In all seriousness, what the fuck was he on about?

In all seriousness, what the fuck was he on about?

He was basically saying it's all ball bearings these days

>it's a dumb people write dialog for an "intelligent" character episode

Yes well done Neo, well done..... However

Women filmmakers suck

Ergo

He was saying that if you want to watch yourself on tv monitors visa vi your minds eye then you have to accept the anomaly inherent to the program and purge it (r3b00t the system) in order to achieve clarity

He designed The Matrix, which was initially a paradise for humans, but their minds refused to accept such an artificially forced happy reality.

So, with help from The Oracle, the Matrix was redesigned to be a much more mundane representation of the peak of human civilization, where subconsciously all humans were aware it was all fake, and allowed to choose to reject it. 'One' human was selected to have special Matrix powers to wake up others who would build a human settlement in the real world (Zion). Periodically, the machines would wipe out Zion before it could pose a threat, while rebooting the Matrix into a new cycle with a new One.

If the One chooses not to cooperate, apparently this will result in the Matrix crashing and killing everyone connected (this is never explained and could be a bluff), which combined with the machines destroying axiom would wipe out humanity. Every One chose to go along with this until Neo, because he was hard for Trinity.

>I am the Architect. I created the matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably [NOTE: Hold mouse over word to get definition] human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also irrelevant.

I made all this shit. You're The One but you're still a dumbass, so you're about to ask a useless question.

>Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

You only became The One because I couldn't fix it so you fancy fuckers would never show up. It's a pain in the ass to deal with, but at least we know you're gonna come along.

>The matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

You're not the first One, you're the sixth one.

He just wanted to party

So then why wasn't mankind wiped out when Neo choose his grill over saving mankind?

Because the third movie was poorly thought out.

Really, the only explanation is it was a bluff. The system WAS about to crash because Agent Smith was fucking up the world and assimilating everything, but this was a new event - implied to be the work of the Oracle, so Neo would have leverage to barter for peace with the machines.

In the previous versions of the Matrix, I guess the Ones were huge idiots and just instantly took the Architect at his word.

The theme running through the whole series is choice.

Apparently this iteration of Neo is bugged in that he "chooses" for himself. Not following the predetermined path everything else does.

The simple act of choice had massive ramifications for the system. So much so that it couldn't adapt and a spiral effect happened. Smith choosing to break free of his programming was one such thing.

The Oracle knowing everyone's future was simply because that's what happens time and time again. She wasn't clairvoyant. She was just reading from their repeated programming. Basically like us learning the enemy patterns in a shoot em up.

Not half as impressive an ability now, is it?

What movie is this?

Colonel Sanders documentary

Underrated post

>humans are batteries to power robots
>actually it was all a trick

That's the jist of this right?

>people had trouble understanding this scene

....how ?

You'll cowards don't even know why he was the '6th' one.

It was originally supposed to be human's brains being linked up to power some giant internet style neural network the machines were using, but the studios balked at the idea thinking people were too stupid to understand the concept.

People understand batteries though, right? Now pay for your cinema ticket bitch!

why going through all the trouble of letting humans create zion and then wipe it out?
Wouldnt it be easier to just kill the awakend humans and turn their bodies into nourhisment for other humans?

why is this bullshit even necessary
they are robots, they dont have to act by human logic. For all we know, they could be hard-coded to preserve the human race, thats why they would keep us matrix

Weeding out the troublemakers in one fell swoop.

If people leave the matrix voluntarily then they'll try to pull more out. The machines know this and just let it happen, knowing full well in a few years they'll just wipe the place out and reset ithe matrix back to the beginning again.

The Architect explained it as the "illusion of choice."

Neo broke that cycle by actually making decisions for himself instead of relying on his core programming.

They let the humans do their work for them. It's incredibly rare for someone to just 'wake up' without help, it only happens once in an Animatrix short about a sprinter under immense physical strain.

If they let the released humans find other redpills, all the dissidents are gathered into one place for them to wipe out in one swoop.

let them leave matrix voluntarily and then throw them in a meet grinder
then you wont need to destroy zion each time

Very much like how Sup Forums is the containment board for Trump supporters.

Hillary supporters too, now go back

THIS
I can't understand why people don't get this scene.
>"humans have escaped the Matrix before, Matrix keeps self-correcting and thwarting their plans, we simplified it into an algorithm, you gonna lose buddy"

This is literally all there is to it.

>Hillary wins
>becomes president
>fucks the country up spectacularly

>no one will call her out for fear of being labelled mysoginist by the twitter hatemob

Welcome to your 2016-2020 presidential term america!

Wrong board, Sup Forums

plot twist: they were sisters all along

I DID NOT SAY TRUMP SUPPORTERS COULD STAY EITHER

GET THE FUCK OUT

remind me

was it ever explained why Neo was able stop / kill the sentinels in the real world? I remember people saying that the real world was just another layer of the matrix, but apparently that theory was thought to be bullshit.

I'm right that there's no actual explanation in the films themselves right? Is there any plausible theory as to how he could do that? Or is he literally Jesus?

>Trump wins
>becomes president
>America seen as laughing stock by entire globe because they have a reality tv star for commander in chief

Either way you're fucked.

Apparently just as Smith was able to effect a transfer OUT so Neo was able to transfer IN. In effect he could control the sentinels because he was still not only connected, he was actually hacking into the mainframe server itself.

"Able to change the program to suit himself" but in the real world too. At least as far as the source was concerned. Which is why they wanted him to join with them because he was the very first real human/machine hybrid interface.

memes

I think the Oracle later says "he was reaching out to 'the source'" -- what "the source" is, however, is never explored.

I miss ledeckyposting

he had a good wifi signal
pretty simply really

vis a vis
ergo
quid pro quo

The movie makes a lot more sense when you realize the "real world" is just another level to the matrix. That's why Neo's powers work to a certain extent outside of the matrix