Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: it is Saturday today

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/Synt/
letterboxd.com/shao_liu_ringon/
letterboxd.com/samtlx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I left /lbg/ like five months ago, I kinda miss you guys, I think I'm coming back

Seinfeld

4 > 1 > not watching Seinfeld > 3 = 2

We missed you too pal, glad to see you back!

How long before he kills himself?

THAT'S NOT A QUESTION

are movies good

that's right

yeah they are. we are extremely #blessed for living in a time where having access to such a wide range

rate

Tryhard faggot/10

That's rude

It's time too watch this...

wahoo!!!!!!!!!

why do you watch films if you hate them all

Based on your advice I've waited for the BR to come out for this one. It better be good.

machill I love you, please let me live with you in your mansion in london

How much do those posters go for?

one hunnid

Slept post - all the things you said edition

Maybe I should watch a movie today

philistine

>tfw the Italian trash film you watch isn't trash and is extremely well made and written while still containing exploitative elements

hooray

The Blu is out and online though still quite #rare, it's what I just watched. Typical criterion-tier release. Watching the hardcore footage now, really bizarre it exists given the content of the film

I don't live in a mansion. Or in London. sorry my friend

It varies quite a lot depending on film/condition, but I think they are very cheap for what they are. I just looked and I paid £20.79 for this one which is one of the most expensive I have paid

I wish I liked films as much as you do.

>London
Literally how new.

Don't continue this desu

Was he autistic?

Just a cuck

This is an example of a good, exciting review

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

I want to kick you in the face, asshole.

like um, try again sweetie

>hipster feels

As a proud member of the patriarchy, I'd volunteer to take xyrs out of their misery, for free even

I think they're a good user, 2bh. Far more interesting to the rest of the dreck usually posted.

Extremely hungover, lads

Whats something extra comfy I can watch right now?

preferably on Filmstruck/Criterion

Ang Lee should've remade Brokeback in 120fps 3D

>Gyllenhal dong in my face
mmm

Chungking Express
Stranger Than Paradise
Picnic at Hanging Rock
High and Low

Which one would you wife up?

Right looks more cool and fun

Right

Great minds think alike

On the contrary: Great minds never think alike while fools seldom differ.

The voice acting was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! You might be caught off guard a little bit at first at line delivery but it perfectly encapsulates the diva-esqueness of the world of Love Live: The School Idol Movie. The score was FUCKING AMAZING! I could not stop tapping my foot during the "Bokutachi wa Histotsu" song. The Idol feet were breathtaking!.
It's like The Idolm@ster: Cinderella girls but with more glitz and kawaii girls to it to have it feel like your in the school idol world of this film. I know that I try to keep these ratings sparingly but I truly believe at this very moment that Love Live: The School Idol Movie is a 10/10. Also it was fun to take my normie friend blind into the great kino. He had the best reaction to the Hanayo tantrum scene. It was fun and he also liked it and he said right after, "Where can I find good douinshi of this shit?!, my dick ASKS for it!"

letterboxd.com/Synt/

how's everyone's weekends looking?

What do people think of Peter Bogdanovich?

Is there a specific site you get em from or is it a local shop?

eBay is the place, any dedicated site I've found is hugely more expensive

Cultural marxist wordsalads are not interesting.

Paper Moon and Targets are amazing, not seen anything else.

>Cultural marxist

ha of course, dunno why I didn't think of that. I got a kinda funny italian poster of On the Waterfront last time I was in Brighton, and while it isn't really a film I love, it's been made up to look like a sort of violent serial killer/revenge exploitation movie. Gotta love that Italian marketing style.

Agree with you on those, I'd say check out Last Picture Show as well. I haven't seen many more than that and the John Ford doc myself, I've heard conflicting things about What's Up Doc?. So should be interesting to see.

I've only seen the last picture show , despite being made in the 70s it felt like a fifties film that captured the fifties feel. Spent some time going "holy shit Jeff Bridges is so young in this"
Great example of a film really coming together at the end aswell. Story with the woman near the end and the older guy earlier on was best part as was the last scene with the two leads.

letterboxd.com/shao_liu_ringon/
I hear I, olga had 40 minutes chopped off the original cut, thats quite clear from watching it, great final act and well delivered finale, bleak and austere drama suits me down to the ground more than any melodrama ever could.
Survining life doesn't rank up with Svamejers best films but its still good, its funny but could have been moreso but the sheer creativity really makes up for it even if I prefer his short films when it comes to his animations, gets less repetitive.
Speaking off that usher poe short he did was pretty absorbing atmosphere wise.
Thinking of watching an action film tonight or maybe not. Might watch 4 nights of a dreamer instead.

Did you ever get the feeling you only like Close-Up 'cause you're supposed to?

Watch City on Fire

Paper Moon is really good as well, it "reminds" the viewer of the 30s but unlike LPS, does it in a way that isn't reminiscent of 30s films but actually feels like you're being placed there.

/thegr1fter

Rec me some shit.

Amores Perros
The Sacred Mountain
The Omen

letterboxd.com/samtlx/

Cantonese or Mandarin? Which dub.
I find John Woos films fairly watchable/entertaining even if I'm not as all over them as others are .

I watched it in Cantonese

I wish you would watch me in cantonese

>tfw you aren't pounding Synt's boipussy on a Saturday night
:^(

fucking pathetic normalfags

When does Arrow's Dekalog blu ray come out?