Why didn't Dormammu just torture him?

Why didn't Dormammu just torture him?

As in put him in more agony than he could ever imagine but never actually kill him, just make it last a week or longer.

Pretty sure that'd break him.

maybe he did. In the story strange had infinite loops.

In a movie producing capacity they didn't have infinite time to show you all the loops.

Also maybe strange could just load to the last check point at any time. Not just when he dies.

It was a battle of wills.
Strange won, because he's familiar with both pain and time.

Because he was trapped in a time loop -- He killed Doc the first time and was forced to kill him every single iteration, he could only change HOW he killed him.

>goes into a dimension outside of time
>dimension is limited by time

What did they mean by this?

If that were the case, Strange would never have been able to eventually bargain, he just would have kept being killed. Besides, predetermiantion really has to be all or nothing - the manner of death seems an arbitrary line to draw.

Go to dry towel
Introduce water
It's now a wet towel

Same concept. Dimension with no time. Bring a magic stone that can create time.

Sure he would be able, he was the one that was controlling time. He had the ability to end the loop.

>logical consistency
>live action american cartoon
pick one

>he thinks anything is free of time and space

CUTE

The movie implies that because dormamu exists outside of time then the concept of a time loop is new to him and extra annoying

That's why black magic man said they were asking for something bigger by interfering with the natural order.

Strange will be killed by Dormaru, but in a grander way

>exists "outside time"
>time still moves linearly and what you're actually getting is a bunch of hyper saturated colors
lel.

Someone needs to Paulie this image

WATCH IT DORMAMMU

Isn't time really just the measurement of light? So if Dormammu's dimension was without time, shouldn't it have been nothing but black?

>Isn't time really just the measurement of light?
No.

No... Light is photons and such, really just energy but the concept light you're thinking of is more to do with your eyes than anything else. Time is a real thing, a fourth dimension, affected by gravity and all that good stuff, it's not a metaphor or abstraction for photons.

why didnt strange just use the time turner to save tilda swinton
or why didnt tilda swinton just use the time turner to stay young instead

The fact I've seen multiple people saying shit like this makes me so god damn sad for humanity.

Did you miss that big ass ghost speech she made about living forever and dying and all that shit? You know, the culmination of her entire character for the movie? I guess maybe you dozed off or something I dunno.

but why didnt they use the time turner for that

You assume Strange dying is the trigger for the time loop restarting. For all you know the second you start to torture him the loop would restart. Dormammu might have even done so but it just wasn't shown, we've no way of knowing how long it lasted and how many loops there were

Wong explained it's dangerous to mess about with it like that and you could risk being permanently trapped in a time loop or erasing yourself from existance

WATCH IT DORMAMMU

Can somebody please explain this creamy memey to me? Thank you

It's a time loop, it keeps going back. Not just when he dies