Hacksaw Ridge

Absolute KINO. The combat scenes almost gave me PTSD.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc
historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/hacksaw-ridge/
algemeiner.com/2016/10/30/actor-andrew-garfield-says-hes-proud-to-be-jewish-not-concerned-about-starring-in-new-movie-directed-by-mel-gibson-infamous-for-antisemitic-comments/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are the combat scenes more brutal than spr

fucking kikes

Way more brutal. I was actually afraid.

Damn can't wait

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc
it was good but not as good as SPR

Stop shilling your pleb videos.

but, you are the pleb. it was made for you

>expecting immature popcorn munchers to have taste
You done goofed son

>that scream at the start of the first battle scene

That half dead guy sitting up and screaming out of nowhere.

NOPE!

if this movie idolizes the main character for sticking to his beliefs and convictions, why are the japanese called devils? They fought to the last man or committed sudoku

Because fatalism isn't worth honoring.

I hope the sequel is on the nazi side

>almost gave me PTSD.
not even close, you have be ina trench for six weeks and almost died twice minimum to get ptsd

>not knowing what fatalism is
>using the word anyway
Dumb post from every possible angle, senpai.

Called devils by the characters in the movie? Um, because they're fighting them?

Because his beliefs and convictions aren't the same as the Japanese.

Are you retarded lad?

so is this actually kino?

also doctor strange has good reviews but so does every shitty marvel movie so I can't trust that it's any good

I saw Dr. Strange instead of this fug

Yes. I heard they were before I saw the movie, didn't believe it because I'd heard it said about other movies before, and was completely blindsided by the first battle scene. It literally had me more terrified and hyped up on adrenaline than any horror movie I've ever scene.

Out of all the scenes in the movie, I found the combat scenes to be the nost emotional. Like I was closer to tears during the first assault than I was during the dinner scene or the end documentary footage

It's kino. Have seen both movies and by far recommend hacksaw ridge over doctor strange. Strange is just typical marvel -bland, forgettable waste of time. I would literally put it in the worst 5 movies of the MCU. Hacksaw on the other hand is better than SPR but not on the level of the thin red line. Definitely worth the watch

certified kino, the only shitty part of it was the slapping and kicking of the grenades, albeit it's also a symbolic means of his character, it still took a little away, otherwise top kino

capecucks and plebians won't understand it as it doesn't appeal to the lowest common denominator, decadent leftists will hate it due to based mels' nationalistic and religious viewpoints which are also planted in this movie.

It'll be interesting to see how the imdb rating changes over time (if you actually watch """rotten tomatoes""" for ratings, pic related

>le using half a corpse as a shield while one-arming a machine gun and lighting nips up
>"JUST ONE MORE LORD JUST HELP MEH GET ONE MORE" 80's rocky-esque montage
>grenade soccer
>vince vaughn on a cloak-sled in a tunnel shooter

Yeah, it was "kino". It was fine but Garfield was a ham and there was some Hobbit-level bullshit in it.

also the small details
>the sound when they're actually dropping the mortar in the mortar tube before impact
>the sound of the m1 ping
>the SEPUKKU
>real clips and pictures in the end

Sup Forums certified kino

You are a petulant moron.

Movie is really good though.

>he didn't watch the end

they had a clip of desmond explaining just that moment, but I doubt capecucks like you could sit through it all if the movie isn't 99% CGI

either a capecuck or a decadent leftist, pick your poison

Apparently that is very very close to what happened (Including the part with the bible)
>Did Desmond T. Doss nearly get blown up by a hand grenade?

Yes. On the night of May 21, 1945, just a half mile past the escarpment on Okinawa, Desmond's unit inadvertently walked into a company of Japanese soldiers. The unit engaged in hand-to-hand combat with the enemy and Desmond scrambled to treat the wounded. "They begin to throw these hand grenades," recalled Desmond. "I saw it comin'. There was three other men in the hole with me. They were on the lower side, but I was on the other side lookin' when they threw the thing. I knew there was no way I could get at it. So I just quickly took my left foot and threw it back to where I thought the grenade might be, and throw my head and helmet to the ground. And not more than half a second later, I felt like I was sailin' through the air. I was seein' stars I wasn't supposed to be seein', and I knew my legs and body were blown up." The blast left 17 pieces of shrapnel embedded in Desmond's body, mostly in his legs. -The Conscientious Objector Documentary

Apparently he got hit by a fucking sniper as well

>Did the real Desmond Doss get shot by a Japanese sniper?

Yes. Director Mel Gibson decided to leave this out of the movie because he felt audiences would find the heroic circumstances under which it happened too hard to believe, especially after Desmond had just taken the blunt of a grenade blast to save his fellow soldiers. After the grenade left him with 17 pieces of shrapnel stuck in him, Desmond waited for five hours until fellow soldier Ralph Baker was able to reach him. Baker, along with a few other men, carried Desmond on a litter (stretcher) through an intense enemy tank attack. As they were carrying him, he saw a guy get shot in the head. Desmond rolled off the stretcher and crawled over to patch the man up. (Too many characters...)

historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/hacksaw-ridge/

>join the medic corp.
>your job is saving the injured
>military douches beat the shit out of you for not carrying a gun

Some brotherhood MIC drones

>Spiderman joins the army
>never uses his super powers

Why? He could have swung to the Japanese capital and webbed up Tojo to return to the USA.

>it's a faggot user shills his review episode

Kek, great. I love watching that little shit fail.

So since Andrew Garfield is a jew, and he was in a Mel Gibson movie, does that mean Hollywood will finally forgive Gibson?

he changed his last name from something very hebrew into Garfield.

So no. He's an anti-jew.

depends on how many shekels it makes

This guy gets it.

Everyone who disagrees is a shill or a child.

It was ok, but it wasn't kino. And I never want to see Vince Vaughn in another war movie again. Or any movie.

It was very good. I don't watch a lot of world war 2 movies as usually most of them are the same, but I am glad I went to see this one. The violence was actually very realistic from what my grandfather said (he went with me and is a ww2 vet), and from what I've heard and researched, it's actually very true to the actual story of Doss. Gibson is one of the most underrated directors of our time just because he went on an anti-jew rant when he was drunk one time. It really was great having the main character be such a religious man juxtaposed against the horrors of war and how it didn't shake his beliefs, and he even stuck to it by helping save that one Japs life when he was in the tunnel, and also when the 2 soldiers at the doctors tent mentioned how he saved a few japanese lives, too (which you have to remember the gore in the film to realize how many people wouldn't have done that) because of his religious beliefs that every life is worth saving, even those of animals (when he was in the trench with the man who first hit him in basic training asked him if he was going to eat his rations and Doss said that he wasn't because he doesn't eat meat). The subject of religion is a very interesting topic that I wish was explored in big budget movies more often and this was a great movie to end the year of ChristKino.

My first impressions were to compare it with Band Of Brothers because of how brutal yet emotional it can be, but that is a pretty strong comparison and I would need to think more before I can confidently say it.

see

>Actor Andrew Garfield Says He’s ‘Proud’ to Be Jewish When Asked About Starring in New Movie Directed by Mel Gibson, Infamous for Antisemitic Comments

algemeiner.com/2016/10/30/actor-andrew-garfield-says-hes-proud-to-be-jewish-not-concerned-about-starring-in-new-movie-directed-by-mel-gibson-infamous-for-antisemitic-comments/

I've got some bad news
>Est: 5mil
>Budget: 40mil

so it's christfaggery then

It's Mel Gibson.
What did you expect?

I did, and I don't care. It still looked like shit on screen and was Jar-Jar-tier retarded.

I choked a little at the end when it said his wife died in 1991.

>Go see movie about a war hero who wouldn't fire a weapon due to his faith
>OMFG WHY IS THIS ABOUT RELIGION

>it actually happened
>I DON'T CARE HAHA LOL

neck yourselves decadent leftists

>DUDE LEFTIST LMAO

Try watching more war movies that actually qualify as kino instead of just sucking this one off on a Nepalese mountain-climbing blog because BASED MEL DIRECTED IT. Garfield can't fucking act, there's too many Marvel-level retarded scenes, and Vince Vaughn doesn't belong anywhere near a movie about actual strife and conflict.

but it's been a resounding success, especially thanks to you

you are a huge faggot

get shrekt christfag. I voted for trump too.
the amount of christfaggotry in Mel's movies are inversely proportional to their quality, which is why apocalypto and braveheart are 10/10 and passion of the christ is a 5 at best for based flogging scene

i had a friend that went to iraq. he said it was great and had amazing combat scenes. he's a big movie guy too, so I will take his word.

awww poor baby I bet you complain about millennials ruining everything too

let me guess, you're the capecuck that qualifies saving private ryan as kino, plebian taste my lesser being

>not being a patrician
perhaps you'll become one later

I expected christfaggery

They do though.

Christ imagery wasn't the problem with HsR, it was the over-the-top Flanderization of some of the characters and ridiculous cuts in some of the combat scenes.

The religious motif of the movie fit completely perfectly given the nature of Desmond's service and story.

It was quite refreshing to see a movie that was overt in its religious themes while also being pretty great, even if it times it felt melodramatic.

>labels ruin things

No, user. It's people. People ruin everything.

well it's part of the same ideology that Mel has which also led to the flanderization of the characters and the overall shallow take on war, althought it wasn't trying to be particularly deep anyway.

Don't be stupid

The Jap capital was on fire

it was in the pacific front, dumb ass. but it would be incredible to see mel direct a movie that revolved around the japanese side. letters from iwo jima was good but i want more.

>Watching the movie
>Get to the scene where they capture Hacksaw Ridge
>Character says "We did it, we took Hacksaw Ridge, its a shame that Hitler didn't exterminate the jews though, they caused every major catastrophe like The Great Depression and 9/11"

Like I expect shit like that from a Gibson movie, but it was the worst timing. Donno how they didnt redo the take cause he was clearly adlibbing

>movie is about a guy who will not kill because of his religion and even further NOT CARRY A WEAPON

>OMG SERIOSLY MEL YOU DUMB CHRISTFAG!!! WOW I HATE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh that's what it was about? thanks bro

>I've got some bad news
>Est: 5mil
>Budget: 40mil

That's from yesterday you retarded fuck, this weekend is the opening week.

>Japs on top of the cliff
>See the rope ladder the Americans used
>Didn't cut it

Why?

the movie is propaganda.

>Doctor Strange artfully balances its outré source material against the blockbuster constraints of the MCU

We life in a universe where "outré" is used unironically in a meta-review of a comic book film

>Desmond also got snipped after getting blown up
Jesus Christ God made him invincible

>That full metal jacket first half
>That naked hollywood for comic effect
>That Ill call your chief, ghoul and idiot
>LEMME SEE YA WARFACE
Closest ive seen a movie ever come to kubric especially that whole base camp chapter was amazing

Ehh...

Braveheart > Passion > Hacksaw > Man Without A Face > Patriot

>when asked where this dialogue came from he answered "it was a line pitch from my good friend Sam Raimi"

Apocalypto is above Hacksaw, below Passion.

Why didn't you rate his best film, retard?

Tojo was dead before Okinawa

>Imagine all the amazing movies mel could have made if he didnt go full mad max the past 10 years
fugg guys it hurts its a decade of mel we'll never get back

Apocalypto is Mel's Magnum Opus at this point in his career.

because they wanted them to come. they were winning all the time. what could go wrong?

As a gay atheist, I thought this movie was fantastic. Even though the religious symbolism was extremely heavy handed, it makes perfect sense in regards to the character being portrayed and the context of the times they lived in. I also loved how well the characters were written, no blatant villains, not even among the japs.

I'm all for Christian focused movies when they're not blatantly trying to convert you and directed by a hack. (Left Behind et. al.), it's a shame such a tiny fragment are done well.

Did anyone else get some other people snickering about dirty disgusting japs?

even if jewgate didn't happen he probably wouldn't of directed many movies. it's not like he's been pumping them out.

also i think it could be a mallick effect. mel's movies always border on pretentious iconic imagery. Powerful in small doses, but too much of it may turn him into a parody of himself.

Milleneals used to be the cleanest best pleasure

I saw it tonight. It was MOTY.

That shelf was fucking hell.

>That japanese zerg rush

Jesus christ

But that was a direct quote from real-life Doss himself, what he was thinking during that time. He was a religious man, deal with it u turd.

>it's an user can't even articulate a single god damn coherent sentence yet still thinks his opinion is important enough to matter

jesus christ kill yourself. you literally make me sick.

>...episode*

There were a few laughs at the "He even lowered a couple of Japs...they didn't make it."

Not sure if you mean that positively or not, but I loved it. The whole time I was thinking "jesus fuck that whole first push was pointless fuck thats alot of japs"

the best part was that they showed the americans as brutal as the japanese in the war. headshots, flamethrowing, bombing, stabbings, screaming, it felt pretty fair and showcases the brutality of war

>complains about guy not making coherent sentences
>proceeds to not make a coherent sentence

this is why I keep making this videos, it's too much fun

So this is the power of quips.

these*

>wonder why Sup Forums keeps hyping it up
>see who directed it

Sad thing is. Andrew Garfield turns me away more than anything else.

Military culture is extremely toxic

Me 2 but in this one he was legit good.

>Dude Christianity isn't morally superior to imperial Japanese theocracy
The delusions of modern liberalism

I agree. I think part of it is that it shows the brutality of each side. Plus the first half of the film does not prepare the viewer for the sheer insanity that happens in the second half.

The scene where an American is retrieving Desmond's Bible and the scene is inter-cut with the Japanese man preforming Seppuku How do you guys interpret that? Was Mel showing the two belief systems showing the importance of both to each culture or criticizing the Japanese?

Just wondering because I'm not too sure what to think about.

He didn't make the patriot you fucking idiot

I don't understand you fucking people. He's a great actor who's proven himself more times than most have these days

You must be retarded capeshitters who only judge him from Spiderman

but you are quoting yourself, because nobody said that.