Star Wars fans BTFO! How will they ever recover?

Star Wars fans BTFO! How will they ever recover?

more like how will south park recover from this shit season

>south park said it
>time to agree

Member when this show tried?

But we've known this since it came out last year.

They mean it's overrated, not that it's bad. It's better than any prequel film.

Plinkett did the whole "TFA is great" and later "okay not that great" first

This, but it's been shit for more than a decade.

>It's better than any prequel film.
Not Phantom Menace

III>II>IV>VI>I>V>VII

Are they still repeating the same jokes from when this season started?

Didn't they have a whole episode about why Disney should not get star wars a few years ago.

Modern South Park is gonna be so dated in a decades time. Nobody will remember or care about all these news stories and people they're taking the piss out of.

thats why they keep changing the formula

Rotj > anh > tfa > esb > tpm > rots > aotc

>I-IT'S NOT FAIR

Disneycucks on suicide watch.

Rots was better

wtf is that shit on garrison's skin

>It's better than any prequel film.

4>5>6>1>7>3>2

Say what you will about Phantom Menace being bad but I believe not only was Attack of the Clones an insult to Star Wars fans but an insult to cinema as a whole.

Explain how I get more enjoyment from The Phantom Menace than I do The Force Awakens?

Matt & Trey came up with literally like 3 jokes for the entire season s m h

Nigga, I said TFA is better than the prequels

Because the prequels are exceptionally weak and bad. While TFA is very similar to ANH, it did alot of things right and IS in fact good.

I was talking to the other guy but I agree with you. about how the prequels are better and more imaginative than TFA.

Only thing I really liked about Abram's Star Wars was the aesthetics, bread scene and Han & Chewy arguing before raiding the base and learning Finn was really just a custodian.

>dude your enjoyment was fake lmao

Why do Trey and Matt the literal cucks think this is an argument? Do they think they're above everyone else because they didn't like TFA for contrarian reasons?

>Explain how I get more enjoyment from The Phantom Menace than I do The Force Awakens?

Nostalgia for seeing it with dad when you were 4

>While TFA is very similar to ANH, it did alot of things right and IS in fact good.
TFA is far more overstuffed and a mess compared to ANH.
As boring and weak TPM was, it was a far more solid film than TFA.

Star wars was never imaginative. It was a throwback to old serials. All of a sudden george thinks star wars is "the tragedy of darth vader" and about politics. Hes fucking dumb and wrong

Revenge of the Sith is literally the second best SW movie after Empire.

I think the last season was actually bretty good. Maybe I'm remembering wrong though.

>don't watch star wars
>don't care for US elections

>this entire south park season goes over my head

anyone else in this situation?

South Park shitting on TFA just proves how good it actually was.

>We share Sup Forums with people who unironically like the prequels
Honestly, you think any of the prequels are good, you really are on the wrong website. Go to 9fag or reddit or wherever. They were shit and TFA was better than them.

>TPM is boring and weak
>TFA wasn't
>ergo TPM > TFA
:^)

Episode 1 is fun movie on it's own and Episode 3 is not bad at all. Episode 2 is really the only "bad" one mostly in that's forgettable.

You literally need to go back to 9gag yourself if you think TFA was great. I bet you don't think Rey was a Mary Sue either.

Yeah, this is fair. Personally I like Episode III better because of nostalgia (saw it in theaters with all my friends when I was 10, good memories), but it's objectively worse than Episode VII.

>for contrarian reasons
Im no contrarion and even I know TFA was unimaginative and boring garbage.

>>We share Sup Forums with people who unironically like the prequels

It's disgusting but we just have to accept some people are retarded

Both are not even too 3 pleb

Its a fantasy series whith chosen ones pleb

*top, with

>hurr dur its so hard to be on a moving pictures forum with people that have other tastes than you

It is, it really is. How can I engage in intellectual conversation with those who are dumber than plankton?

Episode 1 is fun, other than the boring as fuck parts, annoying characters (Jabba, Anakin, etc), rather poor plot
3 has its moments.

But all other 4 episodes blow it out of the way.

I didn't say it's great. My opinion is it's good but NOT great.

It's better because it's darker!

I won't disagree that 4 through 7 are better. I just don't think 1 through 3 are as bad as people try to make them out to be.

So that makes you what? 15? Fuck off back to your high school facebook page kid

Are you under the impression that Episode III came out 5 years ago?

>its the ~darkest~ of the 3
1 is nice on the eyes. 2 and 3 are worthless

>muh chosen one

It's lazy storytelling you abject pleb. Literally deus ex machina.

>prequel apologists ITT getting btfo like usual

No one actually said anything about "liking" the prequels you delusional fuck.
If you really think TFA is a better film because they stuck a bunch of elements from previous films then you're an idiot.

What are you guys on about, there was only one trilogy of Star Wars.
A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi. No other Star Wars movies were made. Ever!

daisyfag upset lol

Nah, I don't like personally like her. She's probably the worst character, though orange Yoda is a mentionable competitor for that.

>sequelfag in denial

No one actually said anything about " TFA is a better film because they stuck a bunch of elements from previous films" you delusional fuck.

3 is the best of the prequels but is still pretty bad. the acting is hit or miss and the visuals have not aged well at all. phantom menace is bad but is better than the dumpster fire that is clones.

V > IV > VII > III > VI >>>>> I = II

Official Most Overrated Star Wars Movies Power Rankings

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Force Awakens
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. The Phantom Menace
5. A New Hope
6. Attack of the Clones
7. Return of the Jedi (most underrated)

kill yourself

The prequelfag becomes angry and lashes out when confronted with the truth

>implying Empire is overrated enough to be 3rd
again, kill yourself

IV > V > VI > III > VII > I > II
fixed it for you

So what's more overrated? ANH?

It was on par, at least the prequels had that Lucas charm. 7 was felt offbrand and commercialized purely for normies and especially progressive millennials

I've never seen so much wrong with one post.

Yes. But honestly, no one overrates Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones. Everyone shits on them.

>at least the prequels had that Lucas charm

projectile_vomit.png

No? Then name one thing why TFA is better.

>Yes

The ORIGINAL STAR WARS FILM is not fuckinbg overrated

Almost everyone puts it below 5, and it's obviously not worse than any of the other movies

>no one overrates Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones

Which is why I didn't put them at the top of the list.

I don't know... Lucas charm didn't make them good. Factory-made TFA at least hit the marks of enjoyability. And honestly... it had some heart.

How do you know he didn't lash out because user had TFA at second place?

>So that makes you what? 15?

No, 21.

Harrison Ford

>he thinks he's a big boy

You shouldn't have put them on the list at all along with V and VI.

Other than "elements from previous films", user.

I put the movies in order from most overrated to most underrated, how do you not understand this

Objectively true.

is there any good part on TFA that wasn't directly lifted from ANH?

They never recovered from the last several bad seasons and they're still doing ok guess

Oscar Isaac.

Not him but he has some things right.

Prequelfags rate Revenge of the Sith exceptionally high when it really had some excessively stupid moments
>Emperor has a lightsaber and fights with it
>Obi Wan vs Anakin fight is fucking long and goes EVERYWHERE
I'll never understand why people like it so much. You get bored quickly with it. At least Jedi had a fight where you could focus and be interested. I'm not saying Sith's fight is BAD; it has good parts, but it's too long
>too many silly moments.
"So uncivilized" "He killed *giggle* younglings" Almost most all of Anakin's dialgoueetc

Force Awakens is considered AMAZING, when it was simply pretty good

Empire Strikes Back isn't overrated. It's perfect.

Phantom Menace is horrid but people claim its good because its Star Wars.

RoTJ is underrated. Last half and first quarter are great.

Anyone who thinks Phantom Menace is better than Attack of The Clones needs to fuck off back to neofag or whatever shithole you came from cause the only positive about PM was dual of fates and muh nostalgia since you all saw it when you were impressionable little kids who could tolerate shit
Whereas you saw AotC when you were being edgy teenagers so the forced romance is the only thing you remember
Prove me wrong
PROTIP, you can't

And you shouldn't have put V, VI, I, or II on there because they're not, but by doing so, you're implying that they are and others are more overrated than others despite not being overrated at all.

Oh, sorry. I'd put Kylo Ren. He's a pussy trying to be edgy and tough. That's pretty good character building, because that's what literally any teenager would be if they could be a Jedi.

but since some people don't like him, I'll put in the best dogfighting in the franchise. If it takes an element from the originals and improves it, I think that counts.

Point taken. His interactions with finn were pretty fun as well. Too bad he's only in the movie for 10 minutes

That entire long shot of Isaac just blowing the fuck out of everyone while Finn is running is one of the best scenes in the franchise.

>I'll put in the best dogfighting in the franchise
what?

>Prequelfags rate Revenge of the Sith exceptionally high when it really had some excessively stupid moments

The whole thing was excessively stupid.

Half of the movie was about General Grievous, who no one cares about. Another half of the movie was 2 characters walking down a hall doing boring expository dialogue with no emotion. And the third half was about Anakin becoming Darth Vader, which happened because he wanted to save Padme. Darth Vader is fucking EVIL, he was "seduced by the dark side," it should've been for evil reasons. The only reason why people liked ROTS is because a bunch of characters who everyone hated died

>That's pretty good character building, because that's what literally any teenager would be if they could be a Jedi.
You're not wrong but one film wasn't exactly enough to do him justice, and "no, it was snoke who seduced our son" has got to be the most half assed excuse to why someone turned to the dark side.
I can never understand why Anakin got so much shit for being a bitch even though who had it worse than Ren, but Ren gets fucking praised even though he acted like a manchild.

>Darth Vader is fucking EVIL, he was "seduced by the dark side," it should've been for evil reasons.

Darth Vader and the Dark Side are not evil. They simply believe in using force to achieve their means rather than peace.

I literally put "most underrated" next to VI, are you retarded

And TPM is overrated. People usually rank it above AOTC, which it shouldn't be.

1. Episode 5
2. Episode 4
3. Episode 6
[POWER GAP]
89. Episode 7
{POWER GAP}
373. Rick
374. Negan
(PoWeR gAp)

529. Episode 2
530. Episode 3
231. Episode 1
Really though the last three are interchangeable because they suck monkey shit

I didn't list all stupid moments because it'd make the the post too long.

What the fuck does Walking Dead have to do with this?

>Darth Vader and the Dark Side are not evil

>snoke seduced our child
Eh, we'll see. We can be sure that it's partially his parents' fault too.

5>1>3>4>6>2>7

objective patrician rankings