Favorite quote?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RRxRX6Mr3Lk
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4gXaq0fmzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is that a cigarette you're smoking?
>Nah, its a chicken
Classic

Is the new series good? The first Dave series was excellent.

First Holly Best Holly.

>"I was in love once. A Sinclair ZX81. People said, no, Holly, she's not for you. She's cheap, she's stupid and she wouldn't load, well, not for me anyway"

JFK episode was the best.

Certainly, it's just I for some reason can't seem to find much to say about Red Dwarf today.

>"We have enough food and drink to last us 30,000 years but there's only one after eight mint left...and everyone's too polite to take it."

It was a good episode but that whole season has a weird feeling to me, I think it's because they kept switching between having a laugh track in some episodes but not others.

His SOS in the early seasons were great

>I am Holly the ships computer with an IQ of 6000, the same IQ as 12,000 car park attendants.

They showed all the episodes from Series 7 to an audience after filming and added the laughter to all the originally broadcast episodes. Later, they threw in deleted scenes and made extended versions of some episodes for the VHS release, rhocj they didn't show to audiences, so they didn't get laughs. You will have seen the extended episodes alongside the non-extended ones. They never intentionally switched between laughs and no laughs.

Also, S7 feels weird because there was no audience, no Rimmer, no Rob Grant, and an added filmised look. I still like it you, S7 is full of classic memorable moments and some excellent characterisation, and the JFK episode is one of the show's best.

I've only seen the first episode of XI but it was brilliant. Fast paced and full of quality gags, with a strong Series 6 vibe. Some of the dialogue was a bit derivative of S6, though, and the pacing was INCREDIBLY fast. The rest of the series has been getting very good reviews.

The books were better

>inb4 #rekt and /thread

>2016
>Reading

Aren't the books horribly depressing sci-fi rather than comedy though?

GESPACHO SPAGHETTI

ALPHABETTI SOUP

>S7 feels weird because there was no Rimmer

I expected it to be much worse and was quite astonished by how well it worked without him.

if you ignore his down-trodden, fun-sucking replacement

My fav episode was the one when Rimmer is dressed as a girl for some reason. Can't remember the exact plot but he had a red dress and a wig. I literally cried from laughing. Anyone know what episode it is?

But Arnold's a downtrodden funsucker.

someone on /ck/ mentioned lister's triple fried egg chilli chutney sandwich eariler.

I haven't seen red dwarf in ages but that alone made me want to revisit.

Future Echoes. Love that episode.

I will always maintain that Season 1 and 2 are the best. Just a few guys bickering on a desolate mining ship.

shame kryten (rob, not the other guy) didn't join the crew earlier

Quarantine

That's my favourite episode too

Yeah the books take a suprisingly dark theme.
I remember when I was young I never even tought that Backwards and Last man on earth are two separate " Thrid" books. I just read Backwards and then Last man on Earth and never had any issues - There were just slight differences between the two books plot-wise

I like it but a lot of very vocal fans do not. Kochanski and Kryten's dynamic was interesting, with the latter feeling like he was being replaced. It was just weird for a show that had been about four lonely men to suddenly have a woman in it (if you ignore Holly II)

It was good yeah but unsustainable for what is now 12 series really, plus the writers always wanted to do real sci fi and get off of the ship right from the beginning and couldn't because they had no budget.

I personally think the show had its strongest moments between 3 and 6 but that's just me

>It's a Kryten carves 'DYING' into Lister's arms because he won't leave Better Than Life episode

The wikipedia entry alone is dark shit.

Kinda want to read them now.

Danny John Jules can actually dance. The other two... not so much:
youtube.com/watch?v=RRxRX6Mr3Lk

He's Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4gXaq0fmzk