Doctor Strange

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/sommerray/?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was okay, but since it's a Super-Heroes movie that don't go outside of the paradigms of Super-Heroes movies because "MUH AVENGERS" and shits, it loses a lot of potentials about visual effects, metaphors and symbolism so all you can see in this movie is "It's magic so we do what we want, fucking plebians!" with a cliche scenario about saving the Earth, AGAIN!

mahvel needs to keep stealing ideas from anime it just work

>DORMAMMU I'VE COME TO BARGAIN

That's shitty bait

That part was cool. I liked how they made his face.

Retarded shit for kids. Unless you are one and if you genuinely enjoyed this capeshit - you should rethink your life. As a movie it really sucked on every aspect. Marvel should really look back to The Winter Soldier or Days of Future Past. Of course they had flaws, but they were pretty good as movies itself. This one as well as all the other ones of marvel shitty clown fiesta movies is pretty lame. 3/10

I liked Mad Max Fury Road. Should I see this movie?

Im going to see this now

Will my gf like it?

Mad Max Fury Road is definitely better than this, but at least Doctor Strange is better than Batman Vs. Superman.

Maybe, it depends if she likes capeshits or not...

garbage like all capeshit. I wish you faggots would just move to China alreasy so they'd stop releasing them here

The action was disappointing for a movie about people with magical powers it consisted of people hitting each other with glowing sticks and fists at least it had those visual effects throughout the action scenes to stop me from passing out

A Black guy is one of the main characters so she'll love it

>Just Wong? Like...Adele?
Marvel does it again!

2/10
shit characters, special effects were slightly above average just because of the theme of the movie i guess so it doesnt matter since they dont do anything exceptional with it, pacing/editing were fine.

so quips break the mood of the scene, and thats okay i mean its a legitimate tool. the problem with them is the same problem with the sacred one dies, theres nothing making the break meaningful enough for me to care about the comment. it just makes everything even less meaningful. at least if there was a clear distinction between the mood of the general film with the witty remarks, and dramatic scenes maybe it would make it a bit more of an emotional response. i only heard people laugh in the movie theaters, not cry, not clap, not gasp, why not just make a full out comedy then?

It's pretty cookie cutter sword and sorcery bullshit, just set in modern times.

>outcast finds temple of knights or whatever
>after being there for every little time, he outshines other cadets/pupils and earns respect of the grand master for no reason
>bad guy who used to be an old student wants revenge
>protag is somehow way more qualified to defeat him than countless superiors at the dojo/round table/whatever

I will give it this: best music score of the MCU, at least.

Sad to see Kublai sdf dsa to that

I thought Cumberbatch was a meme, having somehow avoided his acting in pretty much everything except the shitty Hobbits. He was legitimately great, and I liked Strange's shitty sense of humor more than the typical quips.

I also really liked the resolution to the conflict. The flick was paint-by-numbers otherwise. Enjoyable at least.

And the soundtrack was GOAT. That harpsichord(?) fit perfectly.

You're definitely right that it was too quip heavy.

It's about Buddhist wizards, so I expected more bullshit philosophy and fewer quips. Too many quips.

The opening scenes in the hospital were great though, I'd watch a whole movie just like it.

I was hoping they used this Dormmamu design instead.

>Just Wong? Like Hitler, the last great hope of the white race?

It was a mistake to bring in Raimi for reshoots

i have no problem with quips, i saw him as almost a doctor House, dont get me wrong. but doctor house had another dimension to his ego. Strange was about breaking his ego/skepticism and "surrendering" to something beyond human comprehension.

i actually would love this taking on a face of post-modernism, by substentially questioning scientific belief in a more tangible sense. its too bad these directors never dare to go beyond its audience. movies like the lobster are successful and they raise questioning from academics and it wasnt a hard movie to follow. when will people realize that cape kino can indeed be kino

It just felt a bit weird seeing Dr. Strange so powerless.

>Strange was about breaking his ego/skepticism and "surrendering" to something beyond human comprehension.

This is what pissed me off about the movie, honestly.

>How dare you be skeptical of a school of thought obscure to your culture in favor of the practical medicinal science that's brought you success in saving lives?! You're just so far up your own ass!

The "man vs. his own arrogance" was done much more tangibly in Thor, where Thor's ego was something to overcome because we saw his ill-advised actions that stemmed from it. Here, Strange pisses off his girlfriend with a pity party and scoffs at something he doesn't understand before immediately taking it back once he's been given adequate proof. Despite the dialogue's insistence to the contrary, there's no real character arc here, just Strange learning to keep his nigh-inconsequential remarks to himself.

Whats his name again?

it was gay

i just wish these films actually spoke about the real world in which theyre set in. the world always comes in post, as a consequence.

Medical Practitioner Anomalous

People bitch about how that isn't Dormammu but that's literally what he looked like in the original comics

>DUDE SPECIAL EFFECTS LMAO
Got bored and left the cinema after about an hour

Bentydick Cumonmyballs

Just came back and this movie was so good! Best marvel since Winter Soldier, and up there with the Batman trilogy

Was the theater I went to shitty, or was this movie incredibly dark? I could barely make out what was happening most of the time.

This looks like it's out of an anime or Kingdom Hearts. Look at those boots. I do not get a "dark otherworldly dimension" vibe from him at all.

Maybe they can do something like that when he comes to earth.

No you didn't.

Yeah I thought the same thing. It's a pretty overused trope.

I liked the part where the saved the dude's life and then gave his family a half hug.

>literally rushes to save a man's life within first two minutes of his screentime
>"Jesus, Dr. Strange, you only care about your own ego."

Not him, but I never thought it would be possible for "mind-blowing" special effects sequences to run so long they actually become kind of boring, but somehow this movie pulled it off.

No, this isn't a matter of attention span; it's a matter of emotional investment and dramatic tension, both of which were largely absent in this movie. It's still a pretty fun watch, but overall just kind of flat.

Marvel VS Capcom 3 sprite I think

Dr. Strange never beat him, he's lost every encounter against him.

All he did was bargain with dormammu.

What would have been cool if there was some implication he's been stuck in a time loop for years, if not decades before dormammu got annoyed enough. Would make sense why he would be so powerful after years of time loop training.

you're right, I just go to cry in the bathroom because this movie moved me.

Is a true masterpiece, I love it!

why did his spell stop channeling when the evil possessed dude hit him, and the one that kept in a loop didnt stop even though he dies

KHAN

When was the mid-credits scene supposed to be set? Thor said he was looking for Odin and bringing Loki to New York, but Loki is disguising himself as Odin

It's magic, I don't have to explain shit

Yeah I wondered about that too. I remember at the end of thor 2, loki is posing as odin, who orders them to bring the ether to the collector right? I cant remember where odin is. Didnt loki send him to some dimension?

I thought Loki straight-up murdered Odin and took his place. Maybe it's after Avengers 1? That ends with Loki as a prisoner in NYC right?

The reverse-time fight was really well done though

First capekino since tdk

Seems like it's taken from the middle of Thor 3, kinda like that Civil War scene at the end of Ant Man

Avengers 1 ended with Thor taking Loki to Asgard. Nothing was said about Odin's fate at the end of Thor 2, seems like Loki somehow banished him to Earth like Thor was.

looks like shit mate

>mfw my kublai-khan disrespected

?

Holy fug it was really dark, literally only in New York could you see anything

What's his first name btw?

It was garbage with some neat visual effects. The characters were almost embarrassingly thin even by the very, very low MCU standards. Reminded me a lot of Green Lantern, desu

Beyoncé

>all powerful god
>heckle him for 30 seconds
>he caves like a bitch

That looks goofy as hell.
Movie was a bit flat like others said, but I thought it did the "cosmic" elements justice.

Ever since I heard they were doing the Infinity Gauntlet stuff, I've been curious how they were going to portray all the weird cosmic entities and metaphysical elements. This movie did alright I'd say.
If they follow the Infinity Gauntlet comics at all, how will they portray all the star gods and wacky shit?

I thought that was hilarious. But they could have been doing that for eons for all we know and it was just shortened for the audience.

Dormammu is terrified of the concept of time and hates that shit too.

His save the cat moment. The audience has to know early that he's someone to root for, despite snarky comments and egotistical attitude towards his peers and romantic love interest. This is a man who, despite his flaws, saves lives and is good at it.

>30 seconds
this is what autists actually believe

In a world featuring fully functional robot arms which are indistinguishable in function from the human arm... one millionaire surgeon will keep trying to apply real world 2016 logic to fixing his nerve damage. Just chop them off and get winter-soldier-esque hands.

That tech isn't common or public knowledge though.

Very solid origin movie, great action sequences, performances are stellar

A bit too much humor though, and the pacing is rushed, but it's very enjoyable

Capeshit rankings 2016
>Deadpool: 4/5
>Batman bin Superman: 3/5
>Cap Civil War: 5/5
>X-Men Apoc: 3/5
>Suicide Squad: 1/5
>Doctor Strange: 4/5
>Suicide Squad: 1/5

what about your ratings, fellow anons?

t. Marvelfaggot

>Deadpool: 4/5
>Batman V Superman: 2/5
>Civil War: 3/5
>X-Men Apocalypse: 2/5
>Suicide Squad: 2/5
>Doctor Strange: 4/5

dorammuu is dexstar jexter in another life

You're right. Literal magic is far easier to come by. You can't even swing a dead netherbeast without hitting some magic-user or another in the MCU.

Reminder: Stark designed a harness to let Rhodey walk again, and he's not even a doctor.

>if you genuinely enjoyed this capeshit you should rethink your life
>references more capeshit as something to aspire to
mmhm

Name?

Just want them to show the passages of time better than that. Both the training and the bargaining scene.

Considering that Dormammu isn't dead, I don't see why he couldn't come back in a host body or whatever that looks like the form most people are used to from the comics. I liked how he was portrayed in this film.

Indeed.

>villain played by a good actor in their debut movie
>again

This fucking scene. "Khan" meant nothing to anyone in that room

He was being heckled with an infinity stone bruh

don't lie

Benedict....

Benedict Wong.

instagram.com/sommerray/?hl=en

Physician Peculiar

Is it worth seeing in normal 3D senpai?

I watched a shitty camrip and it was still a trip. I can only imagine anything normal and up is awesome.

Why did Kaecillus have to kill the poor librarian when he could just portal arm and take the book like Strange did?

Why did it take Kaecillus to so long like a year or however long Strange's training is to decipher the torn page?

What's the literal drawback of reverse time? It can't be destroyed (infinity gem) and can pull back time indefinitely. OP as fuck

>2016
>still watching Marvelshit

I liked it.

I do wish that they had spent more time exploring the more esoteric aspects of the magic itself, though. All we really see is time manipulation, astral projection, and magic whips.

i kinda didn't like the fact that the fights became more of conjuring + magic instead of all out magic fights

Kaecillus was an asshole. A dumb asshole?

As for time travel it was explicitly stated that it can cause all kinds of shit like time loops, paradoxes, alternate timelines etc.

It sure wasn't Harry Potter, flicking fireworks at each other magic. I mean, they were jumping back and forth between alternate planes of existence and warping reality as fighting tactics. Shits gonna be bananas in the sequel.

The truth

His shitty American accent sounded like Kryten from Red Dwarf spitting out bits of cracker.

>multiple white men

Yeah that's not happening

they're totally deviating from it. With no Adam Warlock to summon the gods, it looks like it'll be Strange + GOTG + Avengers fighting against Thanos and beating him.

which I really find stupid, since the comics the earth heroes barely made any dent on Thanos even with Thor on board.

this bugs me a lot, nobody gives a fuck about his name. His could be "Potato" and still same zero impact.
JJ Abrams and Lindelof and all those faggots need to be killed and burned and not in that order.

It's not so much the action itself. I might have liked to have seen the film go all out and embrace the mysticism behind magic.

Why didn't he use his Time Powers to save Tilda Denton or fix his hands?

Justin

his hands serve as a constant reminder of what he is now same thing why he didn't fix the broken watch.