliteration

>normies
user I'm a normie and I've heard of doctor strange. I even saw that abysmal animated movie a few years back. He's obviously not spider man but unknown? Come on.

It's amazing how Marvel manages to make people jump on their dick ... but how?

I kinda liked the trailer but the actual movie was so incredible, painfully mediocre and bland ... there was absolutely nothing that stood out. Even the effects people jizzed about looked more like a kid playing with filters instead of Inceptions, the characters were even flat for a super hero movie and the wifi shit + Strange + eyeshadows guy conversation were the only jokes that worked. The plot being simple is given so I wouldn't even count it as a minus.

How could people like this soulless shit? At least Guardians of the Galaxy had some kind of feel to it and didn't take itself that serious.

>mfw DC can get away with triggering critics with "sexist" characters
The fuck? Did anybody respectable really bitch about it?

I am a normie too and while I heard about him it was only the name. Don't know anybody else who knew more either.

I feel like the wifi one was already there before the reshoots

The longer its been since I've seen this movie, the more it feels like one of the worst ones of the MCU (which is saying something). There is no redeemable features about the movie. People praise the visuals but the CGI is really, really bad in some spots and the visuals were just put there to look trippy. There's no real meaning behind them unlike how Inception did it.

I'd say the second Avengers movie is at least a magnitude worse; just got stronger characters which can help one to overlook the shittyness a bit.

At the moment I would rather rewatch AoU than Doctor Strange again so I wouldn't agree with that. It isn't quite on Thor 2 or IM2 level of bad

hey hey hey DS was known but no one real cared about him

he posted it again

This is not a good thing. It only shows how popular the Hot Topic aesthetic is to movie goers.

It was Honey Boo Boo/ Swamp People/ Storage Wars-level trashy, everybody loves that.

Nah, you're not a normie. If you're on here, you're one of us.

am I on reddit?

Not everyone saw the original movie.

> Dr. Strange has the same recognition as Batman and The Joker
Also, I don't think I saw a fraction of promotion and talk for Strange as I did for Swad.

>Not to mention the soundtrack was on the bilboard top 100 for weeks.
The shitty movie trailer soundtrack of Suicide Squad was disgusting. Nothing against a number of those songs, but you can tell that DC fired the director and farmed out the final cut of the film to a company that splices together trailers.

And if you didn't know, they did that shit.

Meanwhile, as much as the composer from L O S T might be a bit overrated, I thought his soundtrack for Strange was fucking on point.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg