Product Placement

Is there anything better for getting you immersed in a show or movie than product placement? I mean my friends and I talk about favorite products all the time, so when they it in shows I feel like I'm right there.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgpXJ2qjU9Y
youtu.be/EvQPLMYxhKk
youtu.be/NdvO0tmNjGo
youtube.com/watch?v=5XHsDJ-9EDs
youtu.be/9IS-GZ4q340
youtube.com/watch?v=AeLuQQH1OHA
youtube.com/watch?v=8VK7TeW6XKU
youtube.com/watch?v=PS691lJzW1E
youtube.com/watch?v=YaQqj2PmBh4
cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0863/0656/products/Riot_Tee_Black_MEN-2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1477957685
youtube.com/watch?v=zaOJUPFahIM
youtube.com/watch?v=iIVKQV0sJ-8
youtube.com/watch?v=fdlBny3K-Wg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I remember as a kid watching shows and getting mad at generic branding in movies.

I always thought "why dont they just put an actual brand in"

Today it makes me fucking sick, I miss generic beer cans.

I dont mind the beer bottle turned backwards so you cant read the label.

Look at this horse shit
youtube.com/watch?v=UgpXJ2qjU9Y

I don't see the big deal. If I'm getting a shitload of brand I'm gonna ask for my favorite type.

and what is your favorite type?

Italian Herbs and Cheese for normal sandwiches, flat bread for breakfast ones.

BING IT!

guarantee those people had to get shit faced after doing that scene.

Made up brands annoy me more because it's almost insulting to the audience's intelligence.

Product Placement Kino

youtu.be/EvQPLMYxhKk

Popeyes isn't even good.

Pigged out on some whoppers after watching this desu

So the product placement was so bad they made you go to the competition?

There was no need to explain such an simple joke, user.

>I was only pretending to be retarded

Who are you quoting?

You. I guess you can't read.

youtu.be/NdvO0tmNjGo

Why do you guess that?

How could anyone think this is a good idea?

The rest of the film is fairly awful, approaching sometimes so bad it's funny, but mostly a dull imitation of E.T, so it's no surprised they had so little concern with quality as to put a commercial for McDonalds in it.

There's some well done examples.

Only tv to ever do product placement correctly is Chuck

>completely missing the lame joke
>unironically being this retarded
There's no hope for you, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=5XHsDJ-9EDs

The Wire's product placement is fantastic because it incorporates it in the show.

>D's speech about McNuggets and the drug trade

Literally every Sony movie.

What a fucking mess that room is. Disgusting.

It's not that bad.

>Getting a super fucking mega obese minority to advertise your food product

Anyway I always liked the McDonalds one in The Fifth Element. To me it always felt pretty realistic, since in the future McDonalds probably would still exist and they probably would have massive fuck off logos on the side of buildings.

has there been product placement in a movie or show which instead of jarring really felt right?

I'm ok with it as long as none of the characters pay attention to it. The camera doesn't look at only that one single logo. They don't stop to talk about it like they find out a criminal's wherabouts or something and MC says "type the address into the navigation", the camera zooms in on the new chevrolettm's built-in nav system while the passenger types shit in.

youtu.be/9IS-GZ4q340

this actually does feel natural

That's pretty believable.

youtube.com/watch?v=AeLuQQH1OHA

As bad as this is, it's probably the best part of the film, the one they clear put effort in. I think it's funny the fictional Al Pacino has more dignity than the real one.

>mmmm...toasty

Not awkward at all

I don't mind product placement as long as it's done organically. Like a character gets a coke from the fridge or something. That's fine.

One very distinctly perceives that subway is the choice of for the distinguished guy of big size.

Subway shills in every movie.

Got an example?

The Subway ones are usually terrible but the exception is the Subway Happy Gilmore Ad he did in the movie to help earn more money on the tour (since he was a fan favorite but making 1500 a week because he was still learning the game). He delivers it so shitty and wooden and the 'ad' is so corny it fits.

>all these replies and nobody has mentioned Jonah Hill yet

See

I appreciate the subtle jonahposting there but the one where he is walking with all the SubwayTM is great. Or the one where you see his disappointed face in the Store Closed sign.

So instead of new and unique Jonah memes you want the same old tired out ones that you can instantly recognize because "I understood that reference".

it's not really that bad when they're showing off their own shit

you are describing memes in general....so....yeah?

I liked Subway in Community.
He was great.

memes are tired out by definition

We just had a thread like this a few days ago

I expected this to be posted sooner.

youtube.com/watch?v=8VK7TeW6XKU

is subway the product placement king?

I have to admit, I laughed at the Evolution product placement for Head and Shoulders when they just went absolutely crazy and made it the ultimate weapon in the story

Underrated

100% james gandolfinis delivery

It was self aware enough to work.

that man was amazing, really fit the role. RIP

I don´t know seeing real life products in the background kinda makes the world seem more real to me

It has the opposite effect, just like when I see a real life news broadcaster. It makes me think on the production process and not the story itself.

then again I was only really thinking about animes

I have seen like 20 different rip off of MC Donald's so far.

I never really cared much about background product placements in movies or western tv shows since I don´t really pay attention to such things

>really thinking about animes
Which usually and sensibly make up their own products, but I wouldn't mind seeing a real life product in most of the animes I watch, but it would bother me a little in a drama.

This is perfectly fine product placement. The character delivers the scene as believable as any other, it's something you're not surprised to hear him say.

He also doesn't just praise the product to sell it like a shill, he's actually disliking this version of the product.

Wayne's world is another great example

>it's probably the best part of the film

The best (and only laugh) from Jack and Jill is when Pacino gets his Oscar broken.

>Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I am sure you have others, though.
>Uh, you'd think it, but oddly enough, I don't.

Does the Dave and Buster's scene from Always Sunny count?

youtube.com/watch?v=PS691lJzW1E

They got there earlier in the episode too.

>Subway Happy Gilmore Ad
youtube.com/watch?v=YaQqj2PmBh4

>watched Dr Strange yesterday
>all I remember is the case of Coca Cola sitting outside Tilda's house in Nepal

Takes your right out of the moment.

Yeah I'm sure you're pretty self conscious about your own intelligence

I'm still waiting

let's play a game.
We post oddly specific brands/products and try and guess the show.

cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0863/0656/products/Riot_Tee_Black_MEN-2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1477957685

Hawaii 5 o and Bing.

Product placement is never that bad

Think about how much time you spend in your life debating which company makes better products.

what the fuck. Is this show supposed to be a comedy?

cars are the worst

>it is a chase scene
>zooms on hood
>it is a chevy again

These are actually executed quite well

youtube.com/watch?v=zaOJUPFahIM
youtube.com/watch?v=iIVKQV0sJ-8
youtube.com/watch?v=fdlBny3K-Wg